Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Texas Panhandle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is so true
Those who grew up in small towns will laugh when
they read this.
Those who didn't will be in disbelief and won't
understand how true
1) You can name everyone you graduated with.
2) You know what 4-H means.
3) You went to parties at a pasture, barn, gravel
pit, or in the
middle of a dirt road. On Monday you could always
tell who was at the
party because of the scratches on their legs from running
woods when the party was busted. (See #6.)
4) You used to'drag'Main .
5) You whispered the 'F' word and your parents knew
within the hour.
6) You scheduled parties around the schedules of
officers, because you knew which ones would bust you
and which ones
7) You could never buy cigarettes because all the
store clerks knew how
old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell
anyhow.) Besides, where would you get the money?
8) When you did find somebody old enough and brave
to buy cigarettes, you still had to go out into
the country and
drive on back roads to smoke them.
9) You knew which section of the ditch you would
find the beer your
buyer dropped off.
10) It was cool to date somebody from the
11) The whole school went to the same party after
12) You didn't give directions by street names but
references. Turn by Nelson's house, go 2 blocks
to Anderson 's, and
it's four houses left of the track field.
13) The golf course had only 9 holes.
14) You couldn't help but date a friend's
15) Your car stayed filthy because of the dirt
roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for
16) The town next to you was considered 'trashy'
or 'snooty,' but was actually just like your town.
17) You referred to anyone with a house newer then
1955 as the 'rich'
18) The people in the 'big city' dressed funny, and
you picked up the trend 2 years later.
19) Anyone you wanted could be found at the local
gas station or the
20) You saw at least one friend a week driving a
tractor through town
or one of your friends driving a grain truck to school
21) The gym teacher suggested you haul hay for the
summer to get
22) Directions were given using THE stop light as a
23) When you decided to walk somewhere for
exercise, 5 people would pull over and ask if you
wanted a ride.
24) Your teachers called you by your older siblings'
25) Your teachers remembered when they taught your
26) You could charge at any local store or write
checks without any ID.
27) There was no McDonalds.
28) The closest mall was over an hour away.
29) It was normal to see an old man riding through
town on a riding
30) You've pee'd in a cornfield.
31) Most people went by a nickname.
32) You laughed your butt off reading this because
you know it
I would not have wanted to have been raised any
don't last... Tough people do...
A friend sent this to me and it is so true