Rules for Gunfighting.....
This is awesome....!!! Makes ya think a little too...
Rules For Gun Fighting
This is from a old navy friend, that is why the last rules listed.
Many truths here.
1. As John Steinbeck once said: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If
he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics will
get you killed.
3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The
reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and
asked him; "Why do you carry a .45?" The Ranger responded,
don't make a .46."
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady
on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are
you expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting
trouble, I would
have brought my rifle."
8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW
TO USE IT!!!
9. The primary purpose of a side arm is to protect you until
you can get
to a rifle or shotgun.
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the
house. I said
I did. She said "Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!" To which I
said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!" She then
asked, "Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?"
My reply was, "No not at all. I am not afraid of the house
either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are
all loaded too."
USMC Rules for Gunfighting
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your
friends who have guns.
2. The double tap rule: Anything worth shooting is worth
Ammo is cheap. Your life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast
enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and
diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a
long gun and a
friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber,
tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating,
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more
dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but he should have
to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the
one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. ("In God we trust. Everyone else,
keep your hands where I can see them.")
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill
everyone you meet.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong
commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and deescalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does
not start with a ".4"
Navy Rules to Gunfighting
1. Go to Sea
2. Deploy Naval Air
3. Send in the Marines
4. Drink Coffee
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'