Pat from Jersey - 460 Ford Forum
Chilly's Garage A place for non-460 banter.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pat from Jersey

Anybody, heard, or seen Pat, he hasn't posted in a while, maybe he is at the track, hot lapping the fairlane, hey Pat wake up.

let it happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 04:06 AM

He's alive Harold, he posted me a couple days ago.

Rick Brown
(LIL TWEETY) BBF 62 Falcon Tube Chassis
Member of a BAND OF BROTHERS

Pro Motion Machining
Perfect Reflections Photography
Bronx Corner Automotive
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
I'm here Harold. I've been working long hours at work to make up for the 2 week vacation I took for the Bash. Last night was a great night with my Dad and brother. We went to a Doo Wop Show at the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove, NJ. We saw Charlie Thomas and the Drifters, The Diamonds, Vito and The Salutations, and Emil Stucchio & The Classics. Great show!

I haven't touched my Fairlane since I took it off the trailer from Kentucky, other than readjusting the clutch. I did buy some tire bead sealant, but I need your F350 to roll over the side to break the bead. I hope to do that experiment this week, and rough sand the inside of the bead. I hope that keeps the tires from spinning on the rim. If that doesn't do it, I'm going to get slicks for the track and be done with it. I'm looking forward to the next track trip. Thanks for the thoughts Harold; you're the man!

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatFromJersey View Post
I'm here Harold. I've been working long hours at work to make up for the 2 week vacation I took for the Bash. Last night was a great night with my Dad and brother. We went to a Doo Wop Show at the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove, NJ. We saw Charlie Thomas and the Drifters, The Diamonds, Vito and The Salutations, and Emil Stucchio & The Classics. Great show!

I haven't touched my Fairlane since I took it off the trailer from Kentucky, other than readjusting the clutch. I did buy some tire bead sealant, but I need your F350 to roll over the side to break the bead. I hope to do that experiment this week, and rough sand the inside of the bead. I hope that keeps the tires from spinning on the rim. If that doesn't do it, I'm going to get slicks for the track and be done with it. I'm looking forward to the next track trip. Thanks for the thoughts Harold; you're the man!

You can use contact cement on the bead and wheel to help from spinning. Thats kind of a last resort thing when all else fails.

Travis
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 10:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatFromJersey Send a message via Yahoo to PatFromJersey
I hope so Travis, because I don't want to use screws on my nice steel powder coated rims and Drag Radials. We were talking about options at the Bash, and this was one some guys told me to try. At 18 psi, the tire would hook and spin on the rim (powder coated in/out), but 20+ psi the tires would spin on the track. I couldn't find that happy medium so this is the next step. I could always walk it off the line, but dumping the clutch at 3k rpm's is so much fun.

New project coming... 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe 521/C6
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM

Pat

Yo Pat hoew you doing, let us know what you run at the track when you get there Joe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 460 Ford Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in