Why don't women get it? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why don't women get it?

I figure I'm either the biggest ***** on Earth or women just don't get it. I mean honestly, what's so hard to understand about "It was here before you and it'll be here after you"? Personally I work full time and go to school full time. This leaves me with precious little free time, yet it seems any time I decide to spend my free time either working on my car, or drinking with my buddies, or some combination there of... I get reamed out by the woman.

Heaven forbid after a 16 hour day between work and school I want to spend two hours working on my car before sleep, and don't have time to "cuddle". Oh my goodness, I really get it when I spend a whole Saturday with my car, or even worse, riding my dirt bike. Then I'm really in deep trouble. Maybe I need a new woman? Oh how I envy those of you with girlfriends/wives who take an interest in things with engines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 PM

Do you own, or just renting?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 AM

I had to have it out with mine again over the"racing", she knew what she was gettin into before we signed on the dotted line..............

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:07 AM

mine has no interest in cars or trucks and doesn't like it when I spend time on them but deals with it as I do spend time with her
you sound like you just don't have time for a woman in your life

you have a 16 hour day of work/school

leave 8 hours in a day and you sleep some of this as well

1. you prefer to drink with your buddys
2. work on car
3 ride the dirt bike

doesn't leave much time for her

like anything else if you don't give her any attention she will go away and find it elsewhere

you have a decision to make either spend more time with her and a little less on the stuff you want to do or break it off with her so she can find a guy willing and able to give her the attention she needs

it is all about prioritys

something nice about having a female companion in your life that
the car, drinking buddys or playing on the bike can't give you
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM

I must be pretty lucky then. My wife is out in the shop helping me whenever I work on my Bronco. Before I met her she didn't even know what NHRA was and now she doesn't miss a race. She calls me at work and let's me know what's going on if I have to work a Sunday and can't watch the race with her. I took her to Route 66 and she had to get John and Ashley Force's autograph before we could leave. Now we have a 13 month old daughter and she's out in the shop with us too. I'm a very lucky man that's for sure.. One more thing, she's an awesome cook too.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:43 AM

I met my wife at the track, she has her own car that she races (2003 supercharged Mach1) so she totally understands the time and money thing..

however....

its not always a blessing. my wife knows the cool ****, the expensive parts.....and she wants them too, just like I do. so careful what you ask for

oh yeah, my first wife hated cars so I divorced her!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Women...wiring by Lucas! :mrgreen:

Mike

IN: Staring adversity in the face while working on your car and coming out on top

OUT: Finally realizing that every $%&# thing you touch on your car turns to adversity
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM

Re: Why don't women get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle
Maybe I need a new woman?

Edit :

Relationships are a "give and Take" if you care about her, you will make some changes to find a balance that works for you both.

Thoughtful advice - Someone of the best things in life are the ones you take for granted. It isn't until their missing that your understand their real value.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Simple solution here...Involve her in all the stuff you like to do. If she shows no interest then you're not compatible, cut her loose cause it's all down hill from there. If you'd rather not include her in things then it's your problem, not hers. Cut her loose before she wastes the rest of her life being unhappy. It's not a matter of finding a NEW woman...it's do you need A woman.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I love my wife -- she is very very supportive in my hobby !!! i would never trade her for the world .... just like nitro said ---- dont waste both of your time s being unhappy move on --you only live once !!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homespun91
Women...wiring by Lucas! :mrgreen:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Relationships are give and take. If one party does all the giving and the other all the taking, it ain't gonna work.

'83 Mustang GT - 552/C6 - 10.12 @ 136
'73 "F100" - EFI460/E4OD
Drag Week 2011 - 77th in Daily Driver
Drag Week 2012 - Street Race BB N/A runner-up
Drag Week 2014 - *kapooya*
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 AM

If you love this woman and she you, it could be worth the investment. I have been down the road you are on and almost never is it completely smooth. If you are doing stuff that she sees as "your" stuff and not hers... trouble. Just do stuff that takes a few minites here and there to do, stuff like empty the dishwasher, make the bed..etc. Then go riding. No woman wants to be a cooking and cleaning maid while somebody is out doing "other" things. Just start with some small tasks to show her you care about her world. She will notice. Best of luck !! Tres...

533 powered 1961 falcon , my car. Hot Rods and Tuners ....
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:40 PM

sounds like you are doing all the taking and she is doing all the giving... sounds like your a little selfish, if you haven't got any room to give for her you don't need a woman in your life...she isn't your slave.

JMHO
Randy
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 PM

Then again, maybe you are a *****! :twisted:

My last one didn't like it much, but she would go to races with me. The new one wants her own racecar! Night and day difference. I went thru several girlfriends while in school - you really don't have enough time working full time and school. I think you should make more time for her but I might be getting soft in my old age...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Forum Contributor

Everyone has different life styles, you have to live yours the way you see best and reap the results.
When I work an eight hour day I come home and go straight to the garage for two hours, (after saying hello to my family) after the two hours the rest of the night belongs to my wife and little girl, on weekends I spend no more than 6-8 hours in the garage each day and the rest of the weekend with my family. If I work more than eight hours or work on the weekend the garage stays closed. This has worked great for me, and my wife has no interest in racing or engines. You would be surprised how much you can get done on this schedule when you know that you have to stay busy the whole time your in the garage.

Well that's my .02.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in