2009 WINTER TECH SEMINAR (post report) - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2009 WINTER TECH SEMINAR (post report)

Well here I sit droopy eyed and a bit tired this morning from lack of sleep, as many of you may be as well! My condition is not a plea of sympathy, but a testament to the magnitude of excitement, education and entertainment that the 2009 Winter Tech Seminar provided! Simply said, for me to sit during the presentations and not fall asleep was, just short of amazing!

I would like to thank all the speakers who gave excellent presentations. The vendors who provided great information and displays. Most of all Charlie! We take Charlie for granted at times because he's "very thick skinned". Charlie along with others went more than the extra mile to make the 2009 Winter Tech Seminar happen, and with that said, thank you Charlie.

Personally I would like to apologize to Colin and the audience for my introduction of Colin to the audience. It was on short notice that I introduce Colin, and that was no excuse! I have followed Colin's accomplishments throughout the 2008 NHRA season and posted those results on the 460ford.com's board many times. I couldn't put those accomplishments in perspective once at the podium as I should have, although I made an attempt to include a few of Colin's accomplishments after Colin addressed the audience, I'm not sure I did a darn bit better! With all that said, Colin, my apologizes and too the audience.

I had a great time. I though it was an educational experience. An opportunity to met 460ford.com posters, to re-visit with the people I have met in the past, to shake the hands of the engine experts and to enjoy the company of people who share their enjoyment of automobiles and the automotive performance industry. Looking forward to next years Winter Tech Seminar.

Thanks to all for making my day at the 2009 Winter Tech Seminar very enjoyable!

Dave.

Masters Degree in Perverted Idiocy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM

Dave, I did'nt have the pleasure of meeting you yesterday,but I was wondering who you were. I heard Charlie introduce you but did'nt put the name w/your forum name. With that said, I thought you did a great job helping explain Colin's accomplishments. I also thought what a good friend you must be too him, because it showed. So don't apoligise for what I thought a great job. Next time Rick

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks Dave for your kind words. Now then I think this means I've got to buy you breakfast the next time, right? :lol: :twisted:

I was pleased with all of our quest speakers and want to sincerely thank them.

Guys, when Donald Bowles and Donnie Bowles gave their presentation, starting with a '61 Starliner 390 CID 401 Hp Tri-Power, and continuing through the '64 T-Bolt, the '68 1/2 Cobra-Jet Mustang, the Jack Roush years and on to the present,,,,,I thought Dave's jaw was going to drop and hit the floor. :lol: It was like reliving the glory years of Ford Racing :!:

If you weren't there, you missed something,

Charlie Evans

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 05:38 PM

That was a cool hitsory lesson the Bowles Made !!! Nice People too !!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Dave

I simply do not deserve an intro like that , it really felt great though! thanks for the kind words. And all the hands on help and support throughout the entire season.
A big thanks to Charlie and all the individuals that put the seminar together. Great time.

Colin

C. Wigle
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Forum Contributor

Colin:

I am very impressed at what you have accomplished with your GT S/Stocker.
As a big fan of S/S and Stock eliminator, I must say that what you have done with a Ford 385 series in a class totally dominated by Chevies is amazing.

Do you have any pics of your car you can post up here?

I really enjoyed hearing you talk about at the seminar.

Alan

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Forum Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.evans
Thanks Dave for your kind words. Now then I think this means I've got to buy you breakfast the next time, right? :lol: :twisted:

I was pleased with all of our quest speakers and want to sincerely thank them.

Guys, when Donald Bowles and Donnie Bowles gave their presentation, starting with a '61 Starliner 390 CID 401 Hp Tri-Power, and continuing through the '64 T-Bolt, the '68 1/2 Cobra-Jet Mustang, the Jack Roush years and on to the present,,,,,I thought Dave's jaw was going to drop and hit the floor. :lol: It was like reliving the glory years of Ford Racing :!:

If you weren't there, you missed something,

Charlie:

I would like to thank you and everyone else who helped for all the hard work at the seminar.

I must say, I had heard of Don Boyles but I did not know about his history. I was all ears when he and Donnie talked about their racing program. What a treat !!

Those guys have another fan with me.

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM

I also think it was great best seminar ever been to.... so much info it made me want to stay and listen more.... Nice to see all the guy's and mingle among them..Hat's off to the vendors and Guy's that put it on.... can't wait to come to the bash....

Randy
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Forum Contributor

I am so glad to know that there a people out there with the same passion for the BBF. Thanks Charlie. I had a great time listening to the varied presentations and tech discussions, and of course meeting the guys who I visit with here. Had a very fun ride there and back visiting with my traveling partners also. Sorry for being an accomplice Seth, Chuck made me do it. 8)

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in