FedEx can kiss my backside - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

FedEx can kiss my backside

:flip: I have been using FedEx for years and the service has gradually been getting worse this really tops it off. I am currently disabled so I am home 24/7 unless I am gone to the doctor. I was home all week except Tuesday. This is just some lazy driver not wanting to make the attempt to deliver. Two days of no delivery and now today too. They know where I live. I even have an account with them. So no more FedEx for me. It was just convenient for me to use them since they would come to the house for pickups. Sorry for the rant but I ain't had my meds this mourning LOL:beatyoass: Anyone else want some ?LOL

Ship date Mar 18, 2008 Estimated delivery Mar 25, 2008
Destination CHERAW, SC Service type Home Delivery
Weight 10.1 lbs. Status Delivery exception
Date/Time Activity Location Details
Mar 22, 2008 6:18 PM Delivery exception FLORENCE, SC Future delivery requested
6:48 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery FLORENCE, SC
2:46 AM At local FedEx facility FLORENCE, SC

Mar 21, 2008 9:29 PM Delivery exception FLORENCE, SC Customer not available or business closed
7:52 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery FLORENCE, SC
5:30 AM At local FedEx facility FLORENCE, SC

Mar 20, 2008 8:05 PM Departed FedEx location CHARLOTTE, NC
3:13 PM Arrived at FedEx location CHARLOTTE, NC

Mar 19, 2008 10:16 AM Departed FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
4:49 AM Arrived at FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
12:44 AM Left origin ROUND ROCK, TX

Mar 18, 2008 7:40 PM Arrived at FedEx location ROUND ROCK, TX
6:05 PM Picked up ROUND ROCK, TX
12:18 PM In FedEx possession SUNSET VALLEY, TX Tendered at FedEx location

Mar 17, 2008 10:40 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx Austin, TX

Bill Bennett
Street Head Mafia Wanna Be
"Can't Never Could"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 AM

They "never" deliver ahead, tha past two times I used Fed-X my package set in DesMoines 32 miles (35 min drive) for 2-3 days. On the day the delivery was projected they delivered at 5:00 in the evening pretty much the last possible min they could. :roll:

I even called to see if I could entercept the package in DesMoines because I was in the area, and I was given a **** load of red-tape about it. So I had to wait the 2 days for it to be delivered at there promise date. :roll:

I don't know the point of that, even though I have had problems with UPS they seem to have a lot better delivery time from what I have experienced.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 AM

package was shipped by fedex to me

came home from work no package so I jump online and tracked it

said the package was delivered so back outside I went

Mind you I live in the country have a few vehicle laying around

so I search everywhere in cars under stuff spent about 20 mins looking no package

I went in and Called Fedex gave them the tracking number lady said it was delivered I said ok could you have the driver call me and tell me where he hid it
it was almost 6:30 PM when I made the call
30 mins later a car with some dude and his girlfriend showed up in my drive way in her car turns out to be the Fedex driver and he hands me my package idiot was to lazy to come out to the country so he simply marked the package as delivered he must have figured to deliver it later in the week I guess

I was not impressed

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

This story is getting better by the hour. Made one supervisor who barely spoke English cry and hang up on me and the second was threaten with me canceling my commercial account with them. Promised by noon which has come and gone. BTW did anyone know that FedEx does not do home deliveries on Mondays? Also was explained to me that residential and commercial packages go to different ship centers. HAHA Yeah right I ain't that stupid. I have been there. It's a 45 minute drive from my house to it, if I was able to drive.

Bill Bennett
"Can't Never Could"
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Shipping to a commercial/business address is always faster than a private address. If I need my part earlier I have it shipped to my buddies business/shop it will come sometimes a day earlier or at least in the morning instead of evening.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Package arrived 1:30 PM
FedEx differentiates between Commercial and residential UPS doesn't
The UPS guy delivered to my work and my house so I would always meet him when I knew I had a package coming to save him the trip out to the house. I have had my downs with both. This time was different and an obvious case of a lazy *** driver!!!!

Bill Bennett
"Can't Never Could"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ranger50 Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger50
Here's the dirty little secret about FedEx...

