Video from November open track/test day at Infineon - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Video from November open track/test day at Infineon

There is a '66 Fairlane and towards the end of the clip a Mercury Cougar, also a Cobra.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4016847/10870179
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FACracr
Toasted a vette on the outside :lol:
Ate the ferrari on the strait :lol:
That's priceless

dunno
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM

Loved the video. Glad you shared it with everybody.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ebsightpic.jpg
1970 Cougar Eliminator
512ci
10.42 ET 133mph
All [email protected]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Damn Matt, you come out of 11 so fast , I know our Ralt was slower. No B.S. I spent so many weekends at Sears Point and for you to run with Supercuts chevy.!! These straightliners have no idea how fast you car really is. Tres....

533 powered 1961 falcon , my car. Hot Rods and Tuners ....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 PM

That was totlly awesome !!! It felt like I was riding along , thar car was so much faster than anything else there it was unreal. Thanks for the ride :lol:

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the comments guys. The car is working pretty well. There are a few points that might be of interest:

You might find the sound track is a little off in places. That correlates with the fact that it sounds pretty tame compared with some of my other videos or those of small block cars, which for obvious reasons donít get near as much done at low rpm. The reason this video is different from some of my others is that the microphones were in the trunk and being recorded by a Sony video walkman that was also recording the video from the rear facing camera, so the forward facing camera is not associated with soundtrack. I just tried to match them up in editing and did not have the patience to do it perfectly. Also, in addition to being in the back where there was no induction or drive train noise, the microphones were musician quality Ė the kind used for recording, so the usual raw/saturated effect is not there.

It may also seem like I am pedaling it a lot around there, but the fact is one of those laps was a low 1:42 despite traffic and the fastest I have run at that track is a 1:41.5, so I was feeling pretty good about it. If you search YouTube for in-car videos of Sprint Cup cars youíll find there is not a lot of difference for the same turns (their T4-7 is different), though they hammer their cars a lot more Ė big difference between getting paid big bucks and having to write checks to race, as I am sure you all know.
Part of the deal with the open track test sessions is to play nice. In fact they tell us not to pass in turns, which is almost impossible at Infineon because there is almost always some side load on the car there. I was trying to be careful to make sure the other drivers knew I was there before passing in a turn.

Facon8r makes dang flattering point, since Ralts and very F*cking fast road racers, but right turns are also where BBF torque actually seems to help handling. Since my car has a solid axle the torque reaction from the ring and pinion really seems to work well by planting the outside rear tire coming off turn 11 and turn 7, which are the two horseshoe right turns. T7 does not seem so impressive since I come off it in from low rpm in third, vs. second in T11 (T7 is a little faster than 11), but Iíve found the thing pulls well enough in third that the extra shift coming out of T7 before the esses it not worth it. The negative side of the torque effect is on-throttle push coming off left turns and you can see it in the carousel (T6) before the stretch leading into T7 and also turn 9 and turn 1 to some extent; turn 3 is a non-event relatively speaking. I started running a heavier spring on the right rear than the left rear and it helps a lot with this condition.

By the way the stretch going into T7 is also the uphill runoff section for the Infineon drag strip, as illustrated ...

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 10:44 PM

the sound was what made it even cooler..I can't believe how hard you pulled those other cars when you'd pass them,then rolling in and out of the throttle..Man i loved that :lol:

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in