over weight - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
1997superstang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
over weight

when i got married at age 21 , i weighted 205, now i am 34 still married to the same woman , but weigh 320, most people guess my weight at 250 or so, i am 6'2, , we recently had a company sponsored health test at work , my cholesterol is bad, and blood pressure is ok..so i am going to cut the weigh down. is there anyone here that has a diet that worked good for them, my long time goal is 230-250 range..not to mention the stang would be faster..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Life style change not a diet.

Tom Williams
Big Block 36 Ford 1 ton truck 460 5spd
1929 Ford Model A
1972 Gran Torino Sport
1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
2006 Ford Ranger
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...emod4fun36.jpg
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Monitor what you eat for carbs, calories, fat, etc. Try taking one item out of your diet that fits one of these categories.

For example your highest sugar/calorie is pop. Eliminate the pop.
Perhaps if you eat a great deal of bread/flour products eliminate them.

Don't go drastically changing your diet. It sets you up for failure. Different people respond to different diets in different ways. Whatever diet you choose needs to be something you are willing to do forever!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

ive tried all the diets ---they dont work you will put more weight on-- here is a link to my fat loss journal --i started out at 262 my goal is to be at 200 also you will find my meals that i eat through out the day and join the site and you will meet alot of people with the same issues

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112320051

pm me if you need any help --- i myself am in the early stages of this lifestyle change and i feel great !!!!!

Bruno

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM

Cut down on the amount you eat at every meal. At night if you snack you have to stop the junk food. Eat fruit and vegies instead. You have to exercise also, you don't have to kill yourself. Go for a walk with the wife, park the car further away from the door, and walk a bit.
But don't take it from me I'm 56 5'4" short, and weigh a wopping 110 Lbs.
Fortunately I can eat anything I want and don't gain weight. I do exercise and eat as much as I want.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Forum Contributor

Buy only name brand engine parts. That way you have less income available for food.

:shock:

Seriously, though, my wife made a big lifestyle change when she learned she was suffering from the early symptoms of diabetes.

She cut out the sugar from her diet, and began a walking regimen. Since that time, she has dropped 50 lbs and her diabetes is so well controlled, that her blood tests come back negative now.

Greg

In Limbo at all times
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 PM
1997superstang

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
i know about ther pop..i drink at least 5 20oz dews a day...so thats gone..the candy is gone and the bread ..etc...i just started ...this sucks ***
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:45 PM

Quitting smoking was easier than the dieting, I dropped from 220 to 170 like some 7 years ago, it was a deal the wife was doing, and I just ate the same stuff she did along with reducing portion size. Cut the sodas out except for the few diet ones I could tolerate.

We both started going to the gym, but this was after all the weight loss. She lost over 100#s and myself the amount mentioned above. I loved the weight lifting, I stopped with the birth of our daughter, it was damn near impossible to get up at 5 in the morning and go when you had 3 hours of sleep lol.

I would love to start back, but I'm afraid my years of lugging these piles of shyt diesel engine parts and stuff have took their toll on my shoulder joints etc, that and it seemed my muscles when I lifted would tolerate more than my joints would, was always pulling somthing.

It is a lifestyle change, you have to be dedicated and want to do it. I even tried some of the fad diets and all it did was make me more frumpy and intollerable than I already am.

Good luck with whatever you try, and keep with it, even if you have a weak moment just get back on the horse and keep on riding.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 PM

I'm a bit of a pork chop myself, walking and kicking carbs, and soda helps.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Dr. Atkins figured it out 30 years ago. We are carnivores. Get over the guilt and eat all of the dead animals that you can. :twisted: :twisted: All the rest is rabbit food.

Where's my beer and that half inch wrench?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...cecar066-1.jpg
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 PM

you arent looking for a diet, those are temporary at best anyways.

you want a meal plan, which means that you need to learn what to eat. when to eat and how much to eat. right now you have no disciplines and no knowledge of food intake.........no need to post a fat joke based off of that sentence.

if you work a "normal" daytime schedule and go to bed at 10'ish, then your last "heavy" meal must be by 6pm. when you eat later than this you must know what to eat.
I will happily share a "generic/common" meal plan with you when I return from vacation if you like, just send me a pm.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 PM

I found a web site that shows you how many caliores you burn sleeping,walking ,reading,tapping the old lady and so on. It helped me figure how much I was burning and packing on in a 24 hour time frame. I am not on my computer but I belive it is caloriesperhour.com.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-24-2008, 11:30 PM

I tried the Akins deal, I love meat but it got old and expensive real fast. The weight comes off of it but i can imagine having to eat that limited diet for the rest of my life. It made me so edgy that is nearly cost me a divorce, and i have a very understanding wife lol.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 05:45 AM

There's no real secret or any sort of fad diet that is needed. It's called simple math. Expend more than you take in. Walking is great. Walk a 1/2 hour 3-4 times a week. Maybe a little light weight lifting. I have heard that muscle burns more energy than fat so if you increase your muscle to fat ratio the body burns more just to function.

Good luck.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 12:00 PM

Everyone on here is correct. Lifestyle is the key. Change the foods your body craves. Get some exercise. It WILL get easier. Cut back on sweets. I did a year or two ago and I no longer crave a coke or pepsi. I eat carrots and broc on my first break at work instead of the Rockstar and mini donuts I ate 3 yrs ago. It's true. I actually like the veggies with a squirt of ranch better. The people I know think I am some kind of health nut which slightly true. I do like my natural foods. Beer is my #1 choice however, not so good. Tres....

533 powered 1961 falcon , my car. Hot Rods and Tuners ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in