First dyno session while on vacation - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Send a message via MSN to fordsbyjay
First dyno session while on vacation

I was over at my buddies shop last night and got to watch them dyno a blown alky A-head 572. It made 1580 hspr and 1200 ft/lb of torque. I couldn't believe how quite their dyno room was because the thing was a beast with the door open.

He just finished a Edelbrock headed 545 for another mud racer as well. He also has a set of Kaase Boss heads on order for another 572 pump gas deal. Fords are rockin here in Edmonton.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Blown Alky

Yes that was Randy @ Prostock. My buddy Ryan's engine in for a refresh. I got the call at 12 midnight for an update. I think the engine specs are actually a 565" with a 4.25 stroke and a max bored at 4.625", A460 block with a 1471. He had a little cap walk last year on the rear main. His competetion is all running 1600-2100 hp. The 545" E-head is a pump gas deal that made I think 600hp and 600 ft\lbs on 91 premium. That is the 5th-545 that I will be running against this season with my little 466. The top 5 out of 20 trucks are all Fords. Randy is doing good work and trying to get lots of the ford mudrace guys to get their work done at his shop. Busy place.

How long are you up in this neck of the woods ? You timed it right as the weather finally warmed up a little.

Later Man, Mark L.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

I am not sure how long I will be up. I am just waiting till my next job comes up then I will head back for it. I hope to be here for a few more weeks though.

I was being a little vague on the details seems how it wasn't my motor and I wasn't sure if the owner wanted too many details out.

p.s. I guess he needs a girdle for that cap walk.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting.."holy crap.... what a ride!"

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Laczo View Post
Yes that was Randy @ Prostock. My buddy Ryan's engine in for a refresh. I got the call at 12 midnight for an update. I think the engine specs are actually a 565" with a 4.25 stroke and a max bored at 4.625", A460 block with a 1471. He had a little cap walk last year on the rear main. His competetion is all running 1600-2100 hp. The 545" E-head is a pump gas deal that made I think 600hp and 600 ft\lbs on 91 premium. That is the 5th-545 that I will be running against this season with my little 466. The top 5 out of 20 trucks are all Fords. Randy is doing good work and trying to get lots of the ford mudrace guys to get their work done at his shop. Busy place.

How long are you up in this neck of the woods ? You timed it right as the weather finally warmed up a little.

Later Man, Mark L.
So what is going on in your neck of the woods Mark? I haven't seen a mud race or truck pull for ever. My oldest daughter and I are going to the track here in Edmonton next weekend with a buddy of mine.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM

What going on !

If your going to be around awhile all the CMRO guys are going out to Edson on June 5-6-7 for our first mudrace of the season. Added attraction is a Friday night shootout, winner take all $5000 purse. Thats why all the blown Alky guys are turning up the wick, quite a few venues have put together a Friday shootout of the 10-16 fastest rigs for some good money. Its sounds like some B.C. racers possibly Montana also may come out for that kind of money. Hopefully I will be ready to go as I am at work right now but should be home on Wed. to start wrenching.

Later Mark.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Mark ,sounds like you may have to come down and borrow my 572
Frank
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:02 AM

Frank,
That sounds like one hell of a good plan Hahaha
I'll just have to get to upgrading my whole driveline to take that much abuse.

Mark

PS how much HP is that backup engine making.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

the motor n/a was a little low on torque975 hp /847 buit on the spray it realy came aroundwth the soft hit nozzles with a 32 - 28 setting - pulled 1375 hp and a pull with the fogger 2'S with the same jetting got 1425hp it was iladvived to try a pull with with both stages coming on
frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in