Woman who took down Colorado church shooter - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Woman who took down Colorado church shooter

What a woman!

"I saw him coming through the doors" and took cover, Assam said. "I came out of cover and identified myself and engaged him and took him down."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...80/detail.html

Mark

71 Mach1 460/5speed
72 Maverick 429/C6
86 F350, Crew Cab, 6BT Cummins
53 M211
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw that on the news last night... Congrats to her and AMEN... It's a good thing she was there. Thanks be to God...

Doug... 8)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:56 AM

I keep wondering how many churches have armed guards?

I think I read that that was the church the pastor had some financial/legal issues going and that she was his body guard when mass was not in session.

Bad situation for sure. Really sad that one man lost both his daughters.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:58 AM

I wish the whole country was like that town in Florida I read about years ago. Everyone in the town was required to carry a firearm. They had the lowest crime rate in the country. I wish i could remember the name of the town now.
My dad and I are going to take a concealed carry course in the next week or two. I already carry in my truck but now I'll now legal.
I think she is a real hero and wish there were more like her around.
clint

1971 Ford F100, 460/c6
PS, PDB, Auto, 3.0 gear
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:09 AM
dfree383

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeal28078
I wish the whole country was like that town in Florida I read about years ago. Everyone in the town was required to carry a firearm. They had the lowest crime rate in the country. I wish i could remember the name of the town now.
My dad and I are going to take a concealed carry course in the next week or two. I already carry in my truck but now I'll now legal.
clint
I'll second that, Criminals tend to seek unarmed people, Wonder why? :lol:
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfree383
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeal28078
clint
I'll second that, Criminals tend to seek unarmed people, Wonder why? :lol:
+3; Just ask England and Australia... :? HMMMM, again. Wonder why??

Doug... 8)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

ask the anti-gun people to carry a sign on their car and one on their house that says

"OWNER DOES NOT CARRY A GUN"
or
"GUN FREE HOUSE"

and see how safe they feel?

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I think I read that that was the church the pastor had some financial/legal issues going and that she was his body guard when mass was not in session.
It was former pastor Ted Haggard's Church. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:09 PM

She was form Minneapolis and you know what the news up here was about her? Not that she was a hero no, no. but that she lost her job with Minneapolis police department for swearing at bus driver. I almost threw up! Guns are bad, people who us them swear at bus driver's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I think I just had a brain hemorrhage :?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf63
She was form Minneapolis and you know what the news up here was about her? Not that she was a hero no, no. but that she lost her job with Minneapolis police department for swearing at bus driver. I almost threw up! Guns are bad, people who us them swear at bus driver's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I think I just had a brain hemorrhage :?
Typical of the media."If we dont like something slant it the way we do".

God bless
Lonnie
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Just ask England and Australia...
In Australia, the culture of gun ownership is very different to the USA. I don't wish to enter the debate about gun ownership and use in the USA, that debate is for Americans to discuss. I will however point out that in Australia, as gun laws tightened in the period 1991-2001, death by firearm fell by 47%. Of the 333 deaths in 2001, 256 were by suicide and 47 deaths were by homocide. The death rate by firearm in Australia in 2001 was 0.24 per 100,000 of population. In Australia, the overwhelming opinion is that the number of deaths prevented by limiting availabillty as opposed to prevention of crime through self defense is worthwhile. There is very little debate about limiting gun ownership here.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenW
Quote:
In Australia, the culture of gun ownership is very different to the USA. I don't wish to enter the debate about gun ownership and use in the USA, that debate is for Americans to discuss. I will however point out that in Australia, as gun laws tightened in the period 1991-2001, death by firearm fell by 47%. Of the 333 deaths in 2001, 256 were by suicide and 47 deaths were by homocide. The death rate by firearm in Australia in 2001 was 0.24 per 100,000 of population. In Australia, the overwhelming opinion is that the number of deaths prevented by limiting availabillty as opposed to prevention of crime through self defense is worthwhile. There is very little debate about limiting gun ownership here.
For the record: I do not own a gun, but I am opposed to gun control in any way shape or form for the very same reasons the founders of this country enacted the second amendment.....I don't trust the Governement. Furthermore, I believe that people that want guns will get guns, and gun control laws only prevent law abiding citizens from obtaining them.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 AM

I feel like if a man or woman has it in their heart to hurt someone, not having a gun is not going to stop them. Now I know a crime of passion is more likely to happen when a firearm is handy but there are still fireplace pokers and kitchen knives.
If the government could guarantee me that no person will ever enter my house and hurt my family maybe I'd be willing to live with out a gun in the house. Until then I will have to take it upon myself to protect them the best way I know how.
CLint

1971 Ford F100, 460/c6
PS, PDB, Auto, 3.0 gear
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just an odd observation, but between being fired as a cop and shooting a scumbag dead, how much you want to bet she shows up in some nudie mag ( like Playboy) within the next year?

They love that stuff.

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenW
Quote:
Thats almost comical reading that, seems the anti gun crowd in down under claim there is no debate because hey look at the reduction in gun deaths (duh, umm there is a ban on firearms and you still have gun homicides get a clue it don't matter) and the rest of the country states very much there is a debate because other violent crime is UP over 400% including armed robbery, hot burglaries and RAPE so when your daughter is raped by a nut job who now knows he can get away with it because she isn't armed come back and tell us how well you think gun control is.
Only one segment of the crime statistics feel and you claim that gun bans are a success, which BTW is a lie in and of itself, yes gun deaths are down but total homicides are UP so ok they just went to a different method since the people that got murdered couldn't defend themself.
Then comes the other part of the equation and that being that in australia gun ownership was not a RIGHT, and only certian persons could even own one to begin with, so now you take it away from those people and yet even though there was restrictive gun laws to begin with and only a limited section of the population was disarmed it was still enough for crime rates to soar.

so the facts are gun ban only reduced by an insignificant number the amount of gun deaths but caused a rise in over all murders so now where is those lives that were saved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in