Chilly, My .02 FWIW - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chilly, My .02 FWIW

Is it just me or is this forum going to hell real quick like? It seems like every post turns into a pissing contest or a trash talking section. It's gonna ruin this forum if it doesn't get stopped. Jones was trying to do a good job of it until people starting bashing him about his moderating. I can't really blame him for saying "screw this". Chilly, how about creating a special section just for the B.S. and keep it out of the stuff it doesn't pertain to. When I come here to read technical info or just to keep up w/ other members builds, I don't wanna see a guy get bashed or ganged up on by the "cheerleaders". I'm sure others here feel the same way..............Once again, just my .02 worth

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM

X2

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:07 AM

I agree 100%! I may have little to offer in most instances, being far less learned than the majority of posters here. I do however, try to give a respectful answer when the time arises. I also realize that to gain respect, you most also give respect. I have no problem with a person defending a buddy, or a good buisness. However, lately when someone asks a question, it's always, "Yeah, get this or get a better that...or maybe,"Well, go back to where you bought it from". While I believe that using any of the more knowledgeable vendors here is EXTREMELY wise, some still choose not to. Then, coming here for assistance AFTER having a problem, seems commonplace. All too often, the dollar dictates this, unfortunately. All things being said, if you choose NOT to buy from a vendor here, but then come seeking guidance, you may get a less than favorable response. But, by the same token, maybe we can let some of the replies be more civil, instead of making someone feel unwanted, or unintelligent. Just MY .02 worth.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Have a section like Yellowbullet.com called "Trash or be trashed". Anything's fair game there & it does keep alot of BS out of the tech sections.

Chris

VPRC 1998 Mustang
557 CJ :1.15 60', [email protected] mph @ 2600lbs
665 C&C Hemi : To Be Determined
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSportsman916
Have a section like Yellowbullet.com called "Trash or be trashed". Anything's fair game there & it does keep alot of BS out of the tech sections.
Good idea !

I too enjoy this forum mostly for tech info.

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM

I've gained more insight in the short time I've been here than I have gotten on any other site, for sure. I'd hate to see it go down the drain for whatever reasons, the knowledge of the members of this forum have pretty much saved my *** already. I'm all for whatever it takes.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM

My .02

Why have a trash or be trashed section?? This isn't a big enough site to be able to have a section like that and not expect it to spill over into the other forums.

I think the website is doing fine! I have read on another website where a forum member said that we where being anal.

Everyone has bad days, Heck they could have asked a question and caught randy in a bad mood! :lol:

93 528cu Lightning
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 PM

I thought Chilly's was the place for trash talking? I thought most of the other sections were for your info? I'd thought about running a 460ford.com sticker on my car, but if I'm one of the people you guys are referring to ,I defiantly don't want my car to be associated with you guys

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Big Hurt -
Some understanding is needed from both sides of the fence.

To often when people come on here after buying anything somewhere else it is NOT just to ask a question or rectify his unfortunate situation but, instead to complain about how bad he got it and now hopes for someone here to HELP him because now he has no money left and whatever company just won't DO anything more for him.

Well, simple rectifications and questions about how to move forward are certainly NO PROBLEM at all HOWEVER, crying "foul" and expecting the vendors on here to feel that person's pain just isn't gonna happen.

Personally, I try to answer the question asked, (when there is ACTUALLY a question which has a straightforward answer),
A lot of times someone will ask a question - then argue with the answer - not liking the answer is no reason to start an arguement, simply wait for more answers.

I agree that some kind of etiquet is needed and maybe another venue simply for people to vent about 385 Ford happenings.

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56tbird
I thought Chilly's was the place for trash talking? I thought most of the other sections were for your info? I'd thought about running a 460ford.com sticker on my car, but if I'm one of the people you guys are referring to ,I defiantly don't want my car to be associated with you guys

x2

and i have the sticker already !!!!

i feel i leave the trash talking to chillys garage ----
i also feel i give a lot of info this site so other people can learn by my mistakes !!!!

oh and buy the way its not trash talking if its TRUE !!!

]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56tbird
I think the Smack talk is fine and great! I actually feel like it's a good thing!

93 528cu Lightning
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Forum Contributor

X2 I'm with Jones on the smack talk. Dan, Bruno, D,and the others you guys keep me rolling on the floor with your smack talking each other. :lol: Let's not get too hard on the guys here, every once in a while the air needs cleaned and the cobwebs swept. Randy M put it well too, if there is a straightforward answer, you will get it, and don't start pissin about the answer you got. We have the best of the best when it comes to guys willing to offer (FOR FREE) the most competent, and knowlegable advice you are ever going to find. Randy B has moments like all of us do, his answers get bashed for being snotty or arrogant once in a while, but he tells the truth from experience, and his posts can be misread by the uninitiated. Yes there are some cheerleaders here for a few individuals, but they have earned the respect of many by doing honest business and giving solid advice. They earned their "cheer squad" this way. If you have a dissenting arguement with what they put up, offer better advice, if you can. 8) I would never in my lifetime have achieved what I have for a motor and combo now without the help of the guys here, and I thank every one of you. All you smack talkers keep me laughing please. :lol:

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:55 PM

Well Rick , I guess nobody will be associating with you or me now at the Bash.... :cry: We're the bad guys now. You made a statement & a suggestion & I made a suggestion. Oh well, I guess we will be in the "outcast" section" at the Bash... :lol:

Chris

VPRC 1998 Mustang
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Huh?

I really haven't noticed too much smack talk here. At least not like I see on other sites where you can get eaten alive and left for bones in the blink of an eye.

This place is calm IMO.

'83 Mustang GT - 552/C6 - 10.12 @ 136
'73 "F100" - EFI460/E4OD
Drag Week 2011 - 77th in Daily Driver
Drag Week 2012 - Street Race BB N/A runner-up
Drag Week 2014 - *kapooya*
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockRanger
Huh?

I really haven't noticed too much smack talk here. At least not like I see on other sites where you can get eaten alive and left for bones in the blink of an eye.

This place is calm IMO.
That is true.. I was just trying to be sarcastic .. :lol:

Chris

VPRC 1998 Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in