WOW ..OKLAHOMA - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
1997superstang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
WOW ..OKLAHOMA

Oklahoma is the first team in history to get 60 point or more in 5 straight games...see that Texas and they wonder why they are not going to the national title game..BOOMER SOONER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: WOW ..OKLAHOMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997superstang
Oklahoma is the first team in history to get 60 point or more in 5 straight games...see that Texas and they wonder why they are not going to the national title game..BOOMER SOONER
They???? I think anybody who can think with common logic is wondering why. Hello..... UT beat OU at a neutral stadium.

Running game scores up after having them won time after time shows the difference in coaches. Mack Brown is a gentleman. Stoops is not.

Unfortunately when computers and numbers are what's used to decide national championships, running scores up is what needs to be done. Stoops did what needed to be done to get a #4 team to the BCS title game.

Go Gators!!! :shock: Did I say that? :roll:

Since that *** Steve Spurrier is gone, I can like Florida.

I would be wishing OU luck in the BCS title game if the fans weren't such poor sports. You didn't see me on here talking smack when our guys were headed to the Rose Bowl to win the National title in '06.

Enjoy it while it lasts OU fans. Living in Oklahoma....Well at least you have College football.

Bob Meyer
www.BIGBLOCKFOX.com
'69 Mach1 390 4-spd, '64 Falcon Futura
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 AM
1997superstang

Re: WOW ..OKLAHOMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBob_M
Quote:
They???? I think anybody who can think with common logic is wondering why. Hello..... UT beat OU at a neutral stadium.

Running game scores up after having them won time after time shows the difference in coaches. Mack Brown is a gentleman. Stoops is not.

Unfortunately when computers and numbers are what's used to decide national championships, running scores up is what needs to be done. Stoops did what needed to be done to get a #4 team to the BCS title game.

Go Gators!!! :shock: Did I say that? :roll:

Since that *** Steve Spurrier is gone, I can like Florida.

I would be wishing OU luck in the BCS title game if the fans weren't such poor sports. You didn't see me on here talking smack when our guys were headed to the Rose Bowl to win the National title in '06.

Enjoy it while it lasts OU fans. Living in Oklahoma....Well at least you have College football.
enjoy it while it last...that's a good cause we have been enjoying it for about 10 years now...Texas beat ****..Texas beat crap..Texas beat a brick..don't care OKLAHOMA is going to the big game...that's all that matters ..not who beat who where and why...TEXAS is not going cause they lack ..mm .well everything, saying Stoops is not a gentleman is retarded ..no one cares if that is all Texas has to offer is .our coach is better ,,then OT needs to be at home..yep..OU lost to UT..but UT lost to TT and then OU strapped it on TT ***..so now what...and not by a few point either...just like 5 other games now..by 60 points or more baby...so TEXAS fans needs to stop crying...l

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 AM

College football sucks. I love how people who have no affiliation at all with a school jump on the bandwagon. Not saying anyone in this discussion did. I just see it happen all the time.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Florida will spank their tails..tell em Bruno :lol:

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 AM

The national chapionship game was played last night Florida / Alabama and Oklahoma wasn't even a contender.

That BCS stuff is for the birds.

93 528cu Lightning
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65comet404
College football sucks. I love how people who have no affiliation at all with a school jump on the bandwagon. Not saying anyone in this discussion did. I just see it happen all the time.
I have heard a lot of this lately. So does this mean we can't cheer for any of the Pro Football teams? Better yet, can we not cheer for your favorite Nascar driver? None of us have anything in common with those two either.

93 528cu Lightning
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65comet404
discuss........................

a bandwagon fan(also know as "insert name here") is a phrase used among sports and sport writers to describe a fan that only roots for popular and successful sports franchises. This kind of fan is typically despied by fan who consider themselves "diehard fans". Other similar terms for bandwagon fans (insert misc member name here) are fair-weather fans, fake fans, t-shirt fans, and disloyal fans

Characteristics

A bandwagon fan (____), also called a "fair weather fan" supports their team only when it is winning. They will often "jump" on and off the "bandwagon" of the teams having the most recent success in the major professional and college sports. They generally don't care if their adopted team has a bad season, or even a bad game, as they ultimately don't care too much about the team.

A bandwagon fan (____) will often leave a game before completion should their adopted team be losign

A bandwagon fan (_____) will cheer for another team than his own if his own team is not doing well.

A bandwagon fan (_____) will only support "their" team when they are succesful, but claim they have always supported them.

However just because a sports team wins frequently does not mean the team will have bandwagon fans (______). A team must not only win but mst have dynamic and popular players to be on the team for successful "bandwagon fandom"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
The national chapionship game was played last night Florida / Alabama and Oklahoma wasn't even a contender
x2
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
1997superstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudracer1978
Quote:
The national chapionship game was played last night Florida / Alabama and Oklahoma wasn't even a contender
x2
mm..that's strange cause what i seen was Alabama get knock smooth *** out...you must have been watching it in Texas..the bcs game is in a few weeks..which won or lose will be Oklahoma and Florida , not TEXAS
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM

That football is just a distraction to keep one out of the shop............not that it distracts me lol.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Is there a difference between a "bandwagon" fan and a "fair weather" fan?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)

Rule number 1 ... !

www.rmcompetition.com

R.M. Competition - The finest Custom Engine Building for any venue ... !
Selling Parts and Supplies from companies I use ... 1(586)909-1591

CUSTOM ground camshafts
Carburetor modifications for specific applications
CNC porting
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudracer1978
Quote:
x2
mm..that's strange cause what i seen was Alabama get knock smooth *** out...you must have been watching it in Texas..the bcs game is in a few weeks..which won or lose will be Oklahoma and Florida , not TEXAS
You must really hate Texas to bring the name up in every reference. Jeez :roll:
Comes back to living in OK I guess....I'd be pissed off too... No... I'd move to Texas and jump on a different bandwagon. :mrgreen:

Bob Meyer
www.BIGBLOCKFOX.com
'69 Mach1 390 4-spd, '64 Falcon Futura
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Forum Contributor

There is a sign up in the visitors locker room in Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. It says "You will never lose in a nicer place". Win or lose our fans will treat any other teams with respect and dignity. I wish this was the case with the other teams in college football, and their fans. 8)

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in