I need everyone's help with dfree383 - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I need everyone's help with dfree383

I had to delete a post this morning, yet again, because of Dave's actions. In a nutshell, Dave again decided to take it upon himself to browbeat someone over an inconsequential post. Things could have been handled better on both sides, and I have addressed that with the other poster, but as usual Dave was at the core of the issue.

As most know, I banned Dave earlier this year and let him back on the board due to overwhelmingly man love expressed by others.

So here's the deal, I've informed Dave that this is his last warning and I will ban him the next time he insults or otherwise attacks someone for no good reason. It's that simple.

I usually don't air these type things publicly, but I figure I'd let everyone know the deal so they understand he's getting a fair shake, and I figure I'd give his buddies the opportunity to help him out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this Really Necessary? :roll:
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Where's the post :?: In what section :?:
Dave,Are we going to have too set you in the corner Sat. :lol:

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

Having spent some time with Dave in person on several occasions I've found him to be a funny, down to earth and genuinely nice guy. At least I've enjoyed his company. I just wonder if it's a case of typing on a keyboard not being an expressive enough way to communicate. Was some comment taken wrong in some way? he just doesn't seem like a mean spirited guy in any way and I'd hate to see him banned. Maybe some sort of warning in his avatar would be appropriate. "read with caution" etc... Or maybe that thing that Monty Python always had at the beginning of an episode, the face with the eyes rolling around and crossing and warning the easily offended to cover their ears.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic --Arthur C. Clarke

Dave McLain
McLain's Automotive
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 AM

IMO, it's not just Dave here that beats up on people. If you're gonna enforce it w/ him, others need to be warned andor /banned as well to be fair....Not flaming anyone, don't wanna get flamed, just my opinion.............

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2158/ricksadql2.jpg
www.rickscarcare.net
Big Thanks to Chris Corey
aka TopSportsman916
[email protected] ALL MOTOR - NO KOOLAID
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtek1
IMO, it's not just Dave here that beats up on people. If you're gonna enforce it w/ him, others need to be warned andor /banned as well to be fair....Not flaming anyone, don't wanna get flamed, just my opinion.............
I have to agree, I have seen some others that beat on people. We all argue sometimes. I have at times been aggressive on the board myself. I know the recent post Chilly mentions but not the past so I don't know the entire story. In the end Chilly has to do what he feels is best for the forum and we have to respect that.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No, Dave, it's not necessary for the other 4400 users that can control themselves. I did it because I want folks to know what's going on, and I don't get floods of email later on telling me that I'm wrong.

Dave McLain, I know where you're coming from, and several others said the same thing in effect in the past. I read the posts, and there's no way I misinterpreted him calling a guy an "ignorant ***" in a post when the other fellow had not attacked him in any way. It's not the first time he's gone off on someone.

And yes, I agree with some of the other comments, I've received a few PMs from several different folks not happy with this new attitude the board has taken. Lots of bullying, for lack of a better term. I've addressed it recently, and I will be monitoring as we hit the new year. I'm coming down on Dave because he seems to always be at the forefront of these things, but I know of a few others.

I don't enjoy this stuff, but I also don't want to see the forum negatively impacted to a point where guys stay away from posting due to a few individuals.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 PM

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 12:13 PM

on a serious note lets lighten up guys its new years eve ---- sometimes it hard to communicate threw the keyboard but the guy did need to come up with some casting numbers "bottom line "--defree looks out for everyones best interest and it bites him in the *** ....he is a great guy ..he is just looking out for the rest of us...

happy new year everyone

no disrespect Chilly i do understand were you are coming from .....

Bruno

ps -- hes not the reason alot of the "smart ones" dont post on here anymore

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 PM

I know I come off harsh at times but anyone who knows me will tell ya I use a lot of sarcasism, the keyboard can be misleading.

Nick, we pick on you because its so easy...........

I'll be around tonight, as the hours wear on dont take me too literaly, the whiskey will be a flowin' at the Faubion residence tonight.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 PM

I have been biting my tongue and I have it about half bit off, but I am trying to just not care as much and biting my tongue and sometimes just not coming on here till I cool off... I figured out there are some people you can help then there are the ones that there is NO help for Period...

Chilly thanks for this Board it is alot of our home away from Home. The friends we have here are priceless. you included although you don't come on much any more...

you once said don't say it here if you wouldn't say it in person , I know you and I haven't met but I have met a bunch of these great folks and they know I would say it in person, it's just the way I am. My Bosses now are real selective about asking the question the right way cuz they know I will voice my oppinion...

Thanks for your time..
Randy
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Send a message via AIM to frank13
As very new guy on this board here is my opinion:

In regards to the thread in question, I am sooooooooo glad it is gone. But in defense of "dfree" he was just trying to help. The op refused to add a price to his post or answer any questions about said motor. And that is absolutely wrong! Did "dfree" push his buttons ,yes. But I think we need some rules for the Auction section where people HAVE to list where they live, price, and hopefully a pic. Questions asked in the post should be answered! Simple! If i wanted to communicate via pm, I would just pm the person instead of asking in the thread.

but in reality people need to have thicker skin! But when personal attacks and threats ARE made they need to be shown the door.

I have had some asshole-ish responses to some of my "stupid" questions, but I have also recieved some great advice from many people on here on more than one occassion. So I have learned to take the good with the bad, and thankfully there is alot of good loving here! :O)

My .02 cents
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 01:57 PM

post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM

Chilly in Defense of Dfree I think he made a valid point, be new or old member. it would be nice to have a location you live and when selling a part Put a price on it...... I have never seen any good come out of a part with no price put on it..... we are not mind readers... if you wish to sell something all we ask is you take a little pride and put a price on what you are selling...

I saw a part a long while back a guy was selling and no price and wouldn't put one on it said make offer. I offered and he got all PISSED cuz he thought it was an insult to him...... I PMed him and explained thats why you price things... and still happens every day. It would also be nice if some of these guy's in the Auction Block would realize there is more areas in this forum than the Auction Block. If they just here to sell Ebay it... sorry Just honest oppinion

Randy
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM

If your asking for help with opinions, my vote is to ban him..period!
IMHO i feel the forum would greatly benefit.......

70' Maverick , 557 A-Head 8.90's...1969 #MATCHING MACH1 428 CJ RESTORED 1 of 1....1970 HEMI CHALLANGER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in