Being from Toledo, Joe the plumber's town - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Being from Toledo, Joe the plumber's town

I find this to be typical of this area :roll:

Quote:
Turn's out Joe the Plumber is not a plumber afterall. (NBC)

Thursday, October 16, 2008
Joe the Plumber update

Because we're sure you want to know: Joe the Plumber does not have a
plumbing license, has no concrete plans to own a business, and might
have to vote provisionally in the Ohio election.

Joe Wurzelbacher, whose story John McCain used last night to poke at
Barack Obama's tax plan, is learning today what most sudden
celebrities do - that the second 15 minutes of fame aren't nearly as
much fun as the first.

Wurzelbacher is the Toledo man Barack Obama spoke to this week while
making a surprise door-to-door canvass of an Ohio neighborhood.
Wurzelbacher told Obama - and later reporters - that Obama's tax plan
might be an obstacle to him buying a plumbing business.

McCain pounced on the moment to illustrate the victims of Obama taxing
citizens and businesses that make more than $250,000. Obama made his
own appeal to Joe. Katie Couric called. Suddenly, Joe was political
and media gold.

Today, however, Wurzelbacher told a swarm of reporters that the whole
owning a business thing was a little premature. He and the owner of
the plumbing business where he works have talked about him taking it
over at some point. "There's a lot I've got to learn," he said.

The Toledo Blade is reporting that Wurzelbacher does not have a
plumbing license, and that according to Ohio building regulations, he
must maintain his own license to do plumbing work. He is also not
registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means hes not,
technically, Joe the Plumber.

Wurzelbacher also might have a small issue with his voter
registration, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Because of a
discrepancy in the spelling of his name on voter records, he might
have to vote provisionally this election. Wurzelbacher apparently did
vote in the Ohio primary this year as a registered Republican, the
Plain Dealer reports. He was a member of the Natural Law Party in
previous elections.

The moral here is not that Joe is a bad guy. It's not that McCain's
larger points about taxes are necessarily invalid. It's that we should
be cautious with any political narrative we hear.

McCain, by the way, told Fox News that he might be giving Wurzelbacher
a call. "I think we're going to be spending some time together,"
McCain said.

With satellite trucks surrounding his house and bloggers poking into
public records and more, Wurzelbacher might not take him up on the
offer. Would you?

(Update: Uh oh. ABC News is reporting that Joe has a lien against him
for unpaid taxes in 2007.)

(Update No. 2: An Ohio TV station, NBC24, attempts to answer the
question of what kind of license Joe needs:

"A representative with Toledo Building Inspection says a plumber must
be registered with the state and only then may they apply for a Toledo
Plumbing Contractor's license.

Al Newell is a licensed plumbing contractor in the city of Toledo.
Anyone working under him should have a journeyman's plumbing license
or an apprenticeship license. According to Toledo Building Inspection,
Newell is responsible for making sure anyone working under him is
licensed.

Joe Wurzelbacher does not have an Ohio or city plumbing license.

The City of Toledo Plumbing Board of Control may consider a punishment
for Wurzelbacher and/or Newell.")
Posted by pstonge at 2:03 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

what a bunch of bs. He openly stated that he does not have a license. He does not need one for his exact job, but does work in the plumbing business. It is amazing how so called 'news reporters' can do so much research on a subject when it goes against their agenda, just like when Sarah Palin was announced. They had a small army for weeks trying to find anything (and even making some things up) they could on her. On the other hand, B. Hussein Obama has tons of suspicious things in his past and none of it is being looked into by the midstream media. Anytime someone brings it up the media is quick to call them racist and do everything they can to turn it around. Now we have ACORN stealing the election with the money and support of even Obama. True, Fair, Democracy is dead. Obama lied multiple times in the last debate:
Tax cut for 95% of Americans- ~35% of American don't even pay taxes, so how can they get a "cut"? AND THEY VOTE!

He denied that he kicked off his camapign in terrorists Ayres house- totally true

He denied the infanticide part (killing a fetus that instead of dying inside the womb from an abortion, actually was born alive)- This truely makes me sick to the stomach and I pray he is not elected. How can anyone deny care to any baby that is out of the womb? Say what you want about abortion, but this is truely sickening.

He stated that 40 plus million more people will get healthcare, while reducing EVERYONE's premiums by $2500- Sorry, but that is mathematically impossible, without massive tax increases.

How in the Hell did we get to this point? B.O. is by far the most far left liberal that has ever gotten to this point. I will stop now, sorry for the rant. No wait, I am not sorry. This is by far the most imprtant election we had in a while and I hope everyone does their research and then votes for their candidate.

EDIT for speling

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 AM

[quote="skosler"]what a bunch of bs. He openly stated that he does not have a license. He does not need one for his exact job, but does work in the plumbing business. It is amazing how so called 'news reporters' can do so much research on a subject when it goes against their agenda, just like when Sarah Palin was announced. They had a small army for weeks trying to find anything (and even making some things up) they could on her. On the other hand, B. Hussein Obama has tons of suspicious things in his past and none of it is being looked into by the midstream media. Anytime someone brings it up the media is quick to call them racist and do everything they can to turn it around. Now we have ACORN stealing the election with the money and support of even Obama. True, Fair, Democracy is dead. Obama lied multiple times in the last debate:
Tax cut for 95% of Americans- ~35% of American don't even pay taxes, so how can they get a "cut"? AND THEY VOTE!

