This is not good. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is not good.

What the hell, I hope this doesn't start a trend.:shock:

http://thenewspaper.com/news/23/2302.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Look at the cars involved. All Imports. MOST of the true "auto enthusiaists" wouldnt be involved in any kind of event like took place that night. I dont think we have anything to worry about.

1990 GT, 347 / 76mm turbo setup OUT AND GONE!

New setup going in. Dove headed 545 with a plate kit to 400, progressive, Th400 etc. etc. etc.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM

California is one of the strictest states in the nation, as far as hi performance modifications arent they? Im glad I dont live down there, my old lincoln would have been impounded a long time ago.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe Devil
Look at the cars involved. All Imports. MOST of the true "auto enthusiaists" wouldnt be involved in any kind of event like took place that night. I dont think we have anything to worry about.
My small hometown has "street rods" that gather at the Taco Johns every Wednesday night during the entire summer. There is an occasional smoke show and plenty of guy's that have modified carís.

Personally I think that situation is totally sad, specially being the "California" is spose to pretty much the history of street rods from the early days.

You mean to tell me out of all them cops not "one" of them own a street rod or a modified street car of any kind. ?? Sure there is but there out there giving "hypocrite tickets" :roll: :roll:

" A - Head Groupie"
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to 4speed390
that has little to do with it. the point is that cops went above their boundaries again, and made up some bullsh*t just to get more money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe Devil

Mans got to know his limitations. - Clint
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM

North of the border in Ontario it's starting to become just as bad. The government and insurance companies work hand in hand to make life difficult. Using a couple killed by an alleged street racer as martyrs (the part about the killed driver being legally drunk was ignored) the government passed a street racing law; broad and wide ranging in what they can use to write you up and has the minimum of a $2000 fine and your vehicle impounded for a week with the bonus of most insurance companies dropping you on renewal. In less than a year over 3000 of these "Street Racing" citations have been issued (that's $6,000,000 in fines), the majority are people driving 50km over the posted limit. Street Racers? I would be shocked if 1% are true street racing, some real speeders and the rest are regular people driving too fast but now the cops are judge and jury. When the bill was being discussed they wanted to ban all performance modifications, it took some work to get it scaled back to something close to reasonable.
Oh yes, the bonus is that most insurance companies will drop you if they find out you modify your vehicle or not even take you on as a customer.

John
2 1/2 Tons of Nitrous Fun
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
And then cops think you are the asshole when you give them no respect.. :roll:

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM

The lawyer's will have a field day with this no evidence of racing just that you modified your car that isn't going to fly. There just betting no one will fight it. If they were smart they would go to the( American Civil Liberties Union). I don't like the bastards but there their you may as well use them.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM

The reason cops probably haven't yet begun to hassle redneck hot rodders is because there'd be a lot of cops getting shot. I wouldn't be surprised if that started happening in Cali. As for people's safety, harsh fines are just going to encourage kids to try even more risky methods to get away.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 AM

I understand Police have to do their job, nothing they can do to stop that. I would hope that the officers who are gearheads/hotrodders would not go overboard and bend rules to support this type of program or choose to take overtime to be a part of it.

I had a neighbor that is a police officer, everytime we fire up the race car ( weekends/mid day) he would make a point to call the Dept and send an officer to the house/property to stand in my driveway/garage while we had it running. Even though I wasn't breaking any noise/time ordinance if the police is called they have to send an officer. Because he was a shift officer he pushed the law a little further and had them stay to annoy us and give me the added hardship.Walk my garage and property how they seen fit.

One of the officers (gearhead) came one of the times and told me to write down the the details of when /what officers came, time, dates and the details of every visit. He said establish a pattern.

The next spring he bought a Harley (night shift) I made a formal noise ordinace complaint w/ two other neighbors and provided all my notes with the complaint. Long story short he was told either he had to provide an exhaust that was exceptable in a residential neighborhood or push it to work and back. He has a "sissy pipe" on his Harley sounds pathtic bitch bike..... one of those watch what you wish for.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 12:20 AM
s_stang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Sacramento Raceway...

The cops go watch the race then wait for the cars to exit the track.

I've never been there but one of the forums I've visited has some posts about it..

Anyboody race there?

Laters!
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 AM

That's another famous BS tatic used up here, the push on stopping "Street Racing" and yet when an event at a track is run they line up to write as many tickets as possible when the people leave. Makes you wonder what the value of doing the right thing is.

Not all cops are bad, I got pulled over two weeks ago for speeding (and I was), the speed limit changed but you don't hit the residential area for a while and I was well above the new limit. The cop was polite but said the residents had lodged complaints about excessive speed in the area so he was sent to crack down. He knocked it down to $50 with no points. I deserved it.

That was the nice one, I've more than my share that have no idea of the new law and how it's worded (I keep a laminated copy in the cab) and few even know the Transportation act. Those are the ones that infuriate me. Two excellent examples; a ghost car was passed by a young driver and caught up with him and then paced him and edged him on until he was well over the 50km above the posted limit and then could write him up for "Street Racing". The second, a cop with his wife was off duty and was passed by a speeding car, he called on his cell to get a cop car on him but he also followed at speeds over 160km with his wife in his personal car so he could ensure the "Street Racing" ticket could be issued. I didn't read where the cop was written up.

And my last beef (promise), how many cops do you know that have speeding tickets or DUI on their records?.........exactly.

John
2 1/2 Tons of Nitrous Fun
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77F150
And my last beef (promise), how many cops do you know that have speeding tickets or DUI on their records?.........exactly.
The perks of being a cop, you can break the law, and then have another cop break it again for you. :roll: :roll:

I couldn't be a cop I'm to honest, I couldn't stand being hypocritical

" A - Head Groupie"
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM

This is getting crazy. Who in their right mind would let them get away with such acts? I'm sorry, if crap like that spreads to other states we will soon be on our way to a revolt. That's not democracy, that boarders on communism!

Someone needs to do something about Ca. They are tainting the water supply, if you know what I mean.

93 528cu Lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in