Who here has done Armdrop Live? - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who here has done Armdrop Live?

They'll be at our local track over memorial day weekend. Doesn't really sound like my thing......would you guys that have done it do it again?
Im just wondering about trying to get registered or not. If its just a joke i'll just go watch instead.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Its a circus, dont go with a serious attitude lol. Just go have fun, I get a kick out of just making passes so what the hell.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM

ill bring my bronco.

If you don't have dirt in your beer your not at a real racetrack. 78 bronco, 513 gears, 466ci, vic j.r, l&l headers,

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Isnt this the deal where the force you to sandbag a certain ammount every round?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 AM

That's the one.

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM

Let's Race!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinks.jpg (50.8 KB, 20 views)

1961 Falcon "under construction"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to whitefield Send a message via MSN to whitefield Send a message via Yahoo to whitefield
when and where??? whats up RED?

Way Fast Whitey.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 01:48 AM

The armdrop thing is more or less a show for the fans...its fast paced thing to throw the bracket racers off their game....if you want to go have fun and dont take it to serious and dont both trying to dial in times [using a box]

90 Mustang 501 10.64 125 mph pump gas
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:19 AM

I agree 100% Notch,Got a friend of mine who is gonna take his R-X7 with a hot little windsor to the show in Memphis.Just wanting to go have fun and get out of the house!! BTW,I hope everyone has laughed at the pic I posted as much as I have.I wished I could have gotten Blake to use it as his Avatar.You can copy it if you want to Blake.I promise not to say a thing!!

1961 Falcon "under construction"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 AM

They're having one up here in Billings... I think it's the weekend after the Bash... I'm debating on going or not, mostly 'cause I can't stomach Rich or his crew... What's the deal with them making you sand-bag a race anyway...? If I went, I'd run it out the backdoor everytime... If I win great, if I lose, well, I had fun doing it...

I just check Yellowstone Dragstrip's schedule, and it's June 26 & 27...

Doug...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '86 F150... 521 w/ FRPP SCJ Heads, Glide...
Best ET: 1/8---6.17 @ 112 mph N/A @ 1200'
6.34 @ 112 mph N/A @ 5000'
1/4---9.73 @ 136 mph N/A @ 1200'
9.97 @ 135 mph N/A @ 5000'

Last edited by ThndrChkn; 03-06-2009 at 07:38 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to Blackcoupe
Me and my dad did the one here in Woodburn Or last 4th and 5th of july and made it to the semifinals with one of his cars. Heres the quick and dirty of it , after you do your burnout and hes ready to send you off the podium thing hes standing on will have a E.T. flash on it and you have to run as close to that number as possible kind of like bracket racing but you dont know your dial in til right before you race which once most of the faster cars were gone its kind of a pain in the *** but still fun. The car we were running was a 68 dart(I know its not a ford but its his car and I havent coverted him over yet but im working on it especially after him seeing that Im going to be as fast as his race car with mine running pump gas) w/500in low deck motor w/indy heads 727 w/brake,and a dana60 w/4.56s runs 9.60s pretty consistently. So, after the first cpl rounds most of the guys with cars as fast as ours were gone so it turned into alot of fender racing and still about everybody broke out so whoever broke out the least won that round. Kind of a PITA when right b4 you race say the number that comes up is an 11.0 and the car your next to normally runs 10.90s pretty easy for him to slow it down just a tad and we have a mid 9sec rig so you end up fender racing and try to figure out how much to beat him by and he could be sandbagging too and really screw things up for us on the big end so there was actually some strategy to it. Sorry if I confused anyone, its hard for me to explain but hopefull you got the jist of it. We are doing it again this yr here and this time we h ave 3 spots in it. Heres a link to our cars so if anybody is at the race this yr and you see us swing by the pits, we usually have a bbq going and a cpl coolers full of beverages. Once we got towards the end the car started getting hot (the block is 3/4 filled w/cement) so we'd be pushing it down the staging lane swapping the battery in the trunk(pin on trunk lid) with the fan and water pump on while at the same time spraying nitrous straight on the radiator to keep it at a safe temp so we didnt hurt the engine and then getting the trunk and hood back on to make another pass and luckily we had no mishaps at all thank god. Including the semifinal round that we lost we went 7rounds and really had a great time. Anyways heres one link to our cars I'll get the other one as soon as I remember the addy to the other one again these arent fords(might want to shield your eyes), Ill get some pics of my cars up as soon as I can:
www.freewebs.com/womanatorracing
If you have any questions just lemme know and I'll answer them the best I can.
Enjoy,
Marvin

87 coupe 306 5spd
85gt 466/c-6 sold
85gt new project
69 4x4 460/4spd
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 PM

Some friends and I went to the one at Gateway last year. We had a good time but you had best be prepared to ALOT of waiting around. It was extremely crowded (400+ cars) and after all is said and done you may end up going home without getting in. All in all, it was a fun time and I was glad to be able to say we went. We even got our car on television so that made up for alot even though we had to wait 3 months to find out. Jarrod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in