460 Ford Forum banner

598 dyno numbers

34K views 367 replies 70 participants last post by  56tbird 
#1 ·
we just dynoed a new 598 Motorsport A-head Elim block combo single carb and it went 969 lbs of torque 1287 HP motor made peak Hp at 7200 RPM and didn't fall off until 7600RPM and then only lost 1 HP. More cubes will not gain anymore HP. different heads will be needed to make more HP from this point on. but we feel that were making enough power right now with this set up. we added the NOS set up just for fun....... :roll:

#10 ·
feetfirst said:
Is this with the comp cam?

x2

That is a bunch of hp at that low of rpm. And thats by far the best single four, A headed, hp I have ever heard of.

Don't just give us dyno numbers share the build info too............

Thanks

#11 ·
It must be a set of prototype ProComp A heads! :wink: :p 8)
Just kidding- I couldn't resist the opportunity! Thats great HP! :shock: I can hardly hook up what I have, and you have twice the power! Good Job!
Gary

#12 ·
i can't share the build info guys its all top secret... this is my friends motor not mine. he has taken the motorsport A-heads as far as you can go with them without changing the valve angles. the intake was cut in half and CNC'd 4 times before it was done right. we did not spray ANY NOS during the dyno runs.!! My friend does not like to give out info because he is doing all the R&D out of his back pocket and he feels that what he does is his and his info alone. i agree with him. he has spent a tremendous amount of money with this combo and really has it going on now. this motor is going in a 3000lb fox body that will run 7.00'a or around that ET. and yes its a BEAR>>>>>> :wink:

i feel blessed that he lets me in on the dyno stuff. sorry thats about all i can say.

#14 ·
HEMI-HUNTER said:
i can't share the build info guys its all top secret... this is my friends motor not mine. he has taken the motorsport A-heads as far as you can go with them without changing the valve angles. the intake was cut in half and CNC'd 4 times before it was done right. we did not spray ANY NOS during the dyno runs.!! My friend does not like to give out info because he is doing all the R&D out of his back pocket and he feels that what he does is his and his info alone. i agree with him. he has spent a tremendous amount of money with this combo and really has it going on now. this motor is going in a 3000lb fox body that will run 7.00'a or around that ET. and yes its a BEAR>>>>>> :wink:

i feel blessed that he lets me in on the dyno stuff. sorry thats about all i can say.
That would put this motor at the top of all motor heads up classes currently being run that allow 600 CI....... :shock:

#17 ·
I can't wait to see some info on this. That engine is 2.15 hp/cu.in. with a single carb.

About the best hp per cfm I've seen for a single carb engine is 2.2 hp/cfm. That means the A-460's on that engine would have to produce 585 cfm's or at 525 cfm's they would make 2.45 hp/cfm.

Those would be the baddest "A" heads ever. Maybe they are.

G-Code

#18 ·
That is a bunch of hp at that low of rpm. And thats by far the best single four, A headed, hp I have ever heard of.

See above :roll:

If this build is on the up and up there will be a bunch of Thor and Profiler engine builders hanging their heads :shock:

Fancy Chris your Hemroid is going down to a wedge head :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Insert the crying and slow singing here (xxxxxxxxxx)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 ·
IDT-572 said:

See above :roll:

If this build is on the up and up there will be a bunch of Thor and Profiler engine builders hanging their heads :shock:

:
You read my mind, I passed on writting those same words almost exactly.

G-Code

#20 ·
I knew I shouldn't have sold my A heads. Why did I switch to the C's? :( :wink:

#22 ·
If it so great and special, share some major specs.

Peak Head Flow?

Approx Compression?

Carb CFM?

Header Size?

Basic Approx Specs on the cam?

Nobody is Expecting a Detail Line by Line Build sheet with every spec.

You don't have to give away the "Secrets" to give an overview that shows your not being a "Story Teller" or a "Jackass" waving his banner......

#24 ·
I'm sure uncle charlie will chime in on this one! LOL. sounds like that is a happy dyno, very happy to say the least. i personally don't think this is possible on a 598 with "a" heads period let alone at 7200 rpm! i had a 572 at jon kaase's with a nasty set of A heads like 15 years ago and it made 1030 hp at like 7000-7200 range and well over 900lbs of torque it was basically a 4.5 x 4.5 combo wilson manifold single carb deal.

#26 ·
Thats why I'm asking !! I'm not afraid to learn something new, it just needs to be presented to me in an intellegent manner. :lol:

Who knows, Maybe someone has a new combo nailed, but to post about it and then say its a secret is BS. :roll:

I'm not saying it can't be done, but perticular post is a little suspect.... :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.