Originally Posted by mustangracer2
Ran it for two weekends and sold it. I hated it.
Nahh. Not mad. Just curious....why did you hate it?
I love mine. I've had door cars, but i prefer the dragster.
1. Go fast for cheap. (cheap is a relative word here). I can run high 4.80's -low 4.90's for MUCH less than the same et in a door car. Someone might say they are boring to drive, but I don't see how you can be bored with 1.0x 60' times.
2. Lightweight. 1900 lbs w me means I can have a simple low maint, low buck engine. 557, stock block, cast crank, h-beams, flat tops
3. Easy to work on /maintain. I can remove the entire body in 5 minutes and everything is easy to get to. I can pull the trans by myself in less than 20 minutes.
4. Easy to prep between rounds. I race by myself. All between rounds and staging lane duties are up to me. It's just fuel it, check the tires and go. I've got buddies at the track and they will help if something breaks, but they are dealing with their own normal stuff.
5. The main reason. I work on call. I may or may not find myself off work on a Sat night. If I'm home, the local track is 15 minutes away and the program is bracket racing. I've got friends that runs fast heads up door cars. They have to travel every weekend. I can't do that due to my job. So, If I'm going to race it will have to be bracket racing. If I'm bracket racing, the dragster is the best tool for the job.