If you, the receiver of goods, lives out in "God's country", the driver does NOT have to directly deliver to you. They are given a window of delivery times to make the package appear on your doorstep. Now if it's the first day the driver has your package on his truck/route, he doesn't have to deliver it right away. He/she is going to wait until the last possible second to deliver it in hope of another package that has to goto the same area. FedEx drivers make money on packages delivered, not on mileage or actual time at work delivering. If your driver can go somewhere else and deliver 10 parcels vs the one of yours, in the same time frame, which one is he/she going to do????

This is why FedEx SUCKS if you live beyond 20 miles of a "major" city.....

Never trust an intelligent man with no money to play fair.

1995 Dodge Dakota... Just a LOW daily driver....
1997 F250 PSD -- It's broke, it is a Ford afterall.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:59 PM

Let's have some fun with him!

Fedex overnight letters are still what...$15?

Want to have some fun? Let's send overnight letters every day for a month...we can split the cost.

Inside each one, we'll place something stupid...like a piece of candy, a lolly pop, a cigarette, a packet of mustard, a nail clipper, another fedex overnight prepaid letter back to the sender... etc...and have an immediate use for it as soon as the driver arrives. Man holding hot dog answers door, gets mustard packet, applies mustard, takes a bite. Man answers door, asks driver to wait a second, opens letter, extracts stick of gum and prepaid fedex envelope...chews rapidly, spits gum into envelope, and hands to driver. Etc...etc...etc...

We can video the whole thing. It would be a youtube classic.

Tell me we couldn't have fun with this for $15 a throw. I dunno about you but if I drove all the way out to BFE to deliver a stick of gum only to have to take another damn letter with ABC gum in it back the idiot that sent it in the first place...I'd be pissed.

And every late package is a refund call.

www.RaceSystems.com
Home of Project Ludicrous Speed
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM

that is fine if the driver wants to wait to see if another package shows up

but don't lie and say it was delivered when it was not
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 PM

Fedex vs UPS

One thing that will ALWAYS differentiate Fedex for UPS is people.
UPS people have grown up in a service culture. I am sure there are exceptions...but this is the rule.
I know other racers that work at Fed.. and they are nice guys.
But.
They also recognize the UPS service culture.
As these companies get bigger..and bigger..it is tough to keep 100% perfect, but if there other UPSers on this site , I am sure you will agree that we TRY to take care of business to our best.
Fed.. is a good place to work...but keep in mind the UPS driver that remembers exactly where you want your racing parts.
PLUS...how many Top Fuel race teams does Fed... sponsor..?
Rock on Bob Vandergriff!
Ok..I am done.
Keith
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 PM

My old UPS driver would always ask me what I was doing when he was delivering a package from summit, jegs, etc.
Since I was always his last stop for the day sometimes he would stick around so he could checkout what I was working on at the time.
I think the new drivers name is flash, because that's about all you see when he makes a delivery then he's gone.
mike
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:29 AM
WFO

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Service isn't the FIRST priority for fed ex or ups anymore, cheap delivery is first priority now. If really you need some thing lost, just use DHL. If you ship around christmas time, you'll find out NEXT DAY air has up to 48 hrs before it's considered late!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

I am glad to see some post of this. I was afraid after posting it that some would think I was whinning. Far from that, I am tired of seeing people being complacent with too many things in life. All it took was 2 phone calls, some very direct persuasion, I got what I paid for. I feel for sure this has gotten some notice up the chain as so many people and locations were involved. I don't know if the driver will be repremanded, he would be if he was one of my drivers. I just think more people especially here in the states need to stand up, speak stong and loud. Stop being cowed down sheep following the dog that wags his tail. We don't have to accept it. Learn to say NO. Learn to say this is not what I WANTED.

Keith thanks for posting up. I know this board covers a large community and hoped that maybe someone within the companies would be a member here. My major complaint with UPS is having multiple packages coming from same shipper. My location puts me in the middle between 2 ship centers. One in Charlotte and one in Columbia. Sometimes a shipment gets split up and causes the driver to make 2 trips. It's frustrating to get a box and half the parts you need are in the other box and having to wait the next day to get the rest of it. Seems one of the bean counters would be on top of this to save cost and add to them extra high dollar bonuses the top exec gets.

Bill Bennett
"Can't Never Could"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in