He denied that he kicked off his camapign in terrorists Ayres house- totally true

He denied the infanticide part (killing a fetus that instead of dying inside the womb from an abortion, actually was born alive)- This truely makes me sick to the stomach and I pray he is not elected. How can anyone deny care to any baby that is out of the womb? Say what you want about abortion, but this is truely sickening.

He stated that 40 plus million more people will get healthcare, while reducing EVERYONE's premiums by $2500- Sorry, but that is mathematically impossible, without massive tax increases.

How in the Hell did we get to this point? B.O. is by far the most far left liberal that has ever gotten to this point. I will stop now, sorry for the rant. No wait, I am not sorry. This is by far the most imprtant election we had in a while and I hope everyone does their research and then votes for their candidate.

EDIT for speling[/quote
You seem to know everything, why aren't you running, ohwait, you're the teacher.

let it happen.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 AM

sorry, but I work at a power plant and I do not know everything, but I do know when something smells fishy. Extreme voter fraud from an organization that Obama's campaign donated $830,000 to, he legally represented these crooks earlier on in his career, he taught sessions for their workers and helped train them. If you don't think that is fishy, then we will just have to disagree.

EDIT

by the way. I stated my case and if you noticed in the last line all I asked is people to do their homework and vote for who ever they want. Don't just listen to the media who is in the bag for B.O. or get caught up in all the 'bumper sticker' slogans.

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosler
sorry, but I work at a power plant and I do not know everything, but I do know when something smells fishy. Extreme voter fraud from an organization that Obama's campaign donated $830,000 to, he legally represented these crooks earlier on in his career, he taught sessions for their workers and helped train them. If you don't think that is fishy, then we will just have to disagree.

EDIT

by the way. I stated my case and if you noticed in the last line all I asked is people to do their homework and vote for who ever they want. Don't just listen to the media who is in the bag for B.O. or get caught up in all the 'bumper sticker' slogans.
What do you think happened in Fla. a few years back, that one was stolen, how did that work out for you.

let it happen.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 11:44 AM

if it was truly stolen don't you think there would have been "official" news and lawsuits instead of just the kook left wing blogs? If it was a proven fact then Bush would not be our president, but it's not true. And just for your info, I am not too happy with Bush either, but he is definately the lesser of the two evils. By the way, ACORN was around back then also. Wonder what they did that election?

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
if it was truly stolen don't you think there would have been "official" news and lawsuits instead of just the kook left wing blogs? If it was a proven fact then Bush would not be our president, but it's not true. And just for your info, I am not too happy with Bush either, but he is definately the lesser of the two evils. By the way, ACORN was around back then also. Wonder what they did that election?
I'm sorry, but me and a few million others seem to think the kooks are on the right, see you 11-4-08.

let it happen.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 PM

he has 35% of 'Americans' who do not pay taxes on his side and it is still this close? Hmmm? He has 90% of the media (Tv, newspapers, etc) on his side and it is still this close? hmmm? If the media actually did their jobs and were not biased and non income tax paying free-loaders could not vote the libs would not stand a chance. If you don't positively contribute to this nation you should not vote. Voting is not a right, but a privilege. Hardworking, patriotic, true Americans will take back this country. Maybe not now, maybe not in the next 10 years, but hopefully before I die. :twisted:

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Forum Contributor

Stephen don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :? Harold and I had a dialouge on unions and how they ruined our country and I could not talk any sense into him about that. So don't try and talk sense to him about this election. Liberals are people who feel, not think rationally. 8)

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty
Stephen don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :? Harold and I had a dialouge on unions and how they ruined our country and I could not talk any sense into him about that. So don't try and talk sense to him about this election. Liberals are people who feel, not think rationally. 8)
Thanks Rob, now I don't have to say anything... :lol:

Doug... 8)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

MICHAL SAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino501
MICHAL SAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) Now you are talking.

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
Quote:
I'm sorry, but me and a few million others seem to think the kooks are on the right, see you 11-4-08.
Harold even though we will never agree politically you are still a BBF brother.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 02:13 PM

C'mon guys, there's a reason for no political threads, this board is about Big Block Fords, not about political propaganda.
Besides, all politicians are full of crap, on all sides, they're worse than lawyers, well, maybe just as bad!! :?

Edit: Schmitty, that is the right attitude, I wish more folks thought that way.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 04:30 PM

I'm sorry for prolonging it, but there is an election coming up and it is very important to many of us. This is a garage for 'non 460 banter' and every garage, shop, barn, etc that I have been in for the last few weeks is talking about this. Are we different? Do we have blinders on and keep our head under the hood 100% of the time. As long as we keep it civil, I think it serves a purpose. Many people are still undecide or are not going to vote. To have a healthy discussion about the topics (I think) is a good thing. Chilly has allowed these to go on here lately because (I am assuming) we are keeping them civil. I will try and stop now, becasue I guess the guys that dictate many important things in our lives are not important and not worth talking about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in