Bruno's motor - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bruno's motor

I thought a few posts back when Nick pulled his heads off and we were all trying to convince him to at least check the bottom end, he made the comment that he could not afford that because it was not in the budget :?: :? But lucky for him he decided to check and found his oil pump cracked. 8)
Now following his posts since then, he has had Charlie rub on his heads, got a Danny Bee from Lem, with plans to get one of Lem's special cams, a Kaase oil pump, he's changed directions on his NOS set-up, he sold his old carb that was only 8 months old to get a new Quick Fuel, now it sounds like he got a A-460 block from Lem, with a new oil pan ordered. :shock: I wonder if his wife knows of all these toys he has been buying and how much they cost :?: :shock: It sounds like he is going to have a motor thats going to be 1 step below a well pump motor. :shock: :lol:
You KY guys should be thankful he only had a "small" budget to work with. :lol: :lol:

Like dfree383 said in another post;
Quote:
I think he's up to something......... Looks Like you KY guys better watch out. He's got Lem and Charlie working for him too.......
And like Dan Hobbs said;
Quote:
He must've took the spankins harder than we all thought
I just hope all this works out OK for him in the end, because if it don't and he gets a Big Spank'n again, it will be a long ride back to Florida with he's Gator tail tucked between his legs. :lol:
What would be the best to hear on that long ride back home is the explanation to his wife ops: why he spent ALL that money on that motor, just to be Spank'd once again. :cry:
Well, what ever happens, Good Luck Nick, especially with the wife :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Northwest outlaw

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
"coughing" turbos. He is team up with the turbo guys
Just playing he got me thinking what he is up to.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

dont worry Rick --- cause i will run you on motor and still spank yah !!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am happy for Bruno all the new stuff is cool :lol: . I hope he is up to something nothing like a big surprise :twisted:
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:42 PM

In ThndrChkn's post about his Lenco, Bruno states about his "2 stage fire breathen 1500hp mill"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Then again, he (Bruno) might be blowing smoke.

Charlie Evans
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 AM

should i tell them Charlie ?? nah i will keep this a secret !!!! :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:49 AM

All b/s aside -----

Your absolutely correct Rick ,

Here are some of my goals that i want to achieve in 2009 i want to be able to run low , low 9s on my 1st 100 shot of spray and then high 8s on the 2nd stage i just wanted to due some basic upgrades to the cylinder heads and cam as you know i took apart the bottom end and found a broken oil pump( thxs guys) so i orderd a kaase pump , while i removed my heads they had 2 blown head gaskets , i had the exhaust gasket on one side reversed , lots of stupid mistakes ......

so Charlie did the head work on my heads and the flow #s are much better .... Lem designed a cam that will run better off the spray and on. Some of the other parts that i have ordered or will be ordering are for the existing stock block but can be transfered over to the A460 block that i will be putting together ( actually the evans will be but they dont know that yet ) and i still havent decided what heads im going to use with the a block yet but i will have plenty of time to decide that .....

Just like i told Dan the other day i really wish i had the time like some of you guys ( Dan, Randy, Jon etc..) because i would really love to build a bracket racer and dial in a time and run it --- but i dont and to me this is just a hobby for going fast and i have fun doing it and spending time on the board and talking smack and hopefully motivating someone else to work on there hobby that they love ...

Well gotta go almost done mocking the midplate in and will be getting the oil pump installed to day and mocking up the Danny Bee have a good weekend

i hope this lays to rest a lot of rumors

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM

Thats kinda what I figured with you selling the pan, transferable parts looking into future upgrades.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM

yes Jon, they forgot to or didnt have the intention to mill a grooove in the Danny Bee on that large lower radius plus the kaase pump wont fit in the front sump of that pan unless you start to massage it ( hammer time ) so i figured i would have Lem's fabricator build me a custom pan but that would also transfer to the new block .... some of this stuff to me is sometimes more exciting then running the car !!!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.evans
Then again, he (Bruno) might be blowing smoke.
Nick you goin diesel power? :lol: :lol: 8) They love the laughing gas.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 05:22 AM

so know after the issues with the stock block and finding a little cap walk ive decided to get a new short block so now im just saving some pennies and going to work on the chassis and start upgrading some bars so we can get this thing recertified ----safety first .....

will keep everyone updated

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM

I dont think Nick wants to buy dinner at the texas roadhouse next year.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in