Anyone know where to register in az for no emissions - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone know where to register in az for no emissions

Like the title says im tired of fighting the stock california emissions that are on my truck. I live in az and need to know where I can register that doesnt require emissions testing. anyone?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:39 AM

I lived in Az for 30 yrs . If you live anywhere with-in Maricopa county or Tucson Az your screwed. You need to live out side of those places...

Do you have to show a mail address or water bill or electric bill to prove where you live?... Dont know

Good luck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 AM

Out of maricopa county, pinal is exempt I think. But you need an address in the county you're registering the car in.

68 coupe, 557+glide...
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
84 Gt 'vert, 95 engine, AFR 165's, stock cam, performer with 600 holley
[email protected] in the AZ summer heat

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 AM

I still have my address in Lake havasu city if you need an address..

Only thing I see you having a probelm with is, when you get tags from a none emission county they are a different color.. Cops will notice this and keep an eye on you, see if your a visitor or a resident? May get you for that? Then again they may not give a crap?!?!?!

cheers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
You must live outside of Maricopa county or Tucson, as already mentioned. The problem with using someone elses address, is that all mail that would be related to the DMV will go to that address. Your insurance should show that address as well as your drivers license. Any photo radar tickets would be sent to that address, and it is a pain for the actual resident to get your mail to you in a timely fashion. You do get a different colored tag, and it is checked if you get pulled over, they always ask where you are going and if this is your current address. If you are ever in an accident, you will get to explain the reason you had false info on your license and insurance, and it is likely that your insurance company will drop you for falsifying info to get insurance, and not pay your claims. It is just a matter of time before statewide testing is required, as there are discussions about it now in the northern counties.

I had a so called friend that after being to my house 1 time, took the address from the directions given to him and used it to register his cars... without me knowing it. Not a good move on his part. I particularly did not like the part of the sherriff knocking on my door at 3 am looking for him after he fled the scene of an accident.

Having CA emmissions on your truck doesn't mean it won't pass in Az... you just have to have it all installed and in working order for the visual inspection. If you are missing the parts to make it complete, they can be found at most wrecking yards, there are many F series trucks to choose from.

My 2 cents.
Tom
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

re

ooooook well I am on a really low budget and both air pumps are frozen I am missing a charcoal canister and my carb isn't stock so there is a couple vaccume lines hanging out. Not to mention also the truck is running like total crap due to the vaccume lines not being hooked up right.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mudbogtom
Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86f250
ooooook well I am on a really low budget and both air pumps are frozen I am missing a charcoal canister and my carb isn't stock so there is a couple vaccume lines hanging out. Not to mention also the truck is running like total crap due to the vaccume lines not being hooked up right.
You planning on being in Mesa sometime this week... between 8am and 5 pm... give or take ... around Berge Ford? I just pulled a canister (from something D3AF...)out of the shed that you can hang and make the appearance of correct. If so, pm me your phone and we will make arrangements for you to get it. This is a freebie, should fit any budget.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in