Happy holidays, your fired.... ok just laid off - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy holidays, your fired.... ok just laid off

just got called from work, due to the automotive slow down they are eliminating 2 of the 3 runs to seward tenneco which is the plant I deliver too, and since tenneco requested the late run to be the one that stays and I am on the middle run I just got laid off.
The office is looking at it, since A. we have seniority over the other two teams by several years. B. our run was the ONLY run 3yrs ago and at the time was set to deliver at 5 but was moved up to put the third run in which delivers at 5:30 now so honestly our run WAS that run until it was changed by the company. C. in 5-1/2 yrs we didn't make it ONE day and that was because we were trapped in a truck stop and the interstate was closed by the state, and have only been late less then a handful of times that was our fault (all the other times was because the relay driver was late, or cross dock/dispatch didn't get them out in time) D. the Team that is on that later run has already missed making their delivery 3 times THIS WINTER and over a dozen times in the 2yrs they have been on the run, as well as having been late at least once a week and haven't been on time yet this week at all (we have been early even though it snowed Monday and Tuesday) And E. the guy in the other truck has caused the company a lot of problems including actually costing them a run because of attitude.
So keep your fingers crossed and if you believe in it could sure use the prayers that they decide to keep us instead.

They did say the run was supposed to come back at the end of Jan or early Feb and they won't fight us on unemployment plus since it's considered a layoff we don't have to do the job search, OR if want to find another temp job when it comes back we can have it with full seniority and current time in meaning pay and vacation benefits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
Well hopefully you can get unemployment to carry you over. It would be nice if someone was eligible to accept all the money I pay every year that I an not eligible for.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I feel you my company laid us off last Tuesday, and they told everybody ~45 minutes before the end of the day. I/we are under a contract with Mercedes and they had already cut us way back. I may or may not be going back but if I do I could still get laid off permanent soon!!!

Best wishes!!! It sure does suck, to much time and no money!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsbyjay
Well hopefully you can get unemployment to carry you over. It would be nice if someone was eligible to accept all the money I pay every year that I an not eligible for.
I don't think the unemployment is going to be a problem from what they told me so far.

jpierce55 I hear ya, I do have some work that needs to be done to the house and I have most of the material to do that so, there is one project, and I have to clean out the old garage which entails hauling off a lot of scrape iron etc, plus some other stuff I have a place I can haul to legally for free (friend of mine is doing a landfill on his place and it allows for some construction materials and he says I can dumb there all I need to) might even get that garage all cleaned out and torn down so that when back to work have a spot ready to build a new shop on when I can afford it.

I am still against the bailouts (just think that government getting involved with private industry is a really bad idea and will make things worse in the end)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Well Rob, I feel for ya Son ! Hopefully you go back to work sooner than I did...I was laid off q year ago last Nov...So I may have to go back to driving Truck...but not OTR....

Between the wife working and my Un-enjoyment....we were able to make ends meet....and if something doesnt break by Jan or Feb...I'll be looking for a partner to knock off Banks with !! LOL

~Russ
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

well Russ that is what I do (drive truck, not knocking off banks LOL ) I don't want to go back OTR either but probably wouldn't have to much trouble with 14yrs experience and hazmat.

I have been working on getting out of debt in the last year, was actually going to pay off the credit cards this next week but may reconsider now (glad they told me before I sent that check so I still have the money available for other bills and just pay min for now) and the explorer which with the money I was going to pay off the credit cards I can make 3 payments on. House and my pickup are paid for so just have to worry about the basic stuff like elec, water, ins etc so I think with unemployment and what I have in savings that I was going to pay stuff off with I can get by for a couple months anyway. And hoping to get rid of some of my extra parts might still be able to pay off the CC balances.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Forum Contributor

Good luck Rob on keeping your job or finding another. Where I work seniority would keep your job, but I work at a union job. (Teamster)
As far as the unemployment, here in Ky. if your "laid off", you will not be denied unemployment regardless of what your employer says, that is what unemployment insurance is for.

Once again good luck.

David,

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

1977 F-150 4X4 SWB
Mud/Dirt drags.
460 + ?
4.5 Bore X ?

and who cares,
if your winning your cheating, just ask the
bowtie guys
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRuss
Well Rob, I feel for ya Son ! Hopefully you go back to work sooner than I did...I was laid off q year ago last Nov...So I may have to go back to driving Truck...but not OTR....

Between the wife working and my Un-enjoyment....we were able to make ends meet....and if something doesnt break by Jan or Feb...I'll be looking for a partner to knock off Banks with !! LOL

~Russ
Hell, the banks don't have any money either. :lol:

let it happen.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 PM

Sorry to hear that. Probably going to hit a lot of people before this is all over.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ebsightpic.jpg
1970 Cougar Eliminator
512ci
10.42 ET 133mph
All [email protected]
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Forum Contributor

Sorry to hear the bad news Rob. :cry: At least you are prepared and have some reserve to tide you by, there are a lot of people who are going to be laid off and aren't in as good of shape as you are. My prayers are with you and yours. 8)

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:35 PM

sorry to hear about this rob. seems like kinda a bad deal by the company you work for . they might be in the same boat as the auto makers if they dont make better desicions there selves . brad
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 PM

Sorry to here. I joined the club today.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:14 AM

Im an Electrician , I just missed a big lay-off Tuesday. It's coming though ????? is when.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:28 AM

i joined the club today also but not officially until jan 5th 09.

we were told today that the orders had dried up over night.friday dec 19th was our last day to work until jan 5th.after the 5th we are expected to be temporarly layed off through the end of jan.also 2 of the big 3 anounced they would be shut down until the first week of feb.

i work for borgwarner we make the fans and fan drives for the us auto makers includeing toyota.this year we have took an *** beating starting with the axel strike,then gas prices got out of hand.in the new year they will probably be less than 100 people working their.when i went to work for borgwarner 12yrs ago their was over 600 people.

with all of the bad news comeing in about the stock market scams we dont seam to be going to get a brake anytime soon.so yes i am praying for all of us!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 AM

Wow !! I didnt realize that there were this many of us laid off already! I guess there's gonna be a few more hotrods sitting on jackstands in the garage and a few engine builds put on hold because of this !

I think the Gov. otta give all of us a million dollar bail out each..(those of us over 50) to free up the jobs for the Kids!! LOL

~Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in