Auto Lift Question/Problems - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Auto Lift Question/Problems

I bought an autolift from America's Pride out of Mass. Most of it is made in China. Well I have had alot of issues with it. All I get is email service no ph contact but they have sent me replacement parts.
I cant get both rams to go up at the same time so the car wants to lean. I have control valves to control flow to each side but it makes a little diff. but not much.
I have bled the system till I am blue in the face and there is an equalizatin valve that is supposed to equalize the system but that doesnt seem to do anything. They sent me another equalization valave but it hasnt made any difference.
If anyone has any experience or opinions chime in. Thanks Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:27 PM

sounds as if the cables aren't adjusted correctly

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:00 PM

should be cables that keep the arms level I have a 2 post lift

what brand of lift is it

pictures of the lift would prolly help as well

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

This lift doesnt have cables its a dual cylinder. There is an equalizer tube that goes up over the top and supplies hydraulic fluid to the other cylinder.
There are flow valves that control the amount fluid going to and from the cylinders. The ram farthest away from the controller is always slow going up. There is an equalizer valve and its supposed to equalize the pressure but it doesnt seem to work and they sent me another one? I am kind of lost maybe I should have them send me another valve.

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Is there a hyd diagram printed somewhere than you can post. ?

On their website it shows a 220 single phase moter. Make sure it is the right rotation phase for the pump.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 PM

Tore a stupid question but is the floor level ?. Mine is cable driven and i had to make a small adjustment. What i mean is when i lifted the lift i could hear the lock's click in but wern't together, corected that with a small adjustment to one side. With a hydrolic lift' make sure everything is plum. and make sure resivor is full should be ok. Bobby Z.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

(BlasterTech 70) appearently you looked at the website. There is no Diagram the motor is 220 single phase and I have switched the wires around and it made no difference. Its a very simple setup and there are 2 flow valves that control the fluid to the rams. I have switched those around no difference. Also an pressure equalization valve which I replaced and I still think is the culprit. The lift is called AM-Pro universal lift.
I cant get ph conversation only email and they do answer and they have sent parts. 1 ram, 2 velocity fuses, 1 manifold block, 1 complete power unit and resivoir. 10 gallons of fluid.I will say they have tried to help and the guy I am dealing with has apologized for what I am going thru.

I am having dreams at night about this thing and there not erotic.
Bobby the lift is plum they sent shims and I plummed it square. The place I got this thing from is from up Mass.
Anymore ideas toss them at me.

Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
have switched the wires around and it made no difference
On a single phase motor make sure you swith the internal wires not the line (feed) wires. Typically on a dual voltage motor it is 5 & 8

If it were me I would add a pressue gauge on each cylinder to help me trouble shoot the system. Help you know what your up against in pressures.

" A - Head Groupie"
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 AM

You could have a bad cylinder. If the rings are bypassing fluid in one of the cylinders then you would have a tilted lift. Does it always move slow on the same side? Use the pressure gage first to see if the cylinders are receiving equal pressure then go from there.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

They sent me another cylinder and I swapped it out no difference. But the gauge is a good idea. How much pressure should I be looking at to buy thee right gauge? Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tore
This lift doesnt have cables its a dual cylinder. There is an equalizer tube that goes up over the top and supplies hydraulic fluid to the other cylinder.
There are flow valves that control the amount fluid going to and from the cylinders. The ram farthest away from the controller is always slow going up. There is an equalizer valve and its supposed to equalize the pressure but it doesnt seem to work and they sent me another one? I am kind of lost maybe I should have them send me another valve.
Are you sure it doesn't have equalizing cables? I've never heard of one that didn't. I visited their website and it appears to me they have the equalizing cables and pulleys.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

No mine doesnt have cables its got a hyd equalization system which isnt functioning. Look at their site mine is the AM-Pro Universal lift.

Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM

Hmm interesting mine is a dual cyl setup as well but does have the cable to keep the arms level

it also has safety latches incase of hydrualic failure

I am guessing this is your lift

http://carliftswarehouse.com/universal-lift.shtml

is there any type of safety latches on this incase the hydrualics fail?

looks like you need to restrict the ram that is closest to the pump as the line going up and over is going to slow down the flow of the hydrualic oil
get a gate valve on the pump side ram that you can adjust the flow to it to equal out the rams

man going up and down would be tricky you get a car heavy on one side

it is going to slow the heavy side down anywhere in between all the way down or all the way up I can't see this lift really working all that well as there is nothing preventing one ram pushing fluid into the other ram when the lift is in the middle of the stroke
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Thats the lift. There are 2 valves that control the flow of oil to the rams to compensate for the speed. There is a fuse at the bottom of each ram in case a line drops pressure it will keep it from looseing pressure all the way.

Like I stated the valve closest to the controller is only open 1/3 of a turn thats the min to keep the system flowing. and the the other ram is open like 3 full turns full bore. I have switched the valves around also to see if its a defective valve.
I am going to Home Depot and get some plumbing fittings and plumb in some pressure gages and see what transpires. The guy thats the service guy usually checks his emails on Sat and Sun but hasnt gotten back to me today. Hes probably as tired of the situation as I am. I cant work on the lift for a couple of days cause now I have to put a tranny in my son-laws drag car. Thats ok I have brain fry anyways.

Keep the help coming and Thank you Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

INFOFORD
If you look at a picture of the controller you will see a manifold block and some valving I really dont think it can push fluid from one ram to another. Tore

70 Cobra
71 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in