2008 Year in Review - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2008 Year in Review

http://www.429-460.com/general-discu...-t751.htm#7187

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466

Last edited by Phantasea466; 08-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM

WOW 2008

WOW Damon, you were busy. I'm glad overall you had a successful year.

My 2008 was not that good. My goal was to get the BBF in my car and sell the old Cleveland. I wanted to run at least 6.30's with teh BBF.

The BBF swap went pretty well but I still have the Cleveland for sale.

The car finally went 6.26 at 110 mph, I was very plased with that.

However, I broke the starter every time I went to the track. I have yet to actually race in competition. A couple of weeks ago, I got another starter on the car and broke the flexplate. I got pissed and threw some antifreeze in it and put it away for the winter.

2009 goals:

Increase the stall speed in the convertor by 400-600 rpm.
Repair a crushed hedder tube.
replace flexplate and brace the midplate where the starter bolts on.
Try to make at least one round of actual racing, thats 1 more that 2008.
Make the BBF Bash III no matter what; car or not!
Start on a 534 stroker, at least finish the block and rotating assembly.

If I can meet these goals it will be one hellava year for me. If I actually won a race I might just start drinking again in celebration. If the car runs, my last two lights were .005 and .006. My worst light all weekend last time out in TNT was .013. MAybe a check is in my future.

Thanks
Kerry

Kerry Clark
1968 Coupe Mustang, 466, 2388 lbs.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 PM

2009.. Big "D" and I would like to keep our jobs @ Ford motor company.. :?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown86hallet
Let the brothers and sisters in the choir say AMEN to that!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Adam and Big D,

We were thinking about you guys the other day when the news reported about the Big 3. It directly affects me as well since I work in the same field........ It's NOT looking good :cry:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's557BBF
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown86hallet
Let the brothers and sisters in the choir say AMEN to that!
Amen brothers :cry: Hope everything works out for you guys.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Forum Contributor

I just can't believe that Tracy let's you race so much, knowing that you are needing to get to that yard work. Congrats Damon you worked hard to get where you are at with your car, and keep after it, you will win a big event with that car yet. 8)

My expectations were met this year. I started from scratch and wanted to just be competitive in the class that I built the truck for. Finished the truck just in time to leave for my first race of the season. Loaded it on the trailer and headed to a small town drag about a half hour from here. The truck that is the reigning class champ from the Mid States organization was there, and I did get to race him twice and only lost by a slim margin. That was a huge amount of satisfaction there, as the truck still needs some major tuning and a good set of headers. Took second in Sportsman, first in Super Stock that night. Got ready for the second race and had excellent response from the crowd that day. Blew the tranny and still made second place. Ordered the parts for the tranny with a week or so to get the tranny done, spent a couple of real late nights trying to get it done, but the Good Lord decided I was not going to race the last race of the season. Oh well one first and two second place finishes were very gratifying to me and there is always next year. A big thanks to Doug, Randy B, Frank, Lem, Denny, Bret, and many others here for all of the help getting where I did in such a short time. Start to finish on the project was about 3 months.

89 F150 mud drag truck
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I'm lucky to have a wife that supports my addiction AND she participates when she can. She has a LOT of fun, especially when all the BBF brothers get together at the BBF Bash or NMRA events. 8)

It's Margarita Time Wildman! :P

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Forum Contributor

I was crazy enough to let my wife do the powder puff class at the first race, and she had a ball. :lol: If I wouldn't have been fighting some electrical gremlins she would have won that class. She doesn't complain as much when Lem sends a bill for go fast parts now. 8)

89 F150 mud drag truck
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasea466
Adam and Big D,

We were thinking about you guys the other day when the news reported about the Big 3. It directly affects me as well since I work in the same field........ It's NOT looking good :cry:
It has already affected me, I'm going to be layed off on Saturday. If they're not making cars, they don't need to make steel. And if they aren't making steel they don't need ships to haul iron ore to the steel mills that are shutting down! If things don't pick up soon, I might not even have a job to go back to in the spring. Hope for the best, plan for the worse!
Gary

1992 Mustang GT 502 cu/in-631 hp Street Car
A-429 heads, KOOKS headers, Rollerized C-6
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
We were thinking about you guys the other day when the news reported about the Big 3. It directly affects me as well since I work in the same field........ It's NOT looking good

I dont think they are sellin much, but damn we got a lot of work. Right now its a 2 week wainting list for any major diesel repair or take it someplace else. I rekon the dealer closes up here I got enough customer base i can set up out of my house and make a fine living. I dont want todo that, but these suckers aint gonna be healed overnight.

