Anyone watch Drag Race High? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone watch Drag Race High?

I have kinda started watching it and think it's a cool deal for the high school kids. Although I hate it for the kids having to work with the Monza! The monza never really had anything for them to work with. Where the school with the Mustang had a lot of things the kids could do. Mainly bolt-on type items but you can't expect major fab skills out of high school kids.
I guess they ran their race this past Nov.

93 528cu Lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM

I love the show

I like the show and being from TN its not really that far away. Would have been cool to have something to do like that when I was in school. They for some reason took the cars down to Florida and ran them I guess because it was so cold in November in BG. But that mustang turned out to be a beauty. Is that better?

1993 Mustang LX 466 CI with Kaase CJ heads. Just hoping to make a full pass. Best time 6.32 110 mph.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
Haven't seen it, but kids enjoy doing that stuff. With Auto classes being electives, they are more likely to want to learn than just show up for another credit. They aren't too bad if you can get a few really motivated ones to work with and have an instructor with patience and willing to take the time to get them over the learning curve and not just teach the books.

It's been my experience that sometimes its more fun to have them work on a car that you can't buy so many bolt on parts for... they get to learn the fab skills and see why certain things are done certain ways. With the internet skills they have, they have some extra help too.

Tom

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 AM

Watching HS Drags

I've been watching and love it. It's nice to see there are still kids out there interested in working on cars like this. And yes, the Mustang looks good. A lot of pride in that car.

Kerry Clark
1968 Coupe Mustang, 466, 2388 lbs.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:29 AM

Re: I love the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakid8
I like the show and being from TN its not really that far away. Would have been cool to have something to do like that when I was in school. Also I heard from the county website the mustang won. They for some reason took the cars down to Florida and ran them I guess because it was so cold in November in BG. But that mustang turned out to be a beauty.
Thanks for letting us all know who won,now we don't have to tune in anymore.

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Could you please fix your avatar? It's a little big! :lol:

93 528cu Lightning
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM

Great show, I DVR and watch it every week!

I totally DISAGREE with how the Monza is being built. The students aren't building the car, the NADC is building it for them! :?

Now the Mustang team have really impressed me! That eagle on the hood is freakin' SWEET!!!!! They have MANY parts that I'd like to have on my car like the complete front end 8)

Cobrakid8 and others: Please post a SPOILER warning before letting us know what happens in the future :idea:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM

I like it to. Good to see the next gereration learning about some real high performance.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ebsightpic.jpg
1970 Cougar Eliminator
512ci
10.42 ET 133mph
All [email protected]
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 PM

Sorry

I would love to have that paintjob on our car looks great. Also I wonder why in some shots during previews of the show the Monza is in flat black which is what the teacher said he wanted. And than in another race preview the car is yellow? Still trying to figure that one out. Also NADC is not making themselves look any better by taking so long to even get started on that car much less get it finished. Also why is the show only 30 minutes long it needs to be at least a hour.

1993 Mustang LX 466 CI with Kaase CJ heads. Just hoping to make a full pass. Best time 6.32 110 mph.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 03:34 PM

Well isn't NADC a school? they aren't getting anything out of building that chassis. The guy from Wyotech said that Michael (the kid that installed the rollcage in the Mustang) did a much better job that what NADC did on the entire Monza Chassis.

I too agree that it was total BS for that school to send the Monza out to have a full tube chassis installed by another "facility". Heck everytime the Mustang has went out for work ie: sandblasting and Paint. They let the Kids do it and just really told em how to do it and gave them tips along the way. I really would have liked to see the Monza team be a bit more involved in the build. I really am sorry for thost Kids.

JMO,

Wes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 01:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to MysteryMachine Send a message via MSN to MysteryMachine Send a message via Yahoo to MysteryMachine
I watched some of it the other night when they painted the eagle on the hood. Looked like a cool show. Never knew it was on before that

Jinx

94 Mustang GT

Trying to build a 514
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in