460 Ford Forum banner

Fraudulent emails.

746 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BBFmavrick 
#1 ·
Got an email this morning from the IRS. Below is the email I recieved.

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity
we have determined that you are eligible to receive
a tax refund under section 501(c) (3) of the
Internal Revenue Code. Tax refund value is $189.60.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days
in order to IWP the data received.
If u don't receive your refund within 9 business
days from the original IRS mailing date shown,
you can start a refund trace online.

If you distribute funds to other organization, your records must show wether
they are exempt under section 497 (c) (15). In cases where the recipient org.
is not exempt under section 497 (c) (15), you must have evidence the funds will
be used for section 497 (c) (15) purposes.

If you distribute fund to individuals, you should keep case histories showing
the recipient's name and address; the purpose of the award; the maner of
section; and the realtionship of the recipient to any of your officers, directors,
trustees, members, or major contributors.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

This notification has been sent by the Internal Revenue Service,
a bureau of the Department of the Treasury.
Sincerely Yours,

John Stewart
Director, Exempt. Organization
Rulings and Agreements Letter
Internal Revenue Service

Did some looking around on IRS.Gov. and found this.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=169228,00.html

IRS said:
The schemes have a few variations. In one, the bogus e-mail tells the recipient that he or she is eligible to receive a federal tax refund for a given amount (often $63.80) and sends the recipient to a Web site to complete a form to “submit the tax refund request.” The form then asks for the personal and financial information.
I forwarded the email I recieve to the IRS email listed in the article. Don't be fooled by this crap. I dont think anyone here would fall for it but warn others. Maybe some elderly that might not realize whats going on.

See less See more
#5 ·
501(c)(3) exemptions apply to corporations, and any community chest, fund, or foundation, organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational purposes, or to foster national or international amateur sports competition, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.

#6 ·
Well, I don't know if you just copied and pasted that or what but there are several words spelled wrong besides the fact that it is/was emailed. If one were to fall for that... it would truely be ashame. It would be someone who was very naive and not quite on top of everything. So the crooks are really stooping low(certainly not abnormal) to swindle these less than educated or older people out of their money. :cry:

Bret

#7 ·
Bret Powell said:
Well, I don't know if you just copied and pasted that or what but there are several words spelled wrong besides the fact that it is/was emailed. If one were to fall for that... it would truely be ashame. It would be someone who was very naive and not quite on top of everything. So the crooks are really stooping low(certainly not abnormal) to swindle these less than educated or older people out of their money. :cry:

Bret
I sent it out just so everyone could see it, warn the old folk who may not be aware of these types of scams. I copied and pasted the entire thing, retyped nothing. I think we all know its a scam..but it only takes one person who doesn't and the crooks are a success.

#8 ·
GaryH said:
If u don't receive your refund within 9 business
Thats a giveaway right there. If "U"? And they dont use "dont".. it would be do not.
Not necessarily, it could have been sent from Kentuck :p :p :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.