Now back to the topic, I did manage a few 5.98's, my 60' are still not right, they are better but still.

Plan for 09 is to put a 2 speed in it, get my other car together, and just go race..............

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

back on the topic guys -----Great story Damon.......

All i can say is that i met a bunch of great people from the board and continue to learn alot .... all of you guys should pat yourselves on your back ....you guys have helped motivated me to continue to work and tinker with my car everyday.......

so i ran several 5.96/ 5.98 and ran several 9.37 on a motor that was supposedbly sick, blown head gaskets , gaskets on the wrong way, broken oil pump. There was this little bidy bird that keeped on telling my "DONT SPRAY THE 2ND STAGE " im glad i didnt it could have been a mess.........So my old motor was probably 750 hp if i had to guess the new mill should be right at 800 plus and then i will be adding 2 kits of the funny stuff.........

So my goal for 2009 is to run 9.0's on motor and mid 8's on both stages ---i would like to be able to run some bracket events with the new mill. I really enjoyed the time i had at the bash and learned to respect the guys that do this dial in stuff every weekend, but i will always be a grudge racer at heart

So now that im patiently awaiting the arrival of my new motor im working on some safety stuff for 2009 ....... cant wait to see you guys again at the 2009 Bash and looking foward to meeting the new guys ......

Everyone have a safe 2008 and see yall at a track near you -----oh and just remember i will be turning on the "W" next year....

Bruno

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:20 PM

Two goals............ Not break anything at the bash and Team Sherry holding the big check this year!!! As was started this year, Team Bruno can get in on the photo op to see what it feels like!!! :shock: :lol:

Keith
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm not even touching the motor except for changing the oil, checking spring pressure and pulling the intake to inspect the lifters.

Of course the new Glide thats in the works, and may try to get the total weight down to 3000#'s

If not for having to convert my c4 to fit the smallblock car, finish his motor, put the rear end back together, install the motor and trans, rewire the car etc etc my 529 would be coming out and being made a 560 with the compression it wants lol.

Plan on doing a lot of racing nest year with the both cars, I just need a bigger trailer to get them both there at the same time. We ususally run 2 classes with the 81, man thats some nonstop funnnnn.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Wow Damon, you've been busy. :shock: I work shift work, which knocks out half of my weekends, so my plans weren't nearly as ambitious.

I did some T and T stuff just playing around with different (cheap) experiments that have been done 1000 times.

I ran FFW at VMP, and blew the tires off in the first round. The guy pitted next to me tore the side off of his beautiful Maverick in the same lane a few minutes later. I'm not sure what was going on, but luckily my car went straight instead of turning left like his. That also allowed me to realize I'm getting older, and my reactions aren't what they once were. My car has always hooked well (200 HP and a wide tire :lol: ), but when it started hopping up and down and sliding around, I was so caught off gaurd, I just sat there with my foot on the floor wondering what the hell was happening. :lol: I don't drink when I run, maybe I was off my game. :?

I FINALLY got rmcomprandy's cam into my motor, and broke it in. A simple cam swap turned into a complete R and R teardown to fix a wayward cam bearing. We got it fired up, and I'm pretty sure all the lobes survived. The car idles better, and has throttle response like never before. If the weather holds, and I can get my inner springs put back in, I'm gonna try to run it Saturday.

For 2009, I'm gonna try to keep my job too. I work for Honeywell, and we make stuff for everybody. From fertilizer to turbochargers. I hope diversification will help...............

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in