WE SHOULD HAVE AN HONOR SYSTEM - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WE SHOULD HAVE AN HONOR SYSTEM

I just relized how many parts I've bought and sold on here to some great people. Even big dollar parts of over $2,500 and not one time have I had any issues. We have a great group of members and I was just thinking why not have some type of honor system where when we sell something, we can donate a portion to the site to help the owner (which to this day I dont know who the site owner is) with the expenses of running the site.

This should be on an honor system. You dont have to give anything but if you want to I think we should be able to give whaterver portion of the sale to the site.

What do you guys think? Give your 2 cents.

Thanks

Luis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 AM

Chilly, is the owner of the website.

93 528cu Lightning
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Forum Contributor

Does he have to pay for this site? I am thinking not, but you (jones) donate a lot of time to moderating and I personally appreciate what you do for us. Bend on Chillies ear and get us a P/R section for those of us BBF nuts that would like to discuss these topics with our cyber freinds here. I thought about posting a poll but I would rather not cause any hard feelings. I PMed Chilly and told him I would be glad to moderate it so you wouldn't have to.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty
Does he have to pay for this site? I am thinking not, but you (jones) donate a lot of time to moderating and I personally appreciate what you do for us. Bend on Chillies ear and get us a P/R section for those of us BBF nuts that would like to discuss these topics with our cyber freinds here. I thought about posting a poll but I would rather not cause any hard feelings. I PMed Chilly and told him I would be glad to moderate it so you wouldn't have to.
Yes, the forum does cost money every month. I have friends that run another website and it cost money when you don't have advertisments. As a matter afact they use the same type of forum setup. (I don't know the exact name, php boards.)
As for the P/R forum, is between you and Chilly, I would want nothing to do with it!

93 528cu Lightning
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Forum Contributor

Jones you do a great job and I appreciate it keep up the good work. I would love to contribute to the fund to keep the site going, and not have to worry about the obnoxious ads popping up.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM

me to...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 12:38 PM

I can tell you guys jones has his hands full, I moderate on another site and even though I am one of many moderators on that site I still give a lot of my time too doing it. So my point is Thanks Jones

And of coarse thanks Chilly.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

We all know everything cost money. So, with that said i think we should set up an honor system. This by far is the BEST site for the BB ford. We need to make it less of a strain on the people who keep it going.

In Miami Fla there are few BB fords running in any of the events we have down here and for the last 2 years i've been pushing the BB ford here and now we have 2 new 10.5 598's one nitrous one twin turbo in the heads up class and for the grudge racing scene there's 7. It used to be only 2 that i new. Plus my project 632 twin turbo that I'm trying to finish by the middle of next year.

I would like to thank those people involved in this site for continuing to supply the knowledge in helping me and the other members achieve our goals.

Luis
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
dfree383

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
We have an honor System........ If you Screw Up, We Send Big Jones or Bigger Chuck to take care of it !!! :lol:
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 04:49 PM

As was said it does cost $$$ to run a site. As for how much it depends on what all you are running and how many pages you have.

I just bought a few names and for the two years it was like 100 bucks. I know it will cost more to put everything up on my site. Not to mention all of the time it will take. I will let you know what my final "bill" is once I am done if you want to know.

Just to let you know. I am putting together a site with classic ford manuals on it. They will be the original service manuals in a PDF format with the name of the web site and "courtesy of Ford Motor Company" both in a watermark on each page.

Once I get it up and running I will post it here.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:22 PM

Dont want to speak out of turn but,on the old forum this was brought up.The best I remember Chilly wanted to take care of it himself to keep it fair.I mean he didnt want it were a "big giver" could through a fit,and He might be obliged to see it his way.Ofcorse memory isnt what it used to be.So Id be glad to donate!

God bless
Lonnie
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Some of the other sites I visit have a section where you can donate what ever you feel. The one Falcon site is free but you can donate $20 and they put your name on a list of "sponsors" for the year. Others you just donate to help keep the cause going and that is it. Of course if you don't want to you don't have to either. I think it is a great idea myself but if Mr. Chilly wants to bare the burden himself it is his website he can do whatever he wants.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:26 PM

460 board

I could talk to my wife her company might sponser the sight depending on the cost, then no one would half to spend any $$$$ to keep the site with no advertisments. Shes finally really getting into the drag racing.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I never should have found the internet! :lol: I think I am on it waaayyy to much when I could be studying or learning something more. :lol: I just like soaking in all this information so when that day comes that I have the money to spend I will have the hook-ups and knowledge.
Yes, I really appreciate Chilly for keeping the website going. Every race I go to and meet a racer running a BBF setup I mention the website. Same goes for anyone in the Ford racing world. I believe people are people and at times the "famous" people like to kick-up their heels and just relax and shoot the bull. I think we have a good group of people that are firm footed on the ground in the racing world. All interested in sharing truthful information and not getting "big headed" with new members.

93 528cu Lightning
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Same here. I'm always pushing this site in a place were the small blocks turbo domintate at the local races and the BB chevy have a presence. Very few BBfords here but its slowly changing. When my twin turbo 632 street car gets done i think I'll make more beleivers

My post in no way suggest we should have to pay. The site can stay just how it is. All I'm saying is that we should have a way to donate something just to help out. Maybe a $5 $10 an and $20 contribution. Not only will this help pay the site but the money can also be used to expand into other projects chilly may want to achieve for the site. I remember when racingjunk started, now its a racers household name.

Luis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in