Race Car and Trailer Insurance? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Race Car and Trailer Insurance?

Do any of you guys carry Insurance on your Race Cars and/or Enclosed Trailers? I read an article in the NMRA Race Pages last year regarding Race Car Insurance and Iíve been putting it off until now. A friend just lost his race car AND enclosed trailer. It got me thinking that I need to check into this insurance coverage.

In summary, the race car is covered in storage, to and from the race track, in the pits but NOT if itís in the staging lanes or on the race track. Say someone steals your trailer and car, your covered. Your in an accident while towing somewhere, itís covered. You get the point.

So who has insurance, whoís it with and how much coverage? Iím getting a quote from www.heacockclassic.com

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"
http://photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i have insurance on my car and trailer from statefarm --- 75 per year on the trailer and 600 per year on the car ---- got the car appraised and its just covered from theft ---thats it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Nick,

I got a quote from my auto insurance provider on just the trailer and it was more than the quote I'm getting from heacockclassic.com for the trailer AND the car. You may want to check with them and see.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

"If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway"

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno
i have insurance on my car and trailer from statefarm --- 75 per year on the trailer and 600 per year on the car ---- got the car appraised and its just covered from theft ---thats it
State Farm here too.Car is covered while towing with MY truck.At the track I'm on my own.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM

insurance

Damon,

I got a quote from Heacock also, knid of. I sent a CD with pics and a detailed list of the car and parts. Basically, thye charge $1 per $100 based on teh value of the car. I was sending $300 for $30,000 worth of coverage. They told me the car was covered for anything except the staging lanes or on the track surface. It was explained this was theft, fire, accident, weather, etc. I thought it was a great idea and still plan to do it.

My problem, they will not cover the car in the trailer unless it is all in a locked structure. I do not own a shop. My car stays in the trailer in the yard. I installed a security system (Pro Tec One) and have it locked 3 ways, two on the tongue and a chain on a large pine tree. They would not cover it in this capacity. They told me if I put the car in a self storage building they would cover it. That was going to cost twice as much as the insurance. I have since been trying to arrange to park the trailer and car in a buddies shop but have not been successful yet. I'm kind of stuck for the time being, short of lying my A&* off, which is not my nature.

In my opinion, I cannot afford to NOT insure my racing operation and will try my best to meet the needs of the insurance company and get my car insured. If I had a shop it would already be done.

Good luck
Kerry

Kerry Clark
1968 Coupe Mustang, 466, 2388 lbs.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Kerry,

Good information, I forgot to list that in my first post. I e-mailed pictures of my car, shop and trailer along with the car information. I keep my car stored in the shop and the only time it's in the trailer is before or after a race so therefore it would be covered. I forgot to tell him that it's also protected by Smith & Wesson :lol:

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Good idea. All I can say is I have Parrish-Heathcock on both my cars. One is fully insured and my Mustang has the race car coverage... for towing, pit damage while parked and theft, yada, yada,yada, like you said. Good company .... but I have have not needed to file a claim. So when that time comes (which I hope never) I'll find out then. Been dealing with them for several years now. Premium for the Mustang is alot cheaper with them than with my normal carrier ( for comp) along with better perks. Don't have that info readily handy. Go for it!

MIKE

SCJ REBEL'S
528 cu in "SNAKE POWERED"
Fab It Racing 586-703-0675
Dan "The Sticker Man" Hobbs
Team Z
Tony

Best to date [email protected]

If there were no fools there'd be no fun!!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
That is the benefit of having an older car. I have collector car insurance on all my cars but one (so my girls can drive it). The 56 and 64 Falcon are about $600/year for full coverage (except racing of course) at an agreed value. I have it with my allstate policy but it is through Hagerty. I have never made a claim but have heard positive things about most of the larger companies.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
What about the chassis cars that have no title etc....?

572CI 1978 Mustang Cobra II-Ron's Terminator-Alky Injection
532CI 1972 Maverick-Ron's Terminator-Alky Injection
2000 Excursion 7.3 Powerstroke "TS-6 position chip"
2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke "TS-6 position chip"
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You guys might want to check this place. I saw it on yellowbullet and am planning on checking with them myself. THey insure the car any time except on the racing surface under power and the rates look reasonable for the whole operations. http://www.dragracersinsurance.com/

Kevin Meine
1969 Mustang Mach 1
[email protected]
NMRA O/C 9139
10th in points for 2005
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 AM

I second Bill Horton as pkpony said.

Snowball Racing
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by away
What about the chassis cars that have no title etc....?
As long as you have some way to identify the car like a Chassis certification number or something like that.

Damon Sea
1983 Mustang
534ci

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in