Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa, near Missery (Missouri)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep the thoughts coming! I think the 351C will be fine, especially with the stall converter, but I am soooo wanting to use my nice JE 1.25"ch pistons and one 351W block just seems to keep calling for me to make it a bigger small block. The car has a perfectly good 4.0L V8 and 5 speed auto, it just gets 18mpg and has only 285hp. I'd be fine with the 18mpg if I could also have some fun with it. It has a very tight converter (factory, but high stall converters, or any performance BMW parts are insanely expensive) and won't even chirp the tires on smooth city streets. It just sits in my yard and will rot beyond repair if I don't do something with it. I can't sell it because my dad signed the title to himself and then took the title to the bank for a farm loan. I'm still not very happy with him for that. All but one of our vehicles are now owned by the bank and the loans are long term ones that will probably never be paid off. I have a couple Infiniti Q45s that I drive regularly, so I don't have any use for another anemic, small V8, 4 door sedan. The plan was to sell the BMW to fund finishing my '69 mustang project, but that's shot now since the title to my '92 F150, '95 BMW, and '96 explorer are all tied up in one of my dad's farm loans. So I'm planning to move out soon after I finish my Spanish class (gotta get my degree and that one class is all that's holding it up right now) but since I have no way to get my mustang going anytime soon and I don't see the farm going in a good direction, I'm just wanting to get some sort of hot rod fixed up before I ship out. I sold my warmed up '89 camaro 2 summers ago for $3k so that I would have the money to do the mustang. Right after I sold it, dad needed to borrow $2600 of that and it looks like I'm not going to get that back either. So I've got half finished engines (including my fresh 514 that's probably just going to rust away in the garage) and some transmissions and stuff that I don't want to let completely go to waste because of my dad's actions. The BMW is the car that I might be able to afford doing the engine swap and it may end up not working out at all. It don't matter though, it's just going to rot away anyhow so I may as well try. That's my situation and my thinking. Keep the opinions/suggestions coming!
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.