Aftermarket PG case guys enter here..... - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aftermarket PG case guys enter here.....

Was curious what brand you guys run. I have decided against the Bruno/Lenco because of cost and will go with a PG for now. My trans will be exposed with the tin work under the trans. I may run a blanket just for an extra margin of safety. I like the new ATI stuff with the removeable BH. I need one that will handle 1800hp for now. 640 CI + nitrous should be within 1800. If I ever step up to a blower or TT, I will upgrade to a B/L.

David Willingham
Advanced Motorsports Engineering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM

David,

I'm running the PG from Chris Corey's car. It's all JW; Bell, case, tailshaft, pan...... With all COAN internals.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM

I have one for sale in the action block that should handle the horsepower that you are looking at. We have used it behind a 1500+ horse big block Ford with no problems. The trans is fresh with approx. 20 passes on it. If you have any interest just let me know. Thanks & have a nice day!!!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:25 PM

Damon you being doing OK?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:30 PM

I've been researching glide cases lately. Looked at all of them. Most of you have seen the pics of my stock glide case. When I broke the crank a couple of months ago it locked the motor for a split second and broke the bellhousing off the trans. When it goes back togethe rit will be with an aftermarket case.

I like the one piece cases better for my application. Just less to go wrong. David, are you still planning on the adapter plate?

My choices in order:
1. BTE Magnum case. Very similar to the Dedenbear/Reid 1 pc case. A few diffs though. No steel liner needed (like the new Reid 2 pc and Ultracase), some oem passages at the rear are eliminated (weak spot for Dedenbear/Reid) BTE also has a roller bearing installed at the rear. Dedenbear/Reid has one as a $100 option
http://www.bteracing.com/Detail.asp?sku=BTE240000

2. Dedenbear/Reid one pc. Many thousands out there. Proven piece
3. ATI 2 pc. I like how the bell is located off soemthign other than the pump bolts.
4. Reid 2 pc. I like the idea/look, but seeing the problems Chris had with converter spacing I'll stay away until they change it to stock spacing.
5. JW Ultra system. I really don't care for the way the bell is mounted via only the 5/16 pump bolts. I know of at least 2 members of this board who had to have the starter bolt holes relocated due to improper spacing. To be be honest, JW left a bad taste with me when I had two of them during my small block days that leaked. They told me there was nothing they could do.

As far as internals, mine are BTE. 1.80 straight cut, hardened input, Pro Tree transbrake, clutch hun, etc.

David, because of where you live I would go with PTC or BTE for the internals. Both use quality stuff and just as important, both are close by if you need service. PTC is only a couple of hours away and BTE is next day with UPS ground.

If you are starting from scratch, something like this would be perfect:

http://www.bteracing.com/Detail.asp?sku=BTE054473

86 T-Bird chassis car
Struts, ladders and W's
Alky injected BBF
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin93
Damon you being doing OK?
Tryin' to do a little racing when I can. We went to the Ken Mor BG Nationals over the weekend. I did fair, one round outside of the money :roll:

Hope to catch up with you guys at OVOS next year if I'm not running NMRA.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Yeah if you make it to one of the races please do stop in & see us. We are done racing for the year. We had another good season. We won the OVOS True Street Championship again. We ran our personal best at the last race with a 5.08 at 142.30 Not too shabby for a 3420 lb stock suspension Mustang with no wheelie bars on 29.5 x 10.5 slicks, but I know as the old saying goes there is always a bigger one around the corner, so we are working on everything in the off season to try to go faster next year. Damon good luck to you, take care & have a nice day!!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 AM

Kevin,

Congrats and good luck to you in the future. I think you should try racing some NMRA SSO

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM

Those boys in NMRA SSO are tough. Our car & engine are not configured properly to run that class. My driver & the brains of the outfit, Leon has no desire to run 1/4 mile. We have talked about this before. I really don't think I have much desire to see my car run the 1/4 mile either. When you take a 10.5" slick & you are running 180+ - 190+ MPH in the 1/4 if something goes wrong on the top end things can get real bad real quick. I guess Leon & I are just big chickens!!! My hats off to the guys in SSO. It's unbelievable what they are able to accomplish on a true 28.5 x 10.5" slick!!! They are actually running a smaller slick than what we use in True Street. We also are not much into traveling. It's hard to find the time for us to travel. We are just content to do our local thing right now & we have done pretty good with it so far.

And of course when I said there is always one bigger around the corner, one of the guys I was referring to was Joe Mayabb. If they ever get a handle on that bad boy they will be flying!!! If they get it figured out I just hope we will be able to be competitive. Take care Damon & have a nice day!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 AM

I think you guys would do just fine Kevin

OK, Back on Subject, Aftermarket PG cases etc...... Sorry David ops:

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread!! Everyone take care & have a nice day!!!!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM

I've got the BTE case and internals. Top Sportsman glide.

"Perception is reality"
"Failure is not an option"
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
2001 F150 4X4 SuperCab
2003 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
1998 25.4 Mustang, 598 C head...done by fall, good Lord willing...

"No time to drive any of them"
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I am going to concentrate on getting the truck finished and when I get close, I'll buy the trans. I have a date with the tin man next month and that should put the truck very close to disassembly for powercoat and paint. I have a stock case PG that will work for moving the truck around and a few easy passes. It's a tossup between Reid, ATI, and BTE. I don't care for the JW stuff.

David Willingham
Advanced Motorsports Engineering
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM

All you guys that keep trashing JW just send all those junk parts to me. I have been running their stuff for 7 years now and I have never once regreted my decision but I guess I got lucky. By the way JW was the first people on the market with the Ultra Bell design and the Heavy Duty Case. All of the other stuff on the market is copies of their designs. I also know a couple of people running the BTE stuff that stays out of their car and back at BTE for repairs several times a year. As for me and our race team we will keep suffering with the JW junk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in