Hey Bruno, I have a stereo ?? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Hey Bruno, I have a stereo ??

My daughter has a 93 LX 5.0l convertible and last year I put a stereo in it for her.

Alpine CDA 9883 with the IPOD connection
Alpine MRPF550 4 channel amp
Polk Audio MMC 6500 in the front
Pold Audio MMC570 in the rear.

It just sounds like it is missing something. Would it help a lot if I put some dyno mat (or other brand) in the door and build a small enclosure for the tweeter in the dash? I talked to my local stereo guy and he can build a small enclosure for an 8" driver in the trunk for a decent price. We are not looking for rapper bass here just nice quality sound. It is a convertible so there is very limited space in the trunk as it is.

As for the rear speakers there is very little roof to build some type of enclosure or to attach sound deadener to.

What do you think?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Jay do you have the 10 inch tall stickers that go with expensive systems so you can advertise it as a good stealing point? if so those things don't work very well without banner stickers applyed to the out side of the car>>>

J/K sorry just razzing ya bud.....

I just saw a pickup the other day that had Rockford fozgate in 3 foot tall writing on his tailgate what an advertisement for a thief ! I hear the guy 6 blocks away, man I wonder if he could hear it inside the truck????
:shock:

Randy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Jay,

Great system by the way ....

If you do the dynamatt deal it will absolutly help out with the midbass responce from those speakers ---but it still wont give you the warmth of a subwoofer ....Your stereo guy is correct a single 8" in a custom enclosure will definetly fit the bill --you can also use the amp that you already have all you have to do is rewire it --- but you will lose your "fade front to rear " ability ...

When shopping for a sub woofer make sure you get some thing efficient the Alpine amps are great amps but they due lack some balls.....

in my opinion i would go with the JL audio 8w1v2-4 and custom build a ported enclosure and you will be amazed --- very tight and accurate sounding --make sure he regains the system to blend the midbass in with the new added sub-bass also ck were they have the settings on the level of the tweeters -- due to the spacing between the dash location and the door your have phasing and blending issues between the midbass driver and the tweeter Good Luck

Call me if needed also ....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar1969
Jay do you have the 10 inch tall stickers that go with expensive systems so you can advertise it as a good stealing point? if so those things don't work very well without banner stickers applyed to the out side of the car>>>

J/K sorry just razzing ya bud.....

I just saw a pickup the other day that had Rockford fozgate in 3 foot tall writing on his tailgate what an advertisement for a thief ! I hear the guy 6 blocks away, man I wonder if he could hear it inside the truck????
:shock:

Randy

I used to have 4 12's in the bed of a truck, bandpass box though and you had to take 88 screws out to get to the speakers :shock: .... some people are asking for it thats for sure.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Coug,

No everything is hidden in the factory locations. The only thing you can see is the head unit.

Bruno,

WTF dude? Did you move to Lafayette or something? That is everything that my local guy said right down the the sub brand and the wiring. LOL. Your opinion gives me alot of confidence in him.

When I do the stereo in my Falcon it sounds like I will be taking a little trip to Florida. That is an easy sell to the wife.

Thanks a bunch!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:28 PM

Wow Bruno the way you said all that makes me want one I think it can fix my dinner for me, and does it play music also? :shock:

Just Razzin you Buddy

Randy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:40 PM

Speaking of 8's

I had two Kicker L7 8's laying around and installed them in my Honda. Had a local guy build a SPL box (to kickers specs) with one 700.5 amp (about 180w a sub) and those things will amaze you how low they go. Plus they will make the windshield wipers come of the window!!!!

Get this I called kicker and told me the subs where under powered and I should get the 1000.1!!!

I'm impressed with the Kicker L7 subs but one day I'd like to try the JL 13w1 or the new Boston Accoustic oval sub.

93 528cu Lightning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in