Macro Economics - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Macro Economics

Anyone on here a guru in Macro Economics? I am go to school 4 nights a week and my Economics professor is tough. I have a 3.9 GPA and I am failing this class. The whole class is failing. So any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

why dont you talk to your professor and see if he can refer you a tutor ...
what university are you attending ???

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

is the whole class doing bad, or just a few? I hated Engineering economics and was pulling a low C into finals (everyone else was the same or worse) and probably didn't do too well on the final either, but the professor curved well- I pulled out an A. They know who is trying, who is showing up, who is doing their homework. Some professors make it really hard just to weed out the ones who are not putting forth the effort. I just talk to them and ask them "what do I have to do to get an A" I have a 4.0 with about 70 hours, but have had to put school on hold for a while (hopefully not forever)

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to CWRacing
You picked an interesting place to ask for help with your economics class. I actually have a couple of degrees in econ, but I have to admit it's been a while since I was in school. Econ is a difficult subject and the concepts are abstract to say the least.

One thing I can tell you, I always took full advantage of my professors office hours. They are required to keep them and very few students would take the time to visit their instructors to ask questions. If the material is not clear to you, park yourself in their office and have them explain it to you until you understand it. They will respect you for it and when they see you in class they'll know you're one of the few who are really trying to learn the subject.

Now I'm curious, what topics are you having trouble with?

Cliff Wright
Comp 6111
www.hemiford.com
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I have been talking to the professor. He has taken over the classes of another professor that had resigned. My professor actually has a double work load so he is overwhelmed. The other students are doing just as bad. Most of them are cheating. They are talking openly about cheating before the professor enters the room. The professor will not curve. He says that life will not offer a curve, so neither will he. The problem I have is that he teaches in ABCDE format but assigns and tests in 14325 format. He says that in the real world you will very seldom have perfect situations to deal with. The college is Daytone State College. I have been doing very well until this class. I earned an A in Micro Economics. I will try to get with a few of the students for assistance. I am also in search of a tutor. I was hoping someone on this site might be close enough for me to drive over for some visual help. I seem to do better when I can see a problem worked through. I was also just using you guys to vent my frustrations. Thanks for replying.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 PM
1997superstang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
i have Associate degree in business management, i had to do that crap too, micro and macro..what the problem
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
I think it's one of those subjects you're either born with or you're not. I got straight A's in all my econ and statistics classes. It was as if I knew everything they were teaching before they taught it, but I knew several people that had to take the classes two and three times just to pass.

You may not like how your professor is running the show, but he's telling it like it is. My favorite econ professor (doctor affiffi) didn't assign any homework (but daily lessons were "suggested") and your grade was based on two tests. A mid-term and a final.

The best advise I can give is to stay on top of the daily lessons. If you fall behind, it's really hard to catch up. A tutor should be able to get you on track if you're willing to put in the time. Maybe seek out somebody that is breezing through and ask them for help. I had several people ask me for informal tutoring sessions, and I was glad to help.

Good luck.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Update....I had class last night and questioned the problems on the assignments giving me trouble. They were all TYPO'S!!!
This makes me nuts. Thank all of you for your input.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jborden
Update....I had class last night and questioned the problems on the assignments giving me trouble. They were all TYPO'S!!!
This makes me nuts. Thank all of you for your input.
been there done that. I took Differential Equations online one semester and the book and the TA had typos. The examples the TA would work out and I would download and spend hours trying to figure out how he went from one step to the next. The next day I would call the TA and he would say "ya, that's a typo... it was pretty late when I was doing those" :evil:

There were 8 people who signed up for that class and the other 7 gave up on the internet and convinced the instructor to do the class in person at the school. I could not drive the 110 miles one way twice a week, so I was the only one who stuck with the internet. It was me, my book and google many a nights. I ended up with a high A (without a curve) and all 7 other students barely passed, some with a curve. I could not do a LaPlace transform right now if my life depended on it. That class was hard!

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Man!!! Just reading your emails somehow make me feel less than smart :? . I will probably be bugging you later for help :lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in