Christmas / College graduation present to myself!!! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Christmas / College graduation present to myself!!!

I have been planning on doing this for a while. I did NOT plan on doing it this soon but with Christmas coming up, graduating college...I figured now was as good as time as any. I spent a little more than I wanted (always do don't we) but if you know me, you know that this college graduation is pretty much the most Epic event in my life up to this point besides birth so I figured go all out..

50" Samsung Plasma HD Flat panel. (supporting equipment I already had)

I opted for the 720 Plasma for a few simple reasons.. I stared at 2 tv's side by side. One an LCD, one a Plasma. I like the darker picture of the plasma for my type of viewing. I don't play video games. Nintendo GEN 1 was the first and last game console I had. I simply do not need the 1080 LCD screen. I tend to keep my home / room darker so I couldn't justify the LCD really. I ended up coming out with a larger TV than planned for the same money. In the grand scheme of things I can't really justify spending what I did on this, however I didn't own a TV, I have never purchased a TV always just used hand me downs, and I am graduating. I really just wanted this before I had to be a real adult and buy a washer and dryer for my new apartment..

I realize there are some freakisly hardcore LCD fans out there. I am just not one of them. I can see where if you were a gamer and needed the higher resolution the 1080 LCD has to offer they are great TV's just not suited to me. Currently enjoying "Gone in 60 Seconds" on the TV now.

1990 GT, 347 / 76mm turbo setup OUT AND GONE!

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:00 PM

I want one too :? Good on ya :!:

God bless
Lonnie
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Very nice! But, I just don't understand how it makes any more horsepower & torque, or how it makes your truck any faster. 8)

Did you grad from Murray State?

Later,

Charlie Evans

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Always remember you owe it to your self. You'll be putting allot of things in front of what you want in the coming years with family, kids and job's. I've always had two job's one for the family and one for me. Congratulations on finishing school it's much tougher than it used to be. Enjoy your toy it's really COOL.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf63
I've always had two job's one for the family and one for me
GREAT philosophy!

And congrats on the sweet TV/graduation!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.evans
Very nice! But, I just don't understand how it makes any more horsepower & torque, or how it makes your truck any faster. 8)

Later,
Good lord willing and the creek don't rise I gradate Saturday the 15th.

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Congrats! Now all you gotta do to be ultra tasteful and refined is hide the TV somehow. Maybe a nice maple cabinet (should match the other stuff you have there pretty well). Washer and drier you can get on Craigslist used and that'll help justify the new TV.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

The stand the TV is on now is only temporary. Its actually my coffee table. I just did not want to buy a large new piece of furniture now and have to move it in January halfway across country. I have already accepted a job, that the only reason I went ahead and bought the TV now instead of waiting a while. After I move I will be training out of town for a few weeks anyway.. living out of a hotel / suitcase so I wont even need a washer dryer in my new apartment for a while..

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 01:50 AM

The only bad thing I have to say about plasma is they get images burned in the screen very easily. I believe most of them have a white screen setting you can use to check for it, check the owners manual. If it has the white screen, use it often. I'm not trying to bring you down or rag on your choice, just want to make sure you know. They do have really nice pictures.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...Type=D&vType=R

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...55&AT_ID=64876
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

congrats on graduating. I decided to go back for my Mech Eng. degree 5 years after getting my associates. I don't have kids yet, but a wife, 160 acre farm/ranch and working 40 plus hours a week at a power plant really leaves no time for much after I deal with school. Somehow I came up with the great idea of building a BBF amongst all this! It's tough. I tell all my nephews to get college over with right away. Don't do what I'm doing. I've been going back now for 2.5 years and still have about 3 years to go. It goes slow when you can only take 2 classes at a time. My first degree had 76 hours, of those 76, only 9 transferred to my engineering degree. I will have about 200 total when I'm done. That sucks to think about! The worst part is that I had to take crap like "art appreciation" and all those bs classes. ANyway, good luck in your career.

stephen

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.evans

Later,
Charlie, you have to watch the bash dvds on it for that to happen

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

I also purchased the extended warranty that is good for 4 years. So if it goes out any time during the first 4 years of owning it it gets replaced. After that I figure if it completely goes out only cost me $1.51 a day to own and watch a tv this size..I think it was worth it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in