NEW FORD PRO STOCK HEADLINES !!!! - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

NEW FORD PRO STOCK HEADLINES !!!!

All members that are interested in the future of Fords Pro Stock program should go to www.competitionplus.com and read the latest,It was posted just a little bit ago. Timothy Blair Sr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 01:55 PM

I personally do not know how Ford or any of the big three expect to have any extra curricular activities when they are begging for bailout money. Hope they find a way to do it, but seems like bad timing to me.

Travis
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM

If the government would leave them alone and stop forcing them to make cars people don't want. Get rid of CAFE standards and allow them to import the small cars they might need they wouldn't need OUR money. It is not the government's money.

The money will go right into the union's pockets anyway.

I got a great idea, let the feds buy $15 billion dollars worth of cars. That makes more sense. Then let the feds try to sell them to us.

Why do you want a group of people making $17/hr to subsidize a group of people making $28/hour?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM

That is so fantastic. I have gotten to the point that I quit watching the Pro Stock because I'm sick of a GM dominated field.

Travis - You have to look at the situation. GM is flat broke and basically the bailout will only help the unions anyway. The difference in Ford and GM is the fact that Ford is in decent shape right now and only asking for a bridge loan if GM and Chrysler go under and they are the only "Big 3" company left standing. If that scenario happens then Ford will have to step up production because there are still people in this company that will only buy American cars.

Great news for us Ford folks. At my local track there is usually 60 cars and of that 60 less than 10 are Fords!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerman
If the government would leave them alone and stop forcing them to make cars people don't want. Get rid of CAFE standards and allow them to import the small cars they might need they wouldn't need OUR money. It is not the government's money.

The money will go right into the union's pockets anyway.

I got a great idea, let the feds buy $15 billion dollars worth of cars. That makes more sense. Then let the feds try to sell them to us.

Why do you want a group of people making $17/hr to subsidize a group of people making $28/hour?
I don't want the feds to buy 15 billion dollars worth of cars....because they'd be using MY MONEY to do it. If Americans then bought those cars from the feds, they'd be buying them TWICE. No thanks. Leave the gummint out of it. They're the only group of people I can think of who are WORSE at handling money than the compaies they claim to be bailing out.

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Cylinder head

I spoke with Jim on his way to Dearborn a few weeks ago. He is really excited about the new parts.

It's going to be a real nice cylinder head. Should fix all the problems that the E-460 has.

Gary,
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 PM

Exactly what moodyblues first sentence was, as soon as the nitro cars were over i would immedietly turn the channel becuse i knew what was next(unless pro stock bikes were racin i love wachin them) THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME FOR FORD IN PROSTOCK!!!!!

1973 f-100 shortbox, tubbed, narrowed 9-inch,
557 stroker build up coming soon. Will be my new little hotrod, time for something other than mustangs!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Imagine if Ford took the money they use on that stupid ignorant for of racing known as NASCAR...and pumped it all into a ProStock NHRA effort!!

Good bye Warren and Kurt Johnson, Jason Line, Greg Anderson, Jegs, and all the other GM fairies!! 8)

As the world turns...I get more dizzy!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM

if they used half the money they wasted in nascar we would dominate pro-stock

70 cyclone spoiler 429scj 70 mach 1 mustang 638 cu. in. nmra oc 9201 2010 z-max open comp runner up
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Only issue is NASCAR has a bunch more Fans and Much Bigger Events.... More Payback for the $$$ spend in an Accountants eyes.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

It sure wont break my heart to see Greg Anderson's smart *** loss some of his good fortune with GM. I am tired of hearing his interview about how he feels he should be doing better then he is.....He ruled Pro Stock for years and its about time he has to deal with some money issues.

Also wont miss his bitch wife always dancing around on the starting line like a premodonna. Timothuy Blair Sr.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock1869
It sure wont break my heart to see Greg Anderson's smart *** loss some of his good fortune with GM. I am tired of hearing his interview about how he feels he should be doing better then he is.....He ruled Pro Stock for years and its about time he has to deal with some money issues.

Also wont miss his bitch wife always dancing around on the starting line like a premodonna. Timothuy Blair Sr.
I agree. The wife has nice boobs though.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

What are they looking to change about the E-460 head to better work with a NHRA style P/S car? How old is the "E" head design anyway?

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. Dave::
460 street '66 Ranchero.......................finished someday.
460 race '70 Maverick..........................finished someday.
All 'glass Top Sportsman '69 Mustang......ummm, check back when I win big playing the Texas Lotto, or online poker.
My youtube page. Some ancient & newer local race video.

Join the Poker Players Alliance (theppa.org). US online poker should NOT be turned into a crime.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I think the E460 were available in '96or '97
Frank
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I'm on record that NHRA and NASCAR are a waste of money . Poor use of marketing dollars . The wifes are going to buy a itshy-toy-zo is if they want one and daddy can't get out of telling the kids ......."if you get good grades I'll buy you what you want ".........They want a hundo-itsy-poo .
The NASCAR crowd at this point is driver loyal .......not brand loyal .
Pro-stock is nolonger any part of stock .......all pro and no stock .

B F Evans Race Parts
270-278-2376
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in