Racingjunk.com question - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Racingjunk.com question

Stuff bought off ebay with paypal is supposed to have some amount of rip-off protection, is the same true if paypal is used on Racejunk?

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 06:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As far as I'm aware, it is Paypal themselves who offer the protection, who are owned by eBay anyway.
Check Paypal's website.

1970 Galaxie Sportsroof
1972 Falcon XA GT
2003 Falcon BA XR8 ute
1963 1/2 Galaxie Fastback
Check out my website here www.xr8ute.com
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Be careful with paypal's "protection", my advice is to link your paypal account to your credit card and not your bank account. I had a problem once and paypal told me that his paypal account was empty so they had no recourse until he tried to use his account again. After calling my credit card company I had a credit on my account within minutes and the collection issue became paypals problem.

Hope this helps.

Cliff Hall
Hall Bros Racing

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallbros
Be careful with paypal's "protection", my advice is to link your paypal account to your credit card and not your bank account. I had a problem once and paypal told me that his paypal account was empty so they had no recourse until he tried to use his account again. After calling my credit card company I had a credit on my account within minutes and the collection issue became paypals problem.

Hope this helps.
Don't they kinda have you by the nads though?
You need a checking acct to get verified or you get a limited amount of transactions.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallbros

Hope this helps.
Don't they kinda have you by the nads though?
You need a checking acct to get verified or you get a limited amount of transactions.

That's why my account stays limited, I will not give them my account number. :roll:

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 06:47 PM

you can always do what we do. we opened another checking account for online/paypal things. This has very limited money actually in it. Then when i use paypal i select other "payment options" and pay with credit card.

nothing is fool proof, but this has worked well for me.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 07:59 PM

Re: Racingjunk.com question

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.
Stuff bought off ebay with paypal is supposed to have some amount of rip-off protection, is the same true if paypal is used on Racejunk?
What did you get screwed on? I had a friend get shafted on a set of rims, that were on racing junk.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Re: Racingjunk.com question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
What did you get screwed on? I had a friend get shafted on a set of rims, that were on racing junk.
No problems yet, was just curious.

I bought some stuff off ebay even though there was similar parts (that were a better deal) on Racingjunk. Does Racingjunk have a feedback system like ebay does? I didn't really notice one.

Like cammer did I had already opened a separate bank account with limited funds in it just for card purchases on line because you never know what might happen.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 04:59 AM

Dave,
A lot of times on the junk, you can go by a sellers status in thier profile. If they are a gold member and have made a donation or payment for the items that they have previously sold, (shows average payment made) then usually I take them as an honest person. There is a forum section over on racingjunk that I was on one time and it used to have buyer feedback / seller feedback. Travis

Here it is:
But you have to be logged in to racingjunk under your account.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/index.p...eff8e436d4ec82
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

ived purchased some stuff thru racing junk---- no problems yet--
but just as travis said go to there forums and you will read about the con artist on there site---

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:03 AM

This is a good question and my experience including other friends problems lead me to this conclusion.
When ever a major purchase is made with paypal, use your charge for the transaction because the charge card rules and laws apply. If you dont receive the item the charge can be contested this makes Paypal responsible to get it resolved. When the money comes out of your checking Paypal is not motivated as laws dont protect your checking acount. Notice how Paypal wants you to not use the charge card.

If you sell on ebay never give feedback until the buyer gives feedback. This will protect your rating to the extent of iunknown issues.

If you buy on ebay and receive a bad item the seller will usually refund your money after the item is returned. If you give them bad feedback they are not motivated to help you at all.

Dave

69 Mustang ProStreet 580 E85
9.0 @ 148

70 Torino 521
[email protected]
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Be sure to read the forums on the RacingJunk site and look under the scammers section. There have actually been some "Gold" sellers that have had less than desirable transactions. I guess that they had made some small transactions and paid the membership fees and obtained their "Gold" rating before starting their scams. The suggestion on the forum also suggests looking at the sellers profile to verify phone numbers, street address, and not PO boxes.

About Paypal transaction, I used it once to buy a service that wasn't associated with Ebay. I was trying to find some relatives for my dad and signed up for an online search. It didn't work when I paid and the email for problems and help line wouldn't work, so I disputed the transaction with PayPal the same day and they put my money back into my account.

Bill Mitchell
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 04:33 PM

Many 'experts' say to never use a debit card or bank #'s online (or even over the phone IMO). Use a credit card. You have a lot more protection from credit card companies and God forbid your bank info get into the wrong hands.

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 PM

I wanted to throw this out there.

Last time I paid with my CC through Paypal, they drained the few dollars I had in the account, then went to the CC.

Make sure all your money is out of Paypal before using a CC. That way if something does go wrong, all of the payment can be refunded through your CC company.

Paypal answers to nobody. It's under their own discretion whether or not they will protect you.

I have heard of Paypal giving grief to people who went through the CC company to get their money back. Suspending accounts.. stuff like that.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammer
you can always do what we do. we opened another checking account for online/paypal things. This has very limited money actually in it. Then when i use paypal i select other "payment options" and pay with credit card.

nothing is fool proof, but this has worked well for me.
that is exactly what we did.

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in