I Just Shot' em..............................Joke - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Talking I Just Shot' em..............................Joke

So its Saturday night and the Dog wakes me up Barking. I get up and go to the Kitchen for a drink of water. As I'm standing contemplating shooting the damned Dog for waking me I look toward my barn and see the light is on in my tack room.

I thought to myself, Now I thought i not only turned that light out but, closed the doot and locked it. suddenly i see 2 people carting my prize saddles out. I Grabbed up the phone and called the sheriffs office.

When the Lady answered the phone I told her my name and where i live and said send me a deputy quick somebody is stealing stuff outta my Barn. I'm sorry sir but, you will just have to wait we don't have enough deputies in the County so none are available to help you.

Stay in your house and Don't go out there just let them go so nobody gets hurt. I hung up the phone took another drink of water contemplating the situation. Needless to say, I was a little more then put off by the Attitude of the dispatcher

I gave it a minute the called back and told her Never mind I took care of the problem. I don't need a Deputy Just send a hurst I shot them both then hung up. I picked my 45-70 lever gun and proceded to scare those boys to death when they walked back out of my barn and were looking down the barrel of that Winchester. they set down on a bail of hay.

It wasnt a long wait at all in about 2 minutes i heard the sound of Sirens and sure enough 4 deputies and 2 troopers showed up. After they arrested the thieves One of the Deputies tortly ask me . I thought you told the dispatcher You shot both of them ? you know we don't like to be lied to!

to which I replied, I thought she said ya'll werent available I don't much like being lied to either!

Have a great week ya'll

'he never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears'

Larry (SLIM)

77 F-150 BB on 38.5's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Forum Contributor

Don't mess with us country folk. We are a little smarter than them slick talkers realize.

run what ya brung and hope you brung enough
89 F150 mud drag truck
Charter member 460Ford.com "*** kissers"
BUILT 460Ford.com forum TOUGH. Assembled by me and all my friends here. It don't get no better than that.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 PM

speakin' of 45-70 lever guns, I really like my dad's Marlin 1895. Only problem is it sometimes jams the next round halfway out the tube and the lever all the way open. I'm suspecting the spring in the tube is weak. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and deburred any sharp edges. Still does it. Thoughts?

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJackson View Post
speakin' of 45-70 lever guns, I really like my dad's Marlin 1895. Only problem is it sometimes jams the next round halfway out the tube and the lever all the way open. I'm suspecting the spring in the tube is weak. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and deburred any sharp edges. Still does it. Thoughts?

Bullet shape? Does it do it with different type bullets?

The older I get, the smarter Dad was.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77mud View Post
So its Saturday night and the Dog wakes me up Barking. I get up and go to the Kitchen for a drink of water. As I'm standing contemplating shooting the damned Dog for waking me I look toward my barn and see the light is on in my tack room.

I thought to myself, Now I thought i not only turned that light out but, closed the doot and locked it. suddenly i see 2 people carting my prize saddles out. I Grabbed up the phone and called the sheriffs office.

When the Lady answered the phone I told her my name and where i live and said send me a deputy quick somebody is stealing stuff outta my Barn. I'm sorry sir but, you will just have to wait we don't have enough deputies in the County so none are available to help you.

Stay in your house and Don't go out there just let them go so nobody gets hurt. I hung up the phone took another drink of water contemplating the situation. Needless to say, I was a little more then put off by the Attitude of the dispatcher

I gave it a minute the called back and told her Never mind I took care of the problem. I don't need a Deputy Just send a hurst I shot them both then hung up. I picked my 45-70 lever gun and proceded to scare those boys to death when they walked back out of my barn and were looking down the barrel of that Winchester. they set down on a bail of hay.

It wasnt a long wait at all in about 2 minutes i heard the sound of Sirens and sure enough 4 deputies and 2 troopers showed up. After they arrested the thieves One of the Deputies tortly ask me . I thought you told the dispatcher You shot both of them ? you know we don't like to be lied to!

to which I replied, I thought she said ya'll werent available I don't much like being lied to either!

Have a great week ya'll
On a serious note, I would say this. Sweetwater TN nor Madisonville, TN will not take a call if your address is divided near each other. Each of these municipalities have stated its the counties area. Confusing to me, living in Sweetwater, TN but paying Madisonville, TN taxes; go figure.

I'm not so sure that I would ask them anything. It may be BOOM, BOOM OUT GO THE LIGHTS. "Where is my shovel."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Shoot, shovel, shut up.

BTW, the marlin jams with either hollow points or flat nose. I of course don't load spitzers as it's a tube magazine, but it's not the point of the bullet causing any jam. Schmitty has given me a good idea of where to look for the issue. thanks

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJackson View Post
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

BTW, the marlin jams with either hollow points or flat nose. I of course don't load spitzers as it's a tube magazine, but it's not the point of the bullet causing any jam. Schmitty has given me a good idea of where to look for the issue. thanks
What is the matter "Jacky", don't like people having an opinion.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 AM

Not the case at all. That saying is a common one in reference to shooting looters and what-not. I wasn't telling forum members to shut up, if that's how it was taken.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Lt1

I'm sensitive lol..... I thought that was what you meant; just wasn't sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in