Kevin Rowe aka Kevin93 Pictures! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kevin Rowe aka Kevin93 Pictures!

Bad *** Ride!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 AM

And it ran 5.08 at 142 at the last race. This is on stock suspension with true 10" tires.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jos,

We've all been kicking it around. I really want to see a match race between your alls Hemi car and Kevin's car pictured above. Tell your 'ole man, the tightwad that he is ,,,,,,,that I'm willing to put up some prize money 8)

Take care,

Charlie Evans
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 AM

Wow ,that's a bad dog there!!! :lol: 8)

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:43 AM

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Guys, thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate them. I can not take all the credit for the car though. I have a good friend who drives the car for me & does the majority of the work on it. I help but he is really the brains of the outfit. His name is Leon Mathis & he is a machinist by trade. It is very handy to have a machinist on call when you are building a car. I am sure as most of you know you buy expensive parts & a lot of the time they do not fit!!! Leon is excellent with making things fit or making trick parts from scratch. Then when we are at the track I have to give credit to all the people who help us. They know who they are & I appreciate all of them very much!!!! I also have sponsors & they play a big part in making us successful with their help!!

Leon & I did the majority of the work on the car except for the paint & upolstery work & a little bit of the mini-tubing work. We also build our own engines. We are not able to do the bore & honing but we do assemble the engines. When we first build the big block there was quite a bit of clearancing to the block & other things to get the engine together & Leon did all of it. When we changed the engine to a 632 the block had to be clearanced again & again Leon did it.

We have raced the car for (6) years in a class called True Street around the local Louisville area. At one time we were racing 2 different sanctioning bodies. At Ohio Valley Dragway we have won (5) True Street championships & runnered up once. We also won (2) True Street championships & runnered up once in the other local sanctioning body which is no longer around.

I have had both small block Ford engines & big block Ford engines in the car & we have been successful with both. We now have a 632 Thor headed engine in the car & have had very good success with it. We have run the Thor headed engine as a 598 & 632 over the pass 4 years. With the Thor headed engine we have won I believe (17) races & runnered up numerous times.

As the old saying goes there is always a bigger one around the corner, & you can never let you guard down in Outlaw type racing. I never take anything for granted. I am always looking to learn & improve the car. This being said I am currently having the car updated to 25.2 specs. Leon & I are not going to do the 25.2 upgrade because we are both busy & because of time constraints. It is hard to get a lot done when you can only work a few hours on the week nights & on the weekends. You know I now have to try to keep up with Mayabb's & their monster hemi engine on steriods plus all the other people in our class!!!!! The Mayabb's are as fine as people as you could ever meet & I am proud to say I have got to know them over the past few years & become good friends with them.

Sorry it too me so long to get on here & acknowledge your compliments but I do not readily have access to a computer all the time. When we ran the 5.08 at 142 just as Joe said we did it on stock type suspension at a weight of 3420 lbs. If you guys have questions I will do my best to answer them. Again thanks & everyone have a nice day!!!!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:28 PM

We need some videos man. Damn I sound like Les now...............

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:36 PM

I'm all up for the match race if our car is ready. It sound like a lot of fun and it would be a good testing session for both Kevin and myself. Do you know the dates when the bash will be? Ohio Valley will run the outlaw street car races on the third Saturday of the month beginning in April so if it doesn't conflict with those dates we could make it.

I know Kevin has something up his sleeve. Getting his car upgraded to 25.2 and putting a new top end on the engine sounds very fishy. What's going on Kevin? Don't hold out on me.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Just trying to keep with with the Mayabb's & everyone else in our class!!!
That is what is going on. Just trying to make the chassis better & make more horsepower from the engine. Just trying to go faster like everyone else!!!

Joe I way I figure it, if you & your dad ever get a handle on your new monster hemi engine on steriods & your chassis, we will need to go in the 4's in the 1/8 mile. I have to make changes to try to keep up. See what you all are making me have to resort to!!!! :lol: :lol: Take care & have a nice day!!!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

OWWWWW The anticipation is KILLIN' me! Can't wait to see this match race 8)

The past 2 years, the BBF Bash has been the last weekend of April (Postponed last year). Not saying it will be the same for 09 however I'd guesstimate it will be around that same time frame. It really depends on the NHRA schedule and Phillip's Schedule.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:46 AM

Damon, again thanks for posting the pictures for me!!! As long as we stay away from the 3rd week of each month we should be OK unless there would be a rain out on the 3rd week & the Valley rescheduled it the following week.

I am game as long as nothing conflicts & we have a good handle on our car. If we are still trying to get the chassis sorted out, I would be a little hesitant on trying to sort it out on a track we are unfamiliar with. These cars can be a handful enough on a track that you are familiar & comfortable with & to throw in more variables, such as a track you have little data about & one that you do not feel real comfortable with, might be asking for trouble. Anyway it would be up to Leon. I am not going to put him in a situation that he does not feel comfortable with. I have always told him if on any pass he gets out of control where he feels unsafe, lift, & live to race another day. In my opinion it is not worth losing our car over a race. If nothing else I would try to bring the car down for people to see. Let's us know when it is, when you find out & we will see what we can do.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Kevin,

Will do and I completely understand, I had to lift at the 07 Bash :P

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 AM

I think you saying you had to lift was an understatement Damon!!! :lol: :lol: Anyway good luck to you & have a nice day!!!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 AM

Very similar to our "true street" class up here. What kind of 60 are you getting? Just curious, as i dont see any bars
Are the tires a "W"?

Thanks.

STOCK SUSPENSION N/A
515 CI in the works!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in