Hey richter69 - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey richter69

Did you ever get that jr dragster? I know when you first talked about picking it up, that was just before we had our major blackout here and lost alot of pm's and post' and such. Just want to let you know I came across a few things the other day in the garage that will help you out!!

MIKE

SCJ REBEL'S
528 cu in "SNAKE POWERED"
Fab It Racing 586-703-0675
Dan "The Sticker Man" Hobbs
Team Z
Tony

Best to date [email protected]

If there were no fools there'd be no fun!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Yes I did!

The Briggs motor is pretty worn out, my machinist buddy in the city has all the stuff to work on the little motors, but any advice would be great. From what little I have researched it needs a billet rod, good flywheel, etc etc. Would like to either convert the carb on it now to alky or buy a new one.

Plans are to dismantle the car this fall (or when ever I get the 81 back together) get rid of the go cart steering and put a rack on it, taller
front wheels, repaint the chassis/body etc.

I need to get a plan together for the motor in the jr, I would like to pull my motor out of the 69 this winter and freshen it, make it bigger etc, but it might have to wait on the jr lol.

69 Grande'
P51 headed 563
3070#'s
5.15 @ 134.89
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Forum Contributor

i had a sidewinder racing cart for my oldest doughter years back i had motor built for it lasted about 3 weeks locked the wrist pin up the guy that built it said i ran it with out oil with it was not he had put a brigg and straton racing piston and rod in it and he wouldn't make it good so i built it . i put a lightening modified rod and wisco piston and cran cam and would turn that little sucker 10000 to 11000 rpms. what i liked about the lightening modified rod is it got a scoop like a little spoon on it that picks up oil and oils the bearing and wrist pin and it has changable bearing.if you have to get another block for some reason get industral with the cast cyl. with roller bearing on the crank shaft, the ones with the bushing want last long turning very many rpms.i ran a meth carb ported and polished.horseman make real good stall clucthes for them to that you can set the stall to what you need, dont know what all you can run on the jr

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by richter69 View Post
Yes I did!

The Briggs motor is pretty worn out, my machinist buddy in the city has all the stuff to work on the little motors, but any advice would be great. From what little I have researched it needs a billet rod, good flywheel, etc etc. Would like to either convert the carb on it now to alky or buy a new one.

Plans are to dismantle the car this fall (or when ever I get the 81 back together) get rid of the go cart steering and put a rack on it, taller
front wheels, repaint the chassis/body etc.

I need to get a plan together for the motor in the jr, I would like to pull my motor out of the 69 this winter and freshen it, make it bigger etc, but it might have to wait on the jr lol.

Jon,
Just let me know if you need to use any of the specialty stuff (tools) I have. Any info on what to do with it to make live and survive, just hollar I'll get you in the right direction. Those little motors wrapping the R's are hard on the guides which I have some special ones and other parts your welcome to have for free!

MIKE

SCJ REBEL'S
528 cu in "SNAKE POWERED"
Fab It Racing 586-703-0675
Dan "The Sticker Man" Hobbs
Team Z
Tony

Best to date [email protected]

If there were no fools there'd be no fun!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in