Powerstroke guys. Does 16k sound like a good deal on this? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Powerstroke guys. Does 16k sound like a good deal on this?

It's a 2003, 7.3 diesel, crew cab, 2wd, lariat with 105,600 miles on it. It needs some bodywork on the bed, but the paint is in great shape and so is the leather. Inside of the bed looks great too.

The lot is asking $16,000. The bodywork would run about $4,000 according to my estimate from a recent experience. I'm thinking start offering at $12,000.

John

87 Mustang, 514, glide, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I gave 18 for my cc dually 2wd with 80k on it. No leather but all the other options. This was a few years back when the diesel market was pretty good.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I guess the price isn't bad then considering the truck market right now with fuel prices and the economy the way they are.

I was planning on going to the bank to see about a loan, but they only loan money on used stuff to 70K miles. I'll see what the dealer can do. I'll pay a chunk down once my other truck is sold and then pay the rest off quick.

I would possibly trade my exisitng truck if the price was right, but I just put a new trans in it and if I get another truck I'm keeping it and swapping it into the new one.

I can afford it just don't have the extra cash to buy it outright. This would be a big upgrade over my 01 with 305K miles... It's getting hard to find low mileage 7.3s in good shape. This one is in great shape except for the needed body work.

John

87 Mustang, 514, glide, etc...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:38 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
That seems kind of high to me. Have you looked around much? Sometimes prices in certain areas are higher than others. I know there is a boat load of them sitting on car lots around Lafayette. I personally don't get it. I get 21 mpg out of my 7.3 CC 4x4 and all these little crap box SUV's get 18-21 . People see big and think that they must be a fuel hog. Retards.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Sounds like a fair price. Up in my area, book would be $19,300 for a single rear wheel, $20,500 for a dually. That's if you can find a decent 7.3.
Getting more difficult to find.

"Perception is reality"
"Failure is not an option"
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
2001 F150 4X4 SuperCab
2003 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
1998 25.4 Mustang, 598 C head...done by fall, good Lord willing...

"No time to drive any of them"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:20 PM

Looks like a descent deal. I found this at a dealer over in Carolina. I wish I could afford it :cry: Super clean and low mileage, asking $12,995.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 04:38 PM

Seems a LOT high especially needing body work. As in about double IMHO. I was watching a 02 85,000 locally for a little while, it was a 4x4 otherwise similar to what you listed except it was the XLT with the leather option (I don't really know what makes it the lariat vs the XLT when it had leather) at $11,000 it sat on the lot for 4 months, finally had a "sale" and it sold for $9800. Couple counties over there is a 2wd F350 PSD that has $9400 on the windshield for hte past 2 months, it was gone last week a couple days but was sitting there fri so I don't think it's sold even yet. Neither one appeared to need body work.
If you can get it at $12,000 I would think about it.

just did a NADA check on it by your description comes up a little over $18,200 and shows 12,850 TRADE IN NEEDING BODY WORK.

Kelley Blue book shows good shape value at $15,500 using my zip code (I didn't know yours)

just some things to think on. I know that if you want it then it's a good deal though.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:27 PM

2002 f450

I bought a 2002 f450 2 wheel dually with 70,000 miles, a Fontaine fiberglass box and a powerstroke with $5300 worth of Banks stuff for $18,000 a couple of months ago. Crew cab with leather and air ride rear suspension and dual fuel tanks.Its a nice truck.It was on Ebay and never got a bid. I went and looked after the auction was over and bought it to pull my fifth wheel trailer.Look for one with lower miles. They are out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in