Spy Photo-Ford Nitro Motor - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Sure would be nice if Ford would support their sportsman racers in NHRA and IHRA. For a company that cut back on funds for racing. To dump freighter loads of cash and services only to Force :evil: For a nitro engine of all things makes me sick. These sort of decisions are not the way to increase FoMoCo presence in our sport. With the current low Ford car count at national and divisional levels,I would think this will have the oposite effect. Maybe as a Ford Guy I should feel proud of this great acomplishment. Yet I feel like a Fool.

C. Wigle
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 07:20 PM
WFO

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Force is right there to tell the higher ups at Ford what a GREAT deal they're putting all that money into! Lower rung racers don't stand a chance of getting any of the [action]!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Sounds like Force is getting into Top Fuel now also.

FORD NITRO ENGINE NEARING COMPLETION - “We are going to run the Ford engine and unveil it at SEMA,” Force revealed. “We haven’t tested it yet but we know ahead of time that it is going to require testing. It is going to take some time to develop. We’re happy and so is Ford. The proof is in the pudding.”

“I don’t have a dragster yet, so we’re going to run it in the Funny Car.”
Force said the Ford engine will start off in the Funny Car in testing before evolving into the Top Fuel dragster teams planned for daughters Brittany and Courtney.

“I have to have something in the Funny Cars that represents Ford,” Force said.

This new engine is reportedly based on the TFX design prevalent in today’s nitro community. Current NHRA rules disallow the production of new block designs outside of those already manufactured by Brad Anderson and Alan Johnson’s TFX.

Force said he didn’t know what the differences were between the Ford engine once proposed by Pat Austin and the new Ford design.

“We know the Austin family and they are brilliant people,” Force said. “I don’t have any information on what their combination was. This is an NHRA spec motor and we have to follow within the rules. That’s what we are doing – abiding within the rules.”

Force said that he’s excited that Neff will make the initial runs with the new combination. He said the physical driving part in Richmond for Neff will be a formality.

Rick
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
evolving into the Top Fuel dragster teams planned for daughters Brittany and Courtney.

PERFECT ...NHRA can have two more "prettiest women" in drag racing. :roll: :roll:

I'm loosing respect for JF quickly, one daughter with min experience in a fuel funny now Two more in Top Fuel with zero expeience... Them are good drugs they got him on. :roll: :roll:
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:42 AM

Ford engine.....my azz. Damn TFX with FRPP numbers. I have recently found myself rooting against Team Force. Especially Ashley. Now there are Top Fuelers scheduled for the other two? What next? Oh yeah, that's right.....Erica Ortiz is rumored to be in a fueler next year too. Just what we need. Another no-driving dumbazz with zero experience. NHRA is coming into their own NASCAR phase. "Let's put these purdy faces in some fast cars so we can get that big ole' corporate money."

Horsesh!t. Larry Dixon is about the only driver who has worked his way up into the driver's seat. Not to mention....he can really drive.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 PM

[quote="ShadowMaster"]Ford engine.....my azz. Damn TFX with FRPP numbers.

I agree! And speaking of HS, what about the fiasco of T.S. and Troxel in the shootout? Sure smells to me, even tho Light explained it away, it still stinks of favoritism. Now dont misunderstand I have nothing for Tony but I sure dont for Troxel. With all the air time and publicity she gets(even when she loses they interview her and not the winner) it all adds up to me. :evil:

Bad Company Till the day I die!

Bob Carr
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Meanwhile screw all the Big Block grassroots racers, pullers, mudders, etc., etc. that have never driven anything but a Ford or have always loyally pulled there Ford racer to the track behind a Ford by throwing them little more than a bone once and a while in the form of an occasional part. :cry:

Thank God for the aftermarket!

Rant, Bret

Pullin For Christ
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:57 PM

The shootout yesterday? Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm tickled to death that they DQ'd Tony for not stopping at the scales. Green light....red light....no lights......who gives a damn? This is the problem with these pampered little whiny rich bastards. Here's the lowdown on heads up racing:

You win......you weigh. Simple. Even their crewchief summed it up plainly. "We should have weighed the car....period."

As far as what he said towards Melanie.......if I'm Tommy Johnson then I'm headed to the Army trailer to demand an apology.

SD Wheeler
ShadowLands Racing
2006/2008 Ultra Stang World Champion
Kicker Audio - Exile Turbo - Probe / Coast High Performance - Oakley - Street Car 1320 Clothing
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
if I'm Tommy Johnson then I'm headed to the Army trailer to demand an apology.
Tommy Jr played it cool and kept his little "wennie" *** in his own trailer. Tony S. would send him home with the same thing Ron Capps gave Whit "bitchmore" LMAO :roll:
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 PM

Next year it will be the " NHRA Powerade Menstrual nationals" :roll: :roll:
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM

WOW, I had no idea this was not the same engine previously banned. I figured Force was able to make NHRA let it in. Guess I'm not real excited about now.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM
WFO

If it was the engine Neff had in tonight, it blowed up the same way all the nitro motors do. It is now officially initiated.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to Devildog
This is hilarious...........

'71 Mustang Mach1 370 Truck Motor
'09 Shelby GT500
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to moparman
All I know is that when I go to the carnival, I always expect the games to be rigged.

Bumblebee tuna...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in