CAR SHOW CLASS - DEFINITION OF MUSCLE CAR - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

CAR SHOW CLASS - DEFINITION OF MUSCLE CAR

O'reily auto parts sponsers a car show here in my town every year and last year i took my 69' Mach 1 428 CJ car there and they said i would have to go into the classic antique class. there was no mustang or muscle car class at that time. So i put the stang in the classic class and didn't win spit. i was competing against cars that had chrome everything and mods out the ying-yang. So this year i see that the car show is comming back and i go to the director of the show and ask him if its the same as last year, he replies and say no its not. i ask him if he is going to have a class for my car this year and he says yes we now have a "muscle car" class. i said great, so i prep the stang and get her ready for the show (keep in mind my car is all original numbers matching car) i also ask him what peramiters are you using for judging, he says we judge on cleanlyness, and originality and overall condition of the car. well to make a long story short, when the judge came to rate my car he says to me, your in the wrong class""""" i say what the hell you mean, he says a original numbers matching car like this should be in "classic" class not muscle car..

after the instant rage passed i asked what the hell he was talking about he replied, your car can't compete with these other cars that have all the chrome motors with the blowers and narrowed rear ends in other words they considered any modified car that had a bigger engine and pretty much prostreet modifications a muscle car. i told him he was crazy and that a muscle car was only manufactured from around 63-64 thru 71 and that they were supposed to judge on originality. he said that any modifed car any year was considered a muscle car. (example: 76 2 door malibu w/ blown BBC candy paint ect,ect After i cussed him out i promtly got in my car and drove home not waiting for the judging to finish.

would like your opinions on what constitutes a real "muscle car" and was i wrong or are they wrong. when the judge told me my car was not a muscle car that it was a classic i wanted to bitch slap him. After all, if a 1969 factory 428 cobra-jet numbers matching w/ shaker is not a muscle car what the hell is...................?

anyway i'll never go to this car show again.

BTW i showed my car at an MCA event and won 2nd place just 3 months ago, so my car is show quality.

70' Maverick , 557 A-Head 8.90's...1969 #MATCHING MACH1 428 CJ RESTORED 1 of 1....1970 HEMI CHALLANGER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 02:54 PM

Get a Life "Hulkster", your fighting City hall on this one, you ain't never going to win at that show unless you start licking major butt....... Its pretty typical of the Car show scene, they only give the big trophys to thier buddys....
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Forum Contributor

Car shows are for chumps.

:evil:

In Limbo at all times

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

politics , politics, politics ......... x2 on what Dave said ive been there just start kissing some azz

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)

HEMI-HUNTER you are completely right. Anyone who has been around cars for any length of time knows what a TRUE musclecar is. Your Mustang is one, and one of the most bitchin' examples EVER in my book. The guy you were talkin' to don't know sheeite! :roll:
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Muscle cars / Pony cars in my opinion was a description of an era. Not necessarily the specific car.

They should have named the classes, Stock, Modified.....etc.

93 528cu Lightning
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM

I think awards/trophies at car shows are silly. Car shows should be about a bunch of car interested folks getting together for a decent time of checking out other folks's cars and talking with them to learn more. If it's just a competition to try to best someone elses ride, it ain't much fun. Just my opinion, and we all know my opinions aren't popular 'round these parts.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 04:53 PM

Car Shows

I've been to hundreds of shows. Each one judges differently. I quit going to win a long time ago and it's much more enjoyable. The muscle car class was basically created to give extra trophies away.

This is how most reputable shows class:

Original class: Original including wheels and tires, sometimes factory headers allowed

Muscle Car: High performance original cars

Street Machine: Modified without major chassis changes or narrowed rear end.

Pro Street: Narrowed rear (anything goes)

I agree most shows are political so go, enjoy and don't forget the smokey burn out as you leave.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:57 PM

I went to one last weekend called the (Frankensteiners Ball). Frankenstieners is name of the club that puts it on, most are rat rodders. About 400 cars in the show. You had to put out candy for the kids in hub caps or old valve covers. Rock-a-billy music, loud mufflers, flame throwing and costume contest with home made trophy's judged by the crowd and course as the announcer said ( make sure to do a nice burn out when you leave). Had a great time just like the old days. Just fun with cool car people.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM

What is a muscle car hmm

A 1973 Datson B310 1000 watt radio neon light frame and a chrome fart can for a muffler

Take Care Gregg 8) 8)
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 PM

Re: Car Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossofu
I've been to hundreds of shows. Each one judges differently. I quit going to win a long time ago and it's much more enjoyable. The muscle car class was basically created to give extra trophies away.

This is how most reputable shows class:

Original class: Original including wheels and tires, sometimes factory headers allowed

Muscle Car: High performance original cars

Street Machine: Modified without major chassis changes or narrowed rear end.

Pro Street: Narrowed rear (anything goes)

I agree most shows are political so go, enjoy and don't forget the smokey burn out as you leave.
I'm a judge for our FORD club, and we do alot of cruisein's and car show's during the summer. Thes classes are basicly what we use for the car show's. I never was into the car show scene,but I guess it's whatever a person likes to do. HemiHunter,Your car is a true musclecar. The way we judge a car like yours is we give you a choice of entries. Classic or original Musclecar 64thru71. The classic can have extra chrome,different wheels/etc. If you enter it in the original musclecar class we deduct you for anything that wasn't originally on the car. We have our club members park their cars in a seperate section and let the nonclub participants judge them seperately. We judge by a points system,and the points are counted by a different person than a judge and the judges sheet has a number instead of a owners name. This way rules out the favoritism. Cruisin's are more fun.JMHO Rick

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

way to go Rick,
sounds like you guys got it worked out. that car show i wouldn't mind going to.

70' Maverick , 557 A-Head 8.90's...1969 #MATCHING MACH1 428 CJ RESTORED 1 of 1....1970 HEMI CHALLANGER
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:19 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

I like to go to car cruises not car shows if that makes sense. It's fun to see street rods, muscle cars, race cars etc all together with people hanging out and having car related fun. Not some contest where the cars come off of a trailer.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic --Arthur C. Clarke

Dave McLain
McLain's Automotive
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM

There is only two things I don't like about car shows...

Everyone has their hood open, like they're broken down on the side of the road,

They don't know what class my car should be in...

SteveL

“This is the point in the killing spree when you really should turn the gun on yourself…”
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM

When I judge a car w/hood closed,the section of my judge sheet thats for the engine bay gets all 0's. Everything else gets judged the same way,if the trunk is shut it also gets 0's. It's the only fair way.

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in