BBF Seminar - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

BBF Seminar

Sitting here eating breakfast this morning and thinking how great the BBF Seminar was yesterday. I listened to each guest speaker, with amazement and at times mesmerized of the information they presented. Each and every guest speaker offered advice and information that was very informative, and covered a broad range of topics! When you can sit for 8 hours listening to different people speak of their respective expertise and not be bored or even notice the time, that's entertaining at the least, and educational! To say the least, I enjoyed the BBF Seminar very much. There was a good group of people, an excellent facility for such an event, and I hope it was convenient for all geographically.

One speaker who I really enjoyed because of his life story, was Rick Smith. I met Rick many years ago when Lem, Roger and myself were at Dayton,Ohio during a drag boat event. Rick was very young then and seemed a very down to earth guy like the rest of us. How little I knew, the genesis he was and is! I had heard of Rick's hardships over the years through the grapevine, but I never realized the extent until yesterday. Rick became a bit emotional during his presentation, understandably so. It furthered my opinion about a few people that I have come to find out in the last five years or so, that wasn't very nice people at all! I tried to talk to Rick afterward, but he was a popular guy around the room, and he seem to be enjoying his visit at the BBF Seminar, so I decide not to interfere just to say hello and thank you. Thanks Rick, and Charlie.

I would like to thank Charlie, Lem and all involved for providing a great opportunity for such an entertaining and educational environment. Thanks to all the guest speakers, for great presentations. Thank you Adney and Dave for the much needed coffee!

For you guys that wished you had attended, and for those who elected not to come, if this event happens next year, make plans to attend. It was great!

Thanks,
David Bradshaw

Masters Degree in Perverted Idiocy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you Dr. David Bradshaw! I appreciate your help with the lending of the A-429 CJ cylinder head and all the other support.

Now then,,,, a few of us are gathering down at the Executive Inn this morning for breakfast. Seeing as how you've had breakfast already, then just join us for coffee.

Later,

Charlie Evans
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

$

Thanks for the offer Charlie, I'm heading to the shop shortly to put some of that useful information I gathered yesterday to work. You guys and girls enjoy your morning coffee. Thanks again.

Dave.

Masters Degree in Perverted Idiocy.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 AM

I second everything Dave said. There was a lot of knowledge in the room yesterday. Everyone knows of Jon Kaase's knowledge but I didn't know anything about David Bamber and Rick Smith. Those guys were great and it was good to hear thier stories and what they have done over the years. Thanks to Charlie and everyone that helped put on the show. The thing that impresses me about this board and about the seminar yesterday is that no matter if you were Jon Kaase or Joe Blow, everyone is/was just a down to earth guy that loves the big block Ford. Thanks again Charlie.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

Wes and I headed for home yesterday evening after eating some dinner in the hotel restaurant. I feel that I can speak for him when I say that we had a great time and we were able to learn a great deal about not only Big Block Fords but also about race car chassis and the racing/performance business in general.

I very much appreciate the efforts of Lem, Charlie, Damon, the Performance Machine guys and everyone else who put forth so much effort so unselfishly it was a great event.

Thanks again for having us and I'm looking forward to the next big event.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic --Arthur C. Clarke

Dave McLain
McLain's Automotive
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:06 AM

I could not attend this year but I am still very grateful to all who make this event happen. Thanks for helping the BBF community grow stronger!

Dan
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 AM

Thanks

I just wanted to say I had a great time at the seminar.I was suprised at the turnout.Everybody that put this on deserves a big thank you.I know that it was a lot of work for Charlie and everyone involved,but they sure did a great job.Thanks again to everyone . Wes Littrell
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:29 AM

The semainar was great loads of info there. The dyno time was gerat even though Blake's engine had some issuses it was stilla huge learning time. Thanks to all that had a hand in making this all work.

Tom Williams
Big Block 36 Ford 1 ton truck 460 5spd
1929 Ford Model A
1972 Gran Torino Sport
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
2006 Ford Ranger
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...emod4fun36.jpg
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:35 AM

Ditto what Wes said. Seminar was a GREAT turnout. The Dyno session Friday at Performance Machine was a learning expierance also at Blake's expense. Thanks to Mike Phillips for having us over. Got to meet alot of people and talk about engines, heads and what worked and what didn't. Now I can put a face with some of the screen names. With the thanks to all the previous mentioned, lets also thank Phillip Oakley. I also wanted to thank Charlie again, his work on the head display was awesome and the organization of speakers for the event. I had never got to see such a display of heads in one place at one time.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 10:48 AM

The guys that I came down with and I headed home last night as well and I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that helped put on the seminar yesterday as well. It was great information and even better to get to meet some of the guys here on the board. I have watched the board for a couple years prior to posting a little the last few months so as several have said it was nice to put faces with the names. Thanks a bunch guys for making this happen, and to all that couldnt make it you missed a good time.

Kevin Meine
1969 Mustang Mach 1
[email protected]
NMRA O/C 9139
10th in points for 2005
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 01:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to powerstrokeace
Man

I wished that I could go. Do you think anybody will put this on a DVD or something?

Ace
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Guys,

Damon is taking care of the DVD. It will start with the dyno session on Friday and then continue right on into Saturdays Tech Seminar. IMO, you all need to buy this DVD.

I counted heads one time and I think we had about 100 people there. I would have liked to have had a little bigger turnout, but what we had was certainly okay. The room's seating capacity was 500, but we also had a couple of race cars there and a row of 10, eight foot long tables filled up with all kinds of cylinder heads, carbs, intake manifolds, and adapters. Both old stuff and new stuff was on display.

I want to thank everybody for helping out, in whatever shape form or fashion they helped. Getting all those parts loaded in and out of there was a huge job, and thanks to everybody for helping. Now then, several guys have first hand experience with "The Hemorrhiod Maker" :lol:, the cast iron EX 514 head :!:

A big thanks to Adney Brown and Dave Freelander for picking up the tab on the coffee and donuts :!:

Lem, Phillip, Jet Boat Bob and I, like to "give something back" to our community of BB Ford racers, and by hosting this event, this is just one way we could. I hope you all didn't mind coming to Owensboro, however I think those that attended realize that we can't go lugging all these parts and race cars to another city such as St. Louis, Atlanta, or Pittsburg. Heck, I had to rent a U-Haul, just to get it down to the hotel :!:

We want to thank y'all for attending :!:

Charlie Evans
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I had planned on attending but plans changed. What cars did you guys have on display?

I'm planning on being there next year.

John

87 Mustang, 514, glide, etc...
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 05:08 PM

I really wish I could have gone. I spoke with Randel Miller last night, he said it was very informative. I will be ordering one of those dvd's.

1990 GT, 347 / 76mm turbo setup OUT AND GONE!

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
dfree383

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Two Words, IT ROCKED !!!! Holmes Rules !!!* :lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in