pissed !!!!!!!!! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

pissed !!!!!!!!!

I'm so f***king mad right now ! I was just putting the c6 in the 85 and had the car on jack stands with one bolt in one side . I got out from under the car to start the bolts on the other side when I here BANG ! I looked under the car and the trans fell of the jack and broke the case This sucks because we are leaving for KY next week and I have to get the car done ! I'll have to do some calling around Monday and try and get one overnighted or something rrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! The new trans however will not be a C6 that is for sure !! There is NO room to even get the bolts started with a c6 in these cars ! Performance automatic and ATI transmissions is only 2 hours frome me so maybe I can find a C4 with brake from them or something . Well I'm going to have a few beers now !

2002 gt with a 545 ,
1985 notch 466 ,C4 6.24 1/8
1989 GT with 331 stroker

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/4098/11699/234637.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

sorry to hear, but I'm having the same type of day. I am not able to spend anytime on the truck right now because I have been building fence for the last month. I got about 1200 feet to go and as I drove the tractor down to the front pasture I ran over something and put a big hole in the back tire. I get it back to the shop and rig up some type of patch (with rtv!). I've done it before in a pinch and it will get me by for this weekend (I only need to drill 1 corner post and 6 line posts). If you have ever dealt with a big tractor tire you know it will take about 4-5 hours to fix it Well I had to let the rtv dry, so I started working on the yard. I don't trim around trees and fences and such, I just spray round-up. The weather man said that the only chance of rain is tomorrow afternoon, but it was a little overcast. I mixed up a big batch in my sprayer and got to work. I made about 10 minutes until something was clogged in the sprayer. I carfully removed all the poison and cleaned the tube, filter, etc (it looked like an old o-ring plugged it up). It took me about an hour to get it back working, but by now the sky was looking a little darker. Its very common for it to be dark as heck and never see a drop, so it went on. Plus I had about $30 worth of round-up mixed up and didn't want it to go bad, so I went ahead and spent over an hour spraying. As soon as I got back to the shop it started drizzling. The round-up needs about an hour to dry. It rained for about 5 minutes, just enough to wash off most of the round-up. It then quit and now I'm sure it won't rain until tomorrow. The worst part is that my rtv is now dry and I can go start building fence, but it is now 99% humidity and I'll be covered in sweat in about 5 minutes. So, this time I have packed my cooler with a 12 pack of keystone and I'm gonna give it hell (the fence and the keystone, but the fence may not be too straight when I'm done ops: )

So, basically I have spent all day and have got nothing accomplished and will have to spent well over $100 (fix tire, useless round-up, gas putting around, and beer) Oh well :cry:

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

**** i rather have a broken trans case then the [email protected]%&* water leak that ive got ........ trade ya !!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 05:34 PM

well guys it is the exact oppisite here for me, I am so happy I could cry.
For 18 months we chased problem after problem in my car with little to no result. In the last 6 race meets we did a total of 8 passes, including time trials. now the maintenance is where it should be , you know flush fuel system etc, also in this time of 18 months I lost some family, my dad, my sister, and my nephew. My dad was into anything with speed, he built speedway bikes that took 5 worldtitles, also built one to attempt a landspeed record, but he never gotto see my car or me and my younger brother race.
but today is my birthday, my kids are great, my wife loves the drags, car finally works, life is great.
monty python, always look on the bright side of life.

dragon 557
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Forum Contributor

Kinda corny, but I always know He has a reason for every setback that is handed to me. I smile and try to figure out what He is telling me or keeping me from. There is always a reason. Life is too short to get mad at the setbacks. Chin up and push on, praise the Good Lord, win or lose.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Lew, I live in south Jersey. Im a trans guy, maybe i can help. 609 805 4974. Dave
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM
s_stang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I put my trans on the engine then set it in.. When it's out it's easy to check torque converter to flywheel clearance..

Some just remove the K-member and install the engine from the bottom.. ( gonna need a lift for that tho)

Gosh Lew.. Sorry to hear about that trans.. :cry:

Laters!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
s_stang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty
Kinda corny, but I always know He has a reason for every setback that is handed to me. I smile and try to figure out what He is telling me or keeping me from. There is always a reason. Life is too short to get mad at the setbacks. Chin up and push on, praise the Good Lord, win or lose.
Awesome words! I agree!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 08:10 PM

times 3 schmitty

dragon 557
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty
It seems totally off topic, but I realized years ago that you can always find a little good (positive) in everything, some times it takes some hard thinking, but you can. I had to prove this to my self in 1987 when my wife was killed in a car accident and left me to raise two boys ages 5 and 2, if you stop and think, you can figure out a couple good things that came out of it.

Back to the topic, just be glad that your legs, arms or head wasn't under the trans. at the time it fell. Wish you luck on getting it going on time.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to psquare75
At least you all are DOING something

I just haven't had ambition to do anything to my car.. I do lots of reading, have parts in boxes all set to go.. but just cant get the drive to do anything with this stuff.
:?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in