Forum Members at Norwalk - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Forum Members at Norwalk

Had a great time at Norwalk past weekend, lots of very FF's and good weather for the most part. Me and Mark Miller and his friend hungout in my trailer for awhile Sunday morning during the short rain delay. Dagwood was pitted 3 spots away from me. Dagwood has a very nice Foxbody w/608 BB. His buddy w/him won best engineered car award with his Mustang.7.5 Litre was there w/his BBFox body running w/me in QF (foot brake) class. He was still in it when I left Sunday. FordFanatic was there with his Mustang ll . He cracked a cylinder wall and had to call it a weekend early on Friday,now he does'nt have any excuses not to build a BBF for that thing. I went out on Saturday 2nd round w/-001 red and again Sunday 2nd round -002 red. Guess I need to race more. Only 2nd time out this year. All of these guys that I mentioned were SUPER NICE guys that were very nice to talk too that I enjoyed very much. Dagwood and I were talking and maybe we can't bring our cars to the Bash but maybe we can just drive to Windy Hollow and meet alot of the other members and watch some good racing. Later Rick

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You've been here before,,,it's not like you don't know they way,,,just load that thing up and come on and GO RACING :!: You'll have the opportunity to get more passes in on Friday, than you did the entire weekend at Norwalk :twisted:

Charlie Evans
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 06:14 AM

Rick, it was great meeting you and Dagwood! I also got to see Mark for the 5th or 6th year in a row. I made it down to 14 cars before I was caught sleeping at the tree. Even with the weather this was one of the best times I've had there. Hopefully you can make it to the Bash, I'm sure it will be a great time. Lee

'85 GT 7.5L daily driver w/466 ci
1/4 ET:[email protected] N/A, [email protected] w/ a little N2O

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.evans
You've been here before,,,it's not like you don't know they way,,,just load that thing up and come on and GO RACING :!: You'll have the opportunity to get more passes in on Friday, than you did the entire weekend at Norwalk :twisted:
Charlie, I can't get off work enough days to bring the car unfortunately,but my wife and I will try to drive down. And Charlie thanks for taking the time to answer even the most simple :?: when we call you,it means the world. Thanks again, Rick

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 08:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DAGWOOD41
Norwalk

Rick and Lee it was good meeting you guys. Even with the car broke I had a great time. As far as the Bash goes it looks like its not going to happen this year. Going to take all the time and funds I have and then some to get the car back together in time for the Northern Nationals at Martin August 1. I was looking forward to going to KY, maybe next time.

Rick
84 Mustang 572 w/glide
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 PM

We had a great time, even after my little alcoholic cleveland broke the #5 cylinder in round one on friday. ops: I got to meet Rick, spend some quality time with my family at the track and do some racing too. I ended up racing my brother's BBF Fox body on sat and sun. Went out second round both days.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

FORD FANATIC I was there sat. kept my eye out for your car. then I talked to my buddy today and found out you were pitted a couple cars down from his maroon 82 GT. wish I would have met some of the other members.

wayne
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 AM

Rick and Lee nice talking to both of you again.Rick thanks again for the shelter from the rain Saturday afternoon.I think your wife was trying to sleep when you mentioned the Rottweiler and your Jack Russell went crazy.Did it rain anymore after i left Saturday night it looked pretty nice when i left.I'll have my Mustang there one of these years hopefully.I also liked watching True Street run but they can have those Jet Powered Funny Cars.

Later Mark.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Rick,

I forgot to ask about how you have your master cylinder mounted.I also forgot to ask are you still using the stock steering box or a rack.On my cousins 74 Comet we had a 460 sitting in there and i remember the master cylinder and steering box being real close in it.

Later Mark.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:52 AM

Wayne,

I saw your sticker on the 82 GT and talked to those guys on sunday. They are really pleased with your work. The T-Bird that my brother bought from you is making some progress. We are hoping to have it done for next year. Really nice craftsmanship all around.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Rick,

I forgot to ask about how you have your master cylinder mounted.I also forgot to ask are you still using the stock steering box or a rack.On my cousins 74 Comet we had a 460 sitting in there and i remember the master cylinder and steering box being real close in it.

Later Mark.
Mark, I still have all factory stock suspention, other than trimming back shock towers 2.5" at bottom and notching frame and moving steering box back for #8 header tube clearance. All I did to the master cylinder was used one from 80's aerostar and turned it sideways for Tall valve cover clearance. The ole car is really simple/easy to work on,you just have to know the combo. Later Rick

Rick Brown

Pro Motion Machining
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:18 PM

Rick,

Thanks for the info if my cousin thinks about putting a 460 back in there we'll know what to do.He had a 351 Cleveland in it now he's got a 302 in it with a blow thru carb and Vortech Supercharger.

Later Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in