To the know it alls - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

To the know it alls

If you are reading this I was wondering how to easily break it to you that there are people using this board who do not know everything and do not really appreciate getting ridiculed every time they make a mistake or mispell a word or plain old stick there foot in there mouth .This is a place I can go to get away from the rat race but it keeps on coming in .Is it ok to say you saw a part on ebay to help others know it is available without posting a link or not .If you aren't selling it then you are hopefully a member trying to be of help to others .I may be wrong ,but a lot of people are going through hard times and to me it seems a little off the path of encouragement to bash somebody everytime they screw up .Would you like it ?That is my two cents from south carolina ,show me what ya got !!Nick D

We have the 62 FORD Galaxie Drag car back home and getting it cleaned up and tuned up for some goodtimes !! 460 AR Cobra Jet heads Dominator , offy portasonic , 620 Solid cam 60 over , fiberglass fenders and hood , Won several times at Pageland S.C.from Recent owner and won many nostalgia dragraces ,grudge runs at Farmington and Mooresville and Old Shuffletown when My Dad and uncle raced it !!! No Electronics ,footbrake car with C6 , Runs 6:80s 1/8 th mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Forum Contributor

I don't think this is the case, the guys here help those who really want to be helped and have honest questions. There is also some good natured ribbing that takes place, and gets a little carried away once in a while. As far as the E-bay stuff is concerned, yes it is mostly people trying to help others out, but if you are really looking for something and you haven't checked E-bay, you are probably not looking too hard. I'm not coming down on your observations, as they are as you see it. It is merely life and it happens even in our little piece of the web. If anyone is offended by the people here, they really need to go over to Yellowbullet and see what can really happen on a forum.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)

Garage
Well, I commented on one of those ebay posts, so I guess I'm included in the criticism.

I only posted to lest him know the rules. There are people trying to abide by the rules, and to have their posts bumped down the list by numerous ebay adds just isn't right.

Personally, I like ebay. I've bought and sold several items there (even though I haven't listed anything for sale there in over a year).

But the point is, that it's just the rules. Chilly decided how he wants it to be, and that's how it is. I don't think anyone means any harm or disrespect by letting peope know.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM

Thumbs up

I think guys putting ebay ads on the auction block is hurting people selling things on the block because it moves everything down a notch and gets it off the 1st page. But , I like ebay too and have bought and sold alot of stuff there. I don't have a problem at all with them putting an ebay ad here in chilly's garage to let us all know what's for sell on ebay.We all talk about everything here ,so it shouldn't hurt.I don't know if Chilly would have a problem with it? The ads I've seen put up had some cool parts for sale, and i enjoyed seeing them ,just my 2 cents worth.........Carry on Dudes!!!

Dan Hobbs 2004 Super Pro Champion Windy Hollow 2002 NHRA National Dragster Challenge Super Pro Champion Beech Bend Raceway Best ET 5.290 @ 132.95 1.14 60 Ft. 575 injected alcohol 2008 & 2009 BBF Bash PRO Champion(The Guy With 2 BIG Checks)2010FunFord Super Pro Winner @Norwalk,Oh. 2011 NHRA National HotRod Reunion Gas Eliminator Champion..2012 Ford Thunder Q-16 Heads Up Champion

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

I do agree ,if you are looking for something you probaly should have looked on ebay also ,I don't mind ribbing ,I did not really ean to just specify that case ,a lot of new guys come on here and get ignored or beat up as soon as they post something .If we are trying to grow this board I think it is important for some old timers who get weary of the same old questions ,that others who do not post as much step up and help em out too.I am not offended in any way about any of this ,just want peace bro!!!!!Actually when I get ribbed I know somebody is paying attention so it does't bother me .I was really trying to start some smack .I appreciate everything Chilly and Jones do to keep this board safe and usable Too!!!!You all have a great saturday ,I have to drive 4 hrs away to pic up a 46 ford coupe body so I will talk at ya tonight ,God Bless ,Nick p.s. nobody commented about the rat race (there aren't any rats on this forum ALL FORD )

We have the 62 FORD Galaxie Drag car back home and getting it cleaned up and tuned up for some goodtimes !! 460 AR Cobra Jet heads Dominator , offy portasonic , 620 Solid cam 60 over , fiberglass fenders and hood , Won several times at Pageland S.C.from Recent owner and won many nostalgia dragraces ,grudge runs at Farmington and Mooresville and Old Shuffletown when My Dad and uncle raced it !!! No Electronics ,footbrake car with C6 , Runs 6:80s 1/8 th mile
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:19 AM

ebay ads on auction block

i posted a ebay ad number on the auction block for the guys to see for a set of dooe heads that i would have liked to buy but didnt have the funds, and i watched the item and the next day the bidding started on it from 3 or 4 people, not trying to help the guy sell it, trying to help forum members find hard to find parts.and the ribbing part of the forum can be written with different intentions than how it is taken. i try not to take anythng too serious.i have asked some qustions that seem dumb to the more experienced members, but i just didnt know any better. i know alot more now about the 460 than i knew before, that is for sure.thanks for the info guys, more stupid questions in the future i am sure.

