Frank Shamrock fight - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Frank Shamrock fight

Man, I just got home from that. I'm pissed. My father fought in the Vietnam War, and to hear his opponent use he came from the gun fire really pissed me off. Sorry guys, I'm a little f$%#%$ up also. This is still America I hope. I am pissed off though also that Frank lost.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am proud of Frank for standing toe to toe with Lee, because Lee is the most awesome kicker that I have seen, I have watched him for several years. I thought when he left kick boxing he would be beat on the ground, but no one can get him on the ground. So kudos to Frank for a good fight.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:31 AM

So you don't like Cung Lee just because he had the misfortune of being born in 'Nam, where your father fought? I don't want this to start into a big illegal immigration debate, but I have no problem with a war refugee coming here so long as they are a generally good and upstanding citizen.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

OH, I'm sorry, he's a war refugee now. I guess we're going to have war refugees from Iran here also. We should all feel sorry for them also. NOT.

They decided to come to America. I have no problem with that, but DON'T ASK US TO FEEL SORRY FOR THEM. It is their choice to be here. Why should they say anything about their past, especially on television, about their "war refugee status"? I personally don't want to hear about it. Us "Americans" lost our loved ones also in that war, and in the current wars. I'm not in their country saying, "poor me, poor that". This is America, not Vietman. To me, personally, that's just [email protected]^^S^&T.

Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 AM

Ok, gotcha. I agree with that. No special pity or privilages, just a fair shot at making it on their own here. I'm with you. They always do that with fighters though. They try to play them up by picking some facet of truth from their past. Kinda like how the guy from here (Hoffman) was said to be a state champion wrestler in high school. That was complete BS. He did wrestle in high school and he was decent, but he was no state champ. It's just TV hype. If Cung is asking for pity, that's weak. But if it's TV hype then that's all it is. If he was talking about growing up facing adversity and all that junk, then I bet he was probably told to say all that stuff. Sort of as a way to get the audience more interested in the fighter and to pay attention more to him. I do feel sorry for many of the folks in Iran who have tough lives caused by things far outside their control. Whether anyone deserves or should command pity, I don't know. But I think those who want to give it should be able to as they please.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Alright. Peace. 8)

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in