Any Bowlers out there? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any Bowlers out there?

Had a good night bowling as a sub tonight. Started off a little slow with a 141, stepped it up a notch with a 268, LOL spare, open and then 10 strikes in a row, topped it off with a 200 even. :lol: I haven't bowled in league for several years, just sub for some freinds. First 600 series in years. All on a 165 average.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Hah!!! I haven't bowled in about 3 years and went bowling with some friends and bowled a 198 193 196 They told me I can't go with them anymore... Seems like they were the only ones that didn't think it was a good night of bowling... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have noticed that my score is directly proportional to the amount of beer I drink. Usually about 10-15 points for every beer. I'm pretty bad, I think I average about 125. Here a couple of years ago something happened and I somehow bowled a 198. I have never before or never since bowled above a 150. I got friends who take it very seriously and I only play to have fun, but beating them hilarious. They throw a fit and blame it on everything they can think of.

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM

I pretty much grew up in the bowling alley, bowled for years on leagues but got cheated (one year rolled a 298 in league and was promised a plaque for high game for that year but got nothing) and I just bowl once and a while now... Haven't had a ball in hand for several years now. I think they are in the closet somewhere :roll: Probably between some heads and a few cranks... :lol:

Randy
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Doug those are some nice scores. No wonder your friends won't play with you any more, you don't play nice with others, you big meany. :twisted: :lol:
Stephen I wish I could give tips and advice on the net, but it is a lot better to do in person. I could use the information I have learned and have been taught, to get anyone into the 150 pin average class bowler. And as far as the beer, that stuff is called aiming oil at our local bowling alley. There IS a direct proportion of beer to bowling that must be strictly adhered to and never go astray from the formula or the whole night of bowling will be totally ruined. When I was bowling on league we used the formula of 1 pitcher of beer per game. We tried some different variations and found out that they didn't work. When all was said and done that team won 4 league titles in a row. :lol: :lol:
:shock: Dang that was some shooting there Randy. 268 is my best, but I should have had a better first game and at least a 650 series. My best series that I ever bowled (non score wise) was a 610 that I bowled in a tournament. I had a 150 average. It was my very first 600 and I won the singles division in that tournament.

89 F150 mud drag truck
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 AM

At one point I was a 3 night a week bowler and hit some of the local regional tournaments.
Now with 3 kids I'm a one night a week bowler in a scratch league. I average 204 which I'm comfortable with since I only bowl 3 games a week.

I've shot 300 3 times and my high 3 game is 791 (280, 211, 300)

Best series this winter was 727, with a 279 game in it.
If your in the market for a new ball....look no further than the Hammer "Anger" It's mid priced too...so it won't break the bank.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty
And as far as the beer, that stuff is called aiming oil at our local bowling alley.
down here we call it straightening fluid :lol:

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM

I'm not a bowler (bowled once when I was 6yrs old and of course sucked) but I do like "The Big Lebowski" so that has to count for something.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Scott get your butt down to the lanes and bowl. Bowling and golf have the same stigma, you gotta be good to enjoy it. BS. I didn't start out with a natural talent for bowling, I developed my game with a good attitude and had a lot of fun with some friends. Just make it a point to go and bowl a game every year at least. I don't golf worth a crap but I still play a round or two every year. Besides I get to drink a beer or two with my buddies while doing it. :lol:

89 F150 mud drag truck
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 AM

A few of my friends are pretty big into bowling. They usually go 3 times a week and average in the mid-200's for scores. They've been talking about joining a league for a while.

My highest score was a 158. But that was a freak occurance...I'm lucky to break 100. I don't use a fancy ball...I'll just grab a house ball or use a friends ball if I'm lucky.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Must be nice to live in the big city. 2 hour drive to find a bowling alley here.

Bill Bennett
Street Head Mafia Wanna Be
"Can't Never Could"
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermiler
Must be nice to live in the big city. 2 hour drive to find a bowling alley here.
35 minutes for me and that alley is in pretty bad shape. I use the house balls also. Seems like the deeper the groove and scratches in the ball, the better I do ops:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in