no more political threads - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
fastbarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: aberdeen, wa
Posts: 400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
no more political threads

sorry about the political thread i started. i didn't read the rules. wont happen again.
fastbarry is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southfield, Michigan
Posts: 1,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Thank you!
D's557BBF is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
 
skosler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cistern, Texas (Southeast of Austin)
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
There you go... good boy. I personally prefer not to be informed and just want to hear whatever the mainstream media is feeding me. Just bury your head in the sand and remain fat, dumb and stupid because good ole uncie Sam will take care of you. As long as you got your racecar, you’re good to go. And don't worry, our government would never want to take away your gas guzzling, super emissions emitting, noise making hobby.

Now back to the really important things... my TV show is on, my racecar is faster than yours, Spurs are better than the Lakers, Steelers rule, strip clubs and porn, and to heck with leaving a decent and stable world for our grandchildren... let them worry about it.

it's all in fun, but rules are rules.

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
skosler is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
richter69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: sniffin' out the procomp threads
Posts: 6,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
You should go over to Yellowbullet, they have a political section there, maybe you could even moderate it.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
richter69 is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
79-6.9 is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MILLBROOK, AL.
Posts: 6,970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skosler View Post
There you go... good boy. I personally prefer not to be informed and just want to hear whatever the mainstream media is feeding me. Just bury your head in the sand and remain fat, dumb and stupid because good ole uncie Sam will take care of you. As long as you got your racecar, you’re good to go. And don't worry, our government would never want to take away your gas guzzling, super emissions emitting, noise making hobby.

Now back to the really important things... my TV show is on, my racecar is faster than yours, Spurs are better than the Lakers, Steelers rule, strip clubs and porn, and to heck with leaving a decent and stable world for our grandchildren... let them worry about it.

it's all in fun, but rules are rules.


LMFAO you are unbelievable Skosler this site is for the the Ford enthusiasts not the " i dont have a race car or big block ford but i want to shove my political views up your *** site "........ go over to a political site and express your views not here we dont care ......the only thing your good for is depressing the american people ----- you need to get a job with cbs or something !!!!! btw cant wait to meet you at the bash and have a couple of beers .........

n/m ........



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
bruno is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southfield, Michigan
Posts: 1,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
LMFAO you are unbelievable Skosler this site is for the the Ford enthusiasts not the " i dont have a race car or big block ford but i want to shove my political views up your *** site "........ go over to a political site and express your views not here we dont care ......the only thing your good for is depressing the american people ----- you need to get a job with cbs or something !!!!! btw cant wait to meet you at the bash and have a couple of beers .........

n/m ........
bruno, that's why you are my manz!
D's557BBF is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
skosler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cistern, Texas (Southeast of Austin)
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
I have a 466 BBF, but don't have the $$$ to finish my 1979 f110 swb 2wd truck (about 4-5K) I will not be at the bash this year because I will be working 7 days a week, 12 hours + a day, that whole month (actually the first half of summer). I averaged about 60 hours/week the last month.

I would gladly drink a few with ya, but unfortunately I do not have enough material to talk racing and BBF's the whole time.

Sorry for being depressing, but I am really concerned with the way we are heading the last few decades. If it keeps up we will look back one day (after more and more freedoms have been taken away or restricted [think drag racing] do to tree huggers, etc) and wish we were a little more involved.

I think the deliberate and constant bashing of one party is useless. I am an equal oppurtunity hater since they are all screwing us. Staying up with current events and getting involved with poltical items that affect us is a responsibility we should all cherish and embrace. I see politics affecting my daily life a heck of a lot more than racing smack talk. JMO

xoxo
stephen

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
skosler is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
skosler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cistern, Texas (Southeast of Austin)
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
what does n/m... mean?

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
skosler is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
skosler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cistern, Texas (Southeast of Austin)
Posts: 2,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
LMFAO you are unbelievable Skosler this site is for the the Ford enthusiasts not the " i dont have a race car or big block ford but i want to shove my political views up your *** site "........ go over to a political site and express your views not here we dont care ......the only thing your good for is depressing the american people ----- you need to get a job with cbs or something !!!!! btw cant wait to meet you at the bash and have a couple of beers .........

n/m ........

looks like those 3 words summed it up pretty good.

Sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches... 'CHANGE' is coming!

We say grace, and we say ma'am, if you ain't into that we don't give a damn... cause a country boy can survive!
skosler is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Stop in at the Bullet the Political section is nutz..........
dfree383 is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MILLBROOK, AL.
Posts: 6,970
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skosler View Post
I have a 466 BBF, but don't have the $$$ to finish my 1979 f110 swb 2wd truck (about 4-5K) I will not be at the bash this year because I will be working 7 days a week, 12 hours + a day, that whole month (actually the first half of summer). I averaged about 60 hours/week the last month.

I would gladly drink a few with ya, but unfortunately I do not have enough material to talk racing and BBF's the whole time.

Sorry for being depressing, but I am really concerned with the way we are heading the last few decades. If it keeps up we will look back one day (after more and more freedoms have been taken away or restricted [think drag racing] do to tree huggers, etc) and wish we were a little more involved.

I think the deliberate and constant bashing of one party is useless. I am an equal oppurtunity hater since they are all screwing us. Staying up with current events and getting involved with poltical items that affect us is a responsibility we should all cherish and embrace. I see politics affecting my daily life a heck of a lot more than racing smack talk. JMO

xoxo
stephen

I SEE ONE WORD THAT SUMS YOU UP ............

we all deal with that **** on a day to day basis ......... MOST OF US COME HERE TO RELAX FROM THE NEWS, POLITCS, ECONOMY, ETC...... NOT LISTEN TO IT ALL OVER AGAIN ......... WHY CANT YOU JUST TAKE THIS POLITICAL STUFF SOMEWHERE ELSE ......WHY ?????

460FORD.COM .......ITS ABOUT CARS,MOTORS,RACING,OUR HOBBY OUR LOVE .....sorry but idont see .....i just need to stop ..sorry guys



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
bruno is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Assonet, MA
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Send a message via AIM to psquare75
I don't have a horse in this race on either side, but one thing caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosler View Post

I would gladly drink a few with ya, but unfortunately I do not have enough material to talk racing and BBF's the whole time.
Isn't that when you talk about T&A? That usually fills my conversations up just fine.

Carry on gentlemen.

psquare75 is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
beltfeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: the sewer of New York state (Rochester)
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hey boys ease up.

skosler is a good egg. He just really cares about the future of this country. And Bruno is always fun to have pop on the site. So to make both of you feel a little better I recommend Skosler goes out and fires a few rounds into some water jugs. And Bruno needs to pick on his Tweety bird buddy or maybe round up Les for a good whipping!!!! I'm not really pleased with the current state of this country but if you dwell on it everyday then you are the one that suffers. Just my 2 cents, Pete.
beltfeed is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
 
CarsByCarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Posts: 5,481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
 
Garage
I think there needs to be a review of the policy by management (Chilly).

Seems as though there are more and more political threads allowed to run unfettered, as well as siginitures and avatars with inflamatory rederick.

Allow it or not. I don't really care, but to have a rule against it, and allow it to be flaunted without consequence will only lead to people ignoring other rules......like the ebay thing lately.

Fastest street legal BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest AFR headed BBF on 460Ford.com
Fastest street legal 2nd gen Montego GT on EARTH!
CarsByCarl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome