Ripped off by another enthusiast. - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Angry Ripped off by another enthusiast.

I know some of you are going to say " you cant trust anyone over the internet", but this guy is someone I thought Id be able to have some faith in.

I brought a 460 blue thunder dual quad manifold on this site from a a guy going by BGRACING. Sent him the money via paypal and never heard from him again. Seemed like a normal honest guy wanting to help out someone who was interested in the same cars.

After some investigation, he owns, or used to own Big Gun Racing Automatics in Blackwell MO, which is supposedly where he was posting the item from. The guy (Matt Heady) and his company have built transmissions for a lot of Monster truck teams over the years. Again, the type of guy you would think is pretty honest and straightforward.

If anyone could help me out with being able to contact him, I would appreciate it, as I only have his first and last name, town and paypal email account. Which he doesnt answer emails to me anymore.

Ive searched through the MO phone directory online and couldnt get any numbers which worked or were still in use.

Im pretty angry at myself for trusting someone as much as this, in the past three or four months I have spent around $4000 of my very hard earned money on engine parts in the USA, all on locally manufactured goods by buying online, and never had a single problem. Im not very impressed that now I have to buy another manifold which is going to far exceed what it would have cost me to just go and buy a new one in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 PM

Have you contact pay pal?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 PM

In a situation like yours, you would have been money ahead to deal with some of the vendors on this Board. Knowing who you are dealing with...while on the other side of the planet is, in my opinion, paramount.

Travellin' through time...
5.66 @ 124
8.91 @ 151
557-A429's-Glide-4.10's

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Paypal cant do anything because I paid him Via the SEND MONEY option.

So, be very careful with doing this!!!!

These manifolds can be hard to come across, and I posted a "WANTED" post in the auction block which is where I got it from. I thought he was some type of vendor but I didnt check him out enough.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)

My one customer used to have Matt do the C6's for his monster truck. Matt always did an outstanding job on them and they worked very well for a long time. Matt is one of those guys who has his own ideas about things and you can't really convince him of anything different. But the times where I've met him I always enjoyed our conversation and he seemed like an alright guy.

In the meantime something's happened to Matt..... He built a monster truck of his own using his own ideas which were both good and bad. He wanted to build a state of the art lightweight monster truck using aluminum hubs, lightweight driveline and an NA engine. These were NOT good ideas in particular the lightweight hubs which failed on the FIRST jump on the FIRST outing with the truck!

For whatever reason this was sort of a crushing thing for Matt having the truck fail in such a way and I have not seen him since this happened, he's fallen off of the face of the earth. This is not to say that you won't see your stuff or that he's ripped you off, I don't know. Anything is possible but in the past Matt seemed like an OK guy and I'd like to think that's still the case.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic --Arthur C. Clarke

Dave McLain
McLain's Automotive
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM

It appears that he was on the site a week ago, so he hasnt dissapeared entirely. Maybe he will see this post and remember to ship it???? If nothing else Get an IP address from a moderator or administrator on this site, The paypal account and transaction details, email address, PM's, Pictures, known address and phone numbers and contact your local PD and his local PD. Im sure the local PD can pay him a visit for you.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:00 AM

I have some friends in his area, I'll see if I can dig up a phone number or something this weekend.

When in doubt mat it out!!
1994 Ford 490cu in. A-429
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:30 AM

Sorry for your bad luck

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad situation, Its just seems like with the economy going in the crapper...There's more and more of this going around.. There's a Bunch of Good guys on this site, that will bend over backwards to help a fellow Gearhead !

I sure hope your able to get your intake at the price you paid...Hopefully it was just an oversight ??
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, Id like to think that its still on its way but im seriously having my doubts. I know the economy of the world is screwed, and its not so good here in Australia either. Its just really painful to save for something and then have someone take advantage of your trust like this.

I believed I was dealing with someone who was more than happy to honestly sell me a product as I have found to be the case with every other US parts dealer I have come across.

Ill try to look into his IP adress and try to contact the local authorities in St Louis.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 09:43 PM

Same guy who took me for a manual valve body a few moonths ago. PM me and we'll talk. Let your local police department know about it. We aren't the only one he has gotten here lately.

Brandon Reid

501 "BUILT WITH DRUG MONEY" MUSTANG
SCJ's BY BLAKE C., 12:1 CR, SOLID ROLLER, C6, 1150 QF DOMINATOR
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courier33 View Post
Thanks guys, Id like to think that its still on its way but im seriously having my doubts. I know the economy of the world is screwed, and its not so good here in Australia either. Its just really painful to save for something and then have someone take advantage of your trust like this.

I believed I was dealing with someone who was more than happy to honestly sell me a product as I have found to be the case with every other US parts dealer I have come across.

Ill try to look into his IP adress and try to contact the local authorities in St Louis.
Nothing pisses me off more. I too work two-2- jobs to try to save for parts and when someone takes advantage of another, I don't care for any excuse. I live by "what comes around" and I have very good luck. He will get his. Smile lad, with this awesome site you may still have a 2x4 manifold. Tres...

533 powered 1961 falcon , my car. Hot Rods and Tuners ....
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM

ive heard about this guy for years . but never anything bad about him i always heard he was a stand up guy ? brad
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

So it looks like im not the only one who has been done by this bloke. I too believe what goes around comes around, so it seems this guy has some bad fortune coming his way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in