Anyone near Myrtle Beach?? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone near Myrtle Beach??

So I was moving to the Charleston S.C. Area after the first of the year to accept a new job. I still have the job but talking with my boss and HR today they would like me to live closer to / in Myrtle Beach area. They say most of my clients (current and new) will be in this area. There is some restructuring of some of the territories the representatives for my company cover. There are A LOT of new clients in the Myrtle Beach area and my boss would like me to take these instead of concentrating on most of my work in the Charleston area.

NOW..I have never been to Myrtle Beach. I have been to Charleston, done alot of research about moving there. Found an apartment I just needed to send a deposit to... etc. etc. etc. I will entertain the idea of living closer to Myrtle beach though so I am looking for some info. From what I have seen rent seems comparable but I would like to purchase a home within a few years ( as soon as reasonably possible) and house prices seem to be considerably higher here from what I have seen on the net. I still have the option of living in Charleston, it will just mean A LOT more windshield time for me driving back and forth a few days a week.

Any help is appreciated

Brad

1990 GT, 347 / 76mm turbo setup OUT AND GONE!

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 PM

I know this isn't to close but I'm in dalzell about 2 hours away.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i went there on vacation about 4 years ago. the beach was lame, the tap water sucked, i had 1200 dollars stolen out of my hotel room, had to leave my 1969 mercury monterey (tan with a black top, only 85k on it, 390 2 barrel) there because i didnt have the gas money to get it back- i barely had enough on plastic to get a bus ticket home... didnt even have anything for food on the way home... so that was my myrtle beach experience. there was a pretty good chinese place on the strip though that i was at while my money was being stolen, but it wasnt as good as the one in virginia beach... the beach there was a whole lot nicer too.

just another dual quad 545 :-)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Beach

I live in Summerton,S.C. and use to live a beach many years ago. 8) You make what you want there , but the area is GROWING big time. :shock: To buy a house you would need to be a couple of miles from beach or it will hurt on price. :cry: Lot of things going on. :P Also you could consider living inbetween Charleston and beach. Lot of good little areas there. You would be close to a nice drag strip in Greeleville,S.C. And there are a couple around Charleston.You didn't say what kind of business you are in. :?: :idea: Might could point you better if i knew. But Charleston is JUMPING big time. :P If you want to talk call me 803-528-8633. By the way I'm 60 , so I've been around awhile. Thanks Ted--Fastfrog-- With the LEMONATOR Fairmont
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 AM
BFT

Just stay west of the waterway, your wallet will thank you in the longrun.(All kind of taxes and insurance laws from the waterway to the ocean, EXPENSIVE) I work in Myrtle Beach and have lived within 40 miles my whole life(33 years) and from the way things are going this place ain't never gonna stop growing. Just food for thought.

God Bless
Randal
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Send a message via Yahoo to bbstickstang
yup about 90 miles from there and i would say ditto on what everybody else said. expensive and growing fast , housing is about as cheap as its going to get right now. looks like stuff is moving north to the border, i would imagine georgetown would be a nice area between the two.
ron

[email protected] New best, 1.31 60', 12-5-15 All Muscle and No Steroids!
69fb mustang ,509,Liberty Equalizer,5.29 ,31x10.5 w ,3309 w/driver.
I get to feel the torque of a BBF 4 times an 1/8 and 5 times a 1/4.
www.classicgearjammers.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in