How can I get anything done - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

How can I get anything done

...with this guy running around? He's my 12 weeks old lab CJ. I finally got some time to work on the truck, so I went out to the donor truck to pull the trans floor board plate thing and CJ followed me. I was in the truck and he could not figure out how to get in, so he saw me through the hole in the floor board and just kept barking, trying to get in. He climbed up and tried to squeeze through the hole, but could only get his head through. He was going nuts and it took him about 5 minutes to figure out that if he would get out from under the truck he could climb through the open door. Cell phone cameras are neat.

I get back to the shop and as I am trying to position the tranny and cross member he is crawling all over me. I was going to tie him up, but just look at that face

I did end up getting the trans bolted up with just s little cutting and grinding. It will actuall sit a 3/4"-1" lower than in the picture. Its a ZF5 to replace my old c6. I'm not sure how I will get carpet in the thing? If you see in the last pic there is a plated that will cover up the hole and if I order carpet for a 1979 model it will not allow for this raised area. Any ideas?

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Love the name "CJ" ----- :lol: hey let me know if you need some new speakers :lol: :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The dad labs name was 'chipper', so this is 'Chipper Jr.' aka CJ

As for the speakers, I only got about 1 million hours of restoration left to go before I worry about a sound system :? :shock:

I can only deam of the day when I am picking out stereo equiptment 8) It will be a decent unit with 5-1/4" 3-ways in the door, 2 tweeters mounted somewhere and 2 10" woofers behind the seat. And of course an amp.... then comes the curb feelers, hydraulics, neon lights on the frame, spinners, and of course a little pine tree air freshner hangin' from the rear view mirror :lol:

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Northwest outlaw

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
NO NO got to hat the Fuzzy DICE. Your not cool if you dont have the fuzzy DICE cool dog. Is that what you do bruno sound system?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WHAT, no gun rack in the back window. And you call yourself a God fearing, gun toting redneck. Your name will get pulled from the redneck registry if you don't correct this injustice immediately. :lol: :lol: 8) That tranny looks like one heck of a shoehorn project. Good luck and best wishes getting it going. Proud as a peacock when mine fired up and ran like it did.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in