go for it
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i just think everyone is to damned stressed out ----- go pull out a wrench and work on your damn ford ---**** ---- come on guys we only live once lets have a little fun -------- oh and btw i do know that im going to whoop on all those ky cars at the bash they aint got **** on the ky killa

carry on gents

from the one that knows the least

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 70bbftorino
i to, mentioned a couple 460s on ebay on here......but it was to help someone get complete motors that were under 500 bucks.......trying to help people out- i do not know the seller, i do not live by them, i never have met them, i most likely dont care to ever know them........but i figured this is a good place to tell someone to jump on it....and with it being nationwide maybe someone lives local to the seller and can go get it, not even pay shipping.......and get thier project done. if it turns into posting your own ebay ads, as opposed to selling it outright on here.....then complain-- just my opinion on it
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 AM

Cool EBAY

Yes folks . Some times parts can be cheaper on ebay but WE are ALL strapped on money.If you go to a GAS station and pay 1.89 a gal then if i can tell you where to go buy it for a 1.49 what are you going to do ??? Complain about me telling you this or go buy cheaper.Just a couple months ago on a Victor intake folks wanted 250.00 to 300.00 for it. I got it new off of ebay for 200.00. Another example for COUGAR 1969--on a set of slicks if someone on here was selling them for 30.00 a tire cheaper than Summit you got a deal ,Right. Then if i know someone else who is selling them for buy one get one free and this is a 389.00 total savings--you be glad as hell to know.I see on here alot of times some is looking for something and its on ebay or Racing Junk--I'll pass it on.--Now lets sit down and drink a good glass of Skim Milk and laugh--Puff,Puff ,pass and peace.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Garage
I think people would be more accepting of posting links to good deals/interesting ebay parts in the Garage section.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Forum Contributor

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsByCarl View Post
I think people would be more accepting of posting links to good deals/interesting ebay parts in the Garage section.
Better yet, why not have it's own section with the title" Links to items for sale that might help board members" ???

Alan Mackin

83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0 RHO
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird 2.3 Turbo NHRA Stock Eliminator
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 460
95 Mustang GT 5spd Saphire Blue (purple)
95 Mustang GT auto Saphire Blue (purple)IHRA Pure Stocker
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM

I just think you should put the link to the part and not just that long number! What's so bad about helping somebody get a good deal!
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
they aint got **** on the ky killa
K-Y killa?

Last edited by CarsByCarl; 02-28-2009 at 09:10 AM.
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-88T-Bird Guy View Post
Better yet, why not have it's own section with the title" Links to items for sale that might help board members" ???
That's a good ideal but you know a computer bomb will work it's way in there some how and somebody's computer is going to get destroyed
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfrog View Post
Yes folks . Some times parts can be cheaper on ebay but WE are ALL strapped on money.If you go to a GAS station and pay 1.89 a gal then if i can tell you where to go buy it for a 1.49 what are you going to do ??? Complain about me telling you this or go buy cheaper.Just a couple months ago on a Victor intake folks wanted 250.00 to 300.00 for it. I got it new off of ebay for 200.00. Another example for COUGAR 1969--on a set of slicks if someone on here was selling them for 30.00 a tire cheaper than Summit you got a deal ,Right. Then if i know someone else who is selling them for buy one get one free and this is a 389.00 total savings--you be glad as hell to know.I see on here alot of times some is looking for something and its on ebay or Racing Junk--I'll pass it on.--Now lets sit down and drink a good glass of Skim Milk and laugh--Puff,Puff ,pass and peace.

Hey do what ever you do that makes you feel good..... I support the vendors on this board.

I DO THIS TO HELP CUZ THEY GIVE INFO TO US FOR FREE!

What has Ebay done for you? do they give you free Info on how to build your stuff???? I think not.... You seem to come on here and ask all kinds of questions and get free info, but are a little tight so you go find cheaper place to get your parts.....
What ever floats your boat... I know when I buy parts here I get what I was promised. Not take my chances with other places. I have got some good and some bad. thats why I choose here now. Burned a few times....

I understand a bargain is good, just most time you get what you pay for.... and sometimes what seems like a bargain is not so